This is a notice to all players that on Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 we will be having major maintenance of our server.
We will be performing what is essentially a factory reset. The simple explanation of what we will be doing is as follows: export all Redstoner data, reinstall the operating system, then install everything back.
Just note that this is only a factory reset of the server hardware.
We hope The Minecraft worlds and website data will be unaffected. TeamSpeak, however, will be reset to clean up the mess that it is.
On that Wednesday, all of our services will be unavailable. A temporary Minecraft server will be set up for everyone to use to make the time pass faster. The address of that will be announced at a later date. We plan to have at least our website and main Minecraft server back up on the same day.
Are we switching to seasonal recaps? No
- @Rman has just started his training as mod. Wish him
badgood luck on his path to full moditude.
New Redstoner Emails
We now have emails based on the main redstoner.com domain. Here they are:
- staff member ign AT redstoner.com - Can be used to contact a staff member directly.
- contact AT redstoner.com - Sends an email to the entire staff team.
- no-reply AT redstoner.com - Used for notification emails. Don’t reply, as the replies don’t go to anyone.
- appeal AT redstoner.com - If you want to make an appeal, but don‘t have a forums account, this is the way to go.
Please use these responsibly, or there may be consequences.
Website Two Factor Authentication
If you've logged in to the site recently, you may have noticed a new TOTP code field. You can now set up 2FA on your website account, which requires entering a unique code from your phone as an extra security step when logging in. All staff members are required to have this feature enabled.
This recap is on time. April Fools!
- @Yummy_ retired. We wish him the best of luck and hope to see him again every once in a while.
Redstoner's Lustrum Anniversary
On March 29th, Redstoner turned 5! While not much happened, we did change our spawn to a giant cake fest:
We're Synergy now, or we were on the first; in a collaboration with Synergy we switched servers:
(x-post from @BrubriRedstone's thread)
We are looking for people that are really good in building to be part of the Redstoner BuildTeam. We are planning to do something very special for Redstoner's 5th anniversary and we have very limited time for it, so we need your building skills to do it.
At the moment, we're only accepting builders applications. However, if you are a redstoner, don't worry! There will soon™ be BuildTeam applications for redstoners too!
These are the requirements:
- You are builder rank or higher.
- You have good building skills.
- You have some time to spend into this project, that has to be finished in under 5 days
- (Nice to have): being available on Slack.
If you are thinking you have these requirements, and want to apply, then reply to this thread. You have to include these in your reply:
- Full Minecraft username.
- How much time you can spend into this project, and into other stuff in general.
- Some screenshots that show your creations (as I personally don't have much time in my hands to join the server). You have to include at least five screenshots.
If you are going to be accepted into the team, you'll be contacted by @BrubriRedstone or a staff member, and you will be shown what the secret project™ is.
Thanks for your applications, this thread is closed, a more official one will open shortly.
On Wednesday or Thursday we rolled out BigPlots. A plot world that's made up of 311x plots, which is over 3 times the width and 9 times the area of normal plots! These plots are limited to Builders and above.
There are two temporary rules that will be in effect until
March 29 @ 17:54:47 UTC
- When you claim a plot you have to use the plot for something within the first 48h. If you fail to do anything, your plot will most likely be reset.
- Trusted may only have 1 BigPlot. This will most likely be changed back to 2 after this date.
Due to these rules being made today, but BigPlots being made public yesterday, the 48h time window started at midnight UTC for any plots claimed before now.
Also remember, if you have a valid reason to get another plot, normal or big, regardless of your rank, you can ask for another one. However make sure it is a valid reason.
This is only the beginning.
Side Note: The Ignore Module and it's companion The Chat Module will most likely be running on production by Sunday/Monday. For info on what these modules do, check out the module wiki.
Can February March? No, but April May
We operate a Tor relay now. Not much to say about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We get a trivial amount of questions regarding Redstoner branded merch: keychains, shirts, etc. While we don't have anything set up as of now, let us know what you think about it and if you have any suggestions.
