Wow, we can't even keep recaps in one season... ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯
- @Nemes has retired from admin, we wish him the best of luck in life.
- @Pepich1851 is back from commons and has resumed his position of admin (but not staff lead).
- @SBdoesRedstone (sailorkittxns)
Security and Appeals
Over the past two months we secured our login-security module's logs and changed the appeal process to be more lenient towards permbans from long ago. You can find the respective news posts here and here.
- LoginSecurity has more secure logs (as said above).
- /lol search and /lol match now have paging.
- Changed the word used for players with the Trusted Rank from
- Teleport permission fix.
Open Staff Positions
The Staff of Redstoner wishes to expand our team. If you think you meet the requirements, feel free to submit an application!
Redstoner's appeal policy has maintained for a long time that 'permanent bans are permanent' and should not be appealed unless considered unjust or unfair (excluding chat offences, an exception for which was added a while back). This, however, is changing.
Here is the relevant snippet from the edited appeal guidelines:
If the following points describe your case, you might be eligible to be unbanned or have your punishment reconsidered. Please be aware though, that it is relatively unlikely you will be unbanned, don't waste our time if you were reasonably banned!
- You can appeal permanent bans if you believe they were unjust/unfair.
- You can also appeal if you feel enough time has passed and you have changed positively since the punishment was issued. An appropriate time period will depend on the nature of the ban or demotion and therefore is not explicitly defined.
- You can appeal any ban (within reason).
- Your appeal will only be accepted if we can see from it that you have actually matured, and if the appeal seems honest. This will be decided on a case by case basis.
Please be aware that appeals can be closed at the staff team's discretion without necessarily having to disclose or explain the reasons for doing so if the majority of the staff members agree.
We hope that you will all agree that this is a positive change. Any further suggestions can be made in the comments of this post or in an appropriate section of the forums.
Secure all the things v2!
For many years our LoginSecurity module has had a small flaw where passwords from command usage was logged in the server's log files. However, we have recently come up with a fix (surprisingly, not as simple as you'd think), and now passwords are no longer logged!
However, while we do have strict access to who can access the server's logs, we are requiring that everyone who was previously using a password (using
/login) to reset their passwords to ensure that any previously logged passwords are useless.
Just as a reminder, to set your password, run
/register <pass> in game. After that, any log in attempts will require running
/login <pass> in order to play.
If you have any special conditions that requires you to have your old password reinstated, please contact us and we can work out a solution for you.
Thank you for understanding,
- Redstoner Staff Team ❤️
Our devs being active? What is this sorcery‽
- @Aberdeener somehow passed his interview and is now a full mod. 🎉
We finally deployed the Dicord Module and the corresponding Discord Bot!
/discord to get your token, and then type it into
You have until Feb 29, 2019 to link your account, or you lose all of your roles on Discord until you link!
Thank You Donors!
In a 6 to 1 vote, all donors now have color!
Also, this is the new section where we list who donated over the past month.
- Added Survival Module
- Added Majority-Sleep (50%+)
- Added world-specific arrow colors
- Survival has a green(&2) arrow
- Trusted Survival has a blue(&9) arrow
- Everywhere else has the standard grey(&7) arrow that we all know and love
- Allowed Mentios to work in any chat command
- Fixed and deployed Discord Module
- Now possible to change your AFK reason without un-AFKing
- Added (optional) boolean to AFK to ignore player movements
- Updated the Naming Module
- Due to a MC/Spigot bug,
/anvilhas been removed
/lorenow requires 1 level
- Due to a MC/Spigot bug,
- Added to BlockPlaceMods
Repeater- When true, will place the repeater where the output is facing towards you
Comparator- Same as above, but with the comparator instead
- Tons and Tons of Bug Fixes™
Coming soon To Disney DVD
These features didn't make the end of the month, but they should be ready for deploying very soon™.
- Welcome back Friends Module!
- ImBusy also returning!
- Loginsecurity having even better security!
- Changing the cost of
- Will still cost 1 level, however using color/formatting will now require a 2nd level.
- The commands now also cost iron (1 iron ingot per command).
My 2018 resolution is to stop making off by 1 errors
- @Pepich1851 retired from administrator (Thanks for being a major backbone of the server, and paying for it)
- @Yummy_ retired from moderator
- @LogalDeveloper got promoted to Staff Lead
- @Rman promoted to MIT then full Moderator
- @Aberdeener promoted to MIT
After another full year of building and surviving, we're restarting the survival worlds once again, but this time with a world newly generated in 1.13. Have fun in the water!
If however you feel very attached to what you did in 2018, you can download the worlds here (link will be added soon™) and you can continue to play it at home!
The Big 1.13 Update
We have been working quite hard over the past couple of weeks updating (or even rewriting) all of our modules to work in 1.13. And after a whole day of having really messed up plot ownership, it's finally ready! So now that it's out, what's new?
We've made our own mail module! Packed with features, and a better looking GUI too. Instead of trying to list all of the features, here's a video instead:
- Added Silent AFK. Now you can go afk without spamming chat!
- Reformatted the afk area in
/seen. It now shows how long someone has been AFK for, and the reason.
- You can now spawn in minecarts using the
- Allowed minecarts are normal, chest, furnace, hopper, tnt, command, and mob spawners.
- Running that will generate an 8 digit code, which RedstonerBot on the discord will then use to prove you are who you say you are. Gone are the days of telling an online staff member your 4 digits or using a lapis block!
- We made a teleport module to replace essential's.
- Easy handling of more than one request.
- Clickable accepts and denies.