Talks of a (Trusted) UHC have been stirring "recently". If you've missed the thread, read it here. If you want to participate and you haven't signed up yet, even if you're not Trusted+, then you can do so here.
Villagers are now fixed in the survival worlds; they can spawn in newly generated villages, and should also be able to breed.
We've improved the Modules Wiki to be up to date and contain a few new things that are soon to be released.
Here are some notable changes:
- Logs: A module that allows staff to search logs ingame. Doesn't affect most players.
- Ignore: Allows players to actually ignore players almost everywhere, instead of just normal chat messages. While not out yet, it will be out within the next week, and the majority of the code was written a month ago.
- List: Fixed formating for Console line.
This month, I'll definitely be more active on adding some feature requests. However, if you wish to help, but don't know how to use or setup the ModuleLoader, ChatAPI, and ChestAPI, then I can help you along with the wiki.
A couple of website updates have been pushed out featuring a couple new features and miscellaneous bug fixes. Here are some notable changes:
- The website now runs Ruby 2.3.0.
- All gems the website uses are completely up to date now.
- Subforums now have atom feeds. Simply append a
.atomto the URL of the subforum and you will be presented with a feed you can subscribe to.
- IP addresses on users' profile pages now show the reverse address.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
After a year of building and creating, we have reset the survival and trusted survival worlds. Now, before you start freaking out, we saved the old worlds here in case you get nostalgic or whatever.
Trusted rank is a pretty exciting thing - it means that the staff absolutely trusts someone with powerful commands and access. Because of this, we'd like to once again recognize everyone who has earned that rank this year.
All trusted promotions in 2017:
- @minenash became a developer
- @HackerAttacker retired to join the USAF, and @Futsy took his place
- @Redempt retired from moderator
- @jomo retired from administrator
somehowbecame an administrator and web developer
Disclaimer: This might be edited later, so check in on it later if you want :P
New year, new small text
This is an announcement that we will be resetting both survival worlds on Janurary 1st, 2018. On the same day, we will be making those worlds available for download.
Also, starting on that day, we will be resetting both survival worlds every year on Janurary 1st. This will be done to hopefully make the worlds more enjoyable because there will be a clean slate to start with every once in a while.
Halloween = Christmas; 31 OCT = 25 DEC
@Dico200 has returned to his previous roles of admin and developer. Welcome back!
@LogalDeveloper is now (officially) a web dev :D
@Sckrob has sadly retired due to personal reasons. She may return to the team in the future.
Spawn Fix and Update
It was brought to our attention recently that crops in spawn could be trampled- this has now been fixed.
We have also changed our main spawn to its Christmas version! Here are some screenshots, courtesy of Logal:
I thought you were posting this PJ.
Amuck, amuck, amuck!
@LogalDeveloper's SSH keys were accidentally uploaded to the production server, so I guess he's admin now.
@Minhplays was too busy protecting the US, so he has been demoted to allow him to protect full time.
@Yummy_ has been allowed back onto the staff team on the condition that he disposes of his Shrek shrine.
- No one. D:
The website was updated again! All the information about the update can be found in this blog post.
End portals have been entirely disabled in the creative world, but nether portals have been kept enabled. However, nether portals will no longer be glitchy as heck when you enter one. Now you can make nether portal doors without the fear of getting stuck in a portal! However, if you come across an end portal that was created before this fix, please let a staff member know so we can remove it.
Spawn has been spoopified for the spoopy holiday that we all know and love, Spoopoween.
Check it out today with
/spawn! However, be quick, because the spoop will disappear sometime in November!
Big thanks to @PyjamaL1ama, @Pepich1851, @cobra063, and @Doomblah for spoopifying the spawn.
Our christmas spawn from 2014 is now available for download! It contains many memes and a lot of nostalgia for our older players. Grab a copy here!