- Ability to block tpa's and/or tpahere's
In order to get the 1.13 update out as soon as possible, we switched our plot plugin from PlotMe to PlotSquared. Some commands handle differently and PlotSquared has different features, so for your convenience the wiki page can be found here.
/retractreport), allowing you to fix that typo, or whatever other reason you'd want to retract it.
- Added Random Aliases, you can now do
/alias add -rnd [-r] <keyword> <replacements>
- To separate the replacements use " | " (including the spaces).
/chatonly, which shows that you can only chat and not interact. (Like, if you were using MineChat)
- We rewrote BlockPlaceMods, and along with it actually working in 1.13, we updated its style to match the rest of the modules.
- Messages for joining from and leaving between our servers (stoner, pvp) now follow our join message format! (Had to write a whole bungee plugin!)
- Added WorldBorder Module. Not much to say here, all it does is replace the plugin
- Both of the Build Team's modules has been removed, because of the now lack of a Build Team.
- The IP section in our
/checkis now more informative, to help lessen the amount of mass-ban evaders!
- Improved errors in the Log module. Now it's easier to search the logs for ban appeals!
- Allowed terminating a log search mid-search.
- Fixed an annoying bug in
/signalstrengthwhere if you did the command again on the same chest, but with a different strength, it wouldn't update the name.
- Fixed bug where if your display name was the same as your username, that name would be in your mentio list twice.
- Important: Maps have been reset! A while ago we hit the limit of maps, we hope by the next time we get to that many maps (years later), the limit will be higher, or there would be a way to increase it.
We'll soon be adding a Skyblock world. This was initially planned for the 1.13 update, but we were already late with the New Year Update, that we decided to wait.
We got some stuff in our pipeline, including, but not limited to, more settings in BPMs, command alias, infinite chests, some improvements to DamnSpam, and slowly replacing all of essentials.
This year, Parcels should finally be coming to production, and all of its lovely features, and Redstoner feel. And we hope by the end of the year to rid our server from essentials.
bring it on 2019
- @Aberdeener - Mod in Training
Update to 1.13
The whole staff team has been working very hard at refining your experience and getting this update out as soon as we can. Our current estimate is next weekend on the 8th. This is subject to change, but we are doing all in our power to make this work.
Here is to our best year yet,
- The Redstoner Staff Team ❤️
@Rman has been promoted to Moderator.
@sToneForesT has been promoted to Moderator in training, so wish her luck on her way to Moderator.
@LogalDeveloper became a lead, and will therefore lead the team with @Nemes and myself.
@Pepich1851 retired from his role as admin. He has put in a lot of work for the server and all I can say is that he will be missed.
Update to 1.13
We have some work to do before we update, but if everything goes as planned, we will have updated by January 1st, 2019. There have been some changes on how directions work in Minecraft and because of that some of our modules needs a lot of work and one module needs to be completely rewritten.
Even if we don't update creative to 1.13 because of some problems, we will update survival and trusted survival to 1.13 on January 1st, 2019, along with a reset of both worlds.
There have not been many changes to the website itself, but @LogalDeveloper and I worked through the info pages and updated them, since some were outdated and some were not relevant anymore. You can go take a look if you want.
New rank: HELPER
A lot of you probably remember this rank from before- we're bringing it back again. These people are here to help you, so if a helper is online, but not any other staff member, you can ask them for help.
This rank is for people that either don't fulfil the age requirement for Moderator or for people that want to try out being staff without so many ways to make mistakes.
- Tempban for a maximum of 1 week
- Read and resolve
- Use staff chat
- Teleport themselves or other players
- Find lag using a few tools
They do not have access to all ingame commands.
More info on ranks here.
The build team have been discontinued for now, since we don't have any use for it at the moment. It might come back at a later date.
We are also discussing some other plans to make the server better, for both new and old players.
This is a notice to all players that on Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 we will be having major maintenance of our server.
We will be performing what is essentially a factory reset. The simple explanation of what we will be doing is as follows: export all Redstoner data, reinstall the operating system, then install everything back.
Just note that this is only a factory reset of the server hardware.
We hope The Minecraft worlds and website data will be unaffected. TeamSpeak, however, will be reset to clean up the mess that it is.
On that Wednesday, all of our services will be unavailable. A temporary Minecraft server will be set up for everyone to use to make the time pass faster. The address of that will be announced at a later date. We plan to have at least our website and main Minecraft server back up on the same day.
Are we switching to seasonal recaps? No
- @Rman has just started his training as mod. Wish him
badgood luck on his path to full moditude.
New Redstoner Emails
We now have emails based on the main redstoner.com domain. Here they are:
- staff member ign AT redstoner.com - Can be used to contact a staff member directly.
- contact AT redstoner.com - Sends an email to the entire staff team.
- no-reply AT redstoner.com - Used for notification emails. Don’t reply, as the replies don’t go to anyone.
- appeal AT redstoner.com - If you want to make an appeal, but don‘t have a forums account, this is the way to go.
Please use these responsibly, or there may be consequences.
Website Two Factor Authentication
If you've logged in to the site recently, you may have noticed a new TOTP code field. You can now set up 2FA on your website account, which requires entering a unique code from your phone as an extra security step when logging in. All staff members are required to have this feature enabled.
This recap is on time. April Fools!
- @Yummy_ retired. We wish him the best of luck and hope to see him again every once in a while.
Redstoner's Lustrum Anniversary
On March 29th, Redstoner turned 5! While not much happened, we did change our spawn to a giant cake fest:
We're Synergy now, or we were on the first; in a collaboration with Synergy we switched servers: