My 2018 resolution is to stop making off by 1 errors
- @Pepich1851 retired from administrator (Thanks for being a major backbone of the server, and paying for it)
- @Yummy_ retired from moderator
- @LogalDeveloper got promoted to Staff Lead
- @Rman promoted to MIT then full Moderator
- @Aberdeener promoted to MIT
After another full year of building and surviving, we're restarting the survival worlds once again, but this time with a world newly generated in 1.13. Have fun in the water!
If however you feel very attached to what you did in 2018, you can download the worlds here (link will be added soon™) and you can continue to play it at home!
The Big 1.13 Update
We have been working quite hard over the past couple of weeks updating (or even rewriting) all of our modules to work in 1.13. And after a whole day of having really messed up plot ownership, it's finally ready! So now that it's out, what's new?
We've made our own mail module! Packed with features, and a better looking GUI too. Instead of trying to list all of the features, here's a video instead:
- Added Silent AFK. Now you can go afk without spamming chat!
- Reformatted the afk area in
/seen. It now shows how long someone has been AFK for, and the reason.
- You can now spawn in minecarts using the
- Allowed minecarts are normal, chest, furnace, hopper, tnt, command, and mob spawners.
- Running that will generate an 8 digit code, which RedstonerBot on the discord will then use to prove you are who you say you are. Gone are the days of telling an online staff member your 4 digits or using a lapis block!
- We made a teleport module to replace essential's.
- Easy handling of more than one request.
- Clickable accepts and denies.
- Ability to block tpa's and/or tpahere's
In order to get the 1.13 update out as soon as possible, we switched our plot plugin from PlotMe to PlotSquared. Some commands handle differently and PlotSquared has different features, so for your convenience the wiki page can be found here.
/retractreport), allowing you to fix that typo, or whatever other reason you'd want to retract it.
- Added Random Aliases, you can now do
/alias add -rnd [-r] <keyword> <replacements>
- To separate the replacements use " | " (including the spaces).
/chatonly, which shows that you can only chat and not interact. (Like, if you were using MineChat)
- We rewrote BlockPlaceMods, and along with it actually working in 1.13, we updated its style to match the rest of the modules.
- Messages for joining from and leaving between our servers (stoner, pvp) now follow our join message format! (Had to write a whole bungee plugin!)
- Added WorldBorder Module. Not much to say here, all it does is replace the plugin
- Both of the Build Team's modules has been removed, because of the now lack of a Build Team.
- The IP section in our
/checkis now more informative, to help lessen the amount of mass-ban evaders!
- Improved errors in the Log module. Now it's easier to search the logs for ban appeals!
- Allowed terminating a log search mid-search.
- Fixed an annoying bug in
/signalstrengthwhere if you did the command again on the same chest, but with a different strength, it wouldn't update the name.
- Fixed bug where if your display name was the same as your username, that name would be in your mentio list twice.
- Important: Maps have been reset! A while ago we hit the limit of maps, we hope by the next time we get to that many maps (years later), the limit will be higher, or there would be a way to increase it.
We'll soon be adding a Skyblock world. This was initially planned for the 1.13 update, but we were already late with the New Year Update, that we decided to wait.
We got some stuff in our pipeline, including, but not limited to, more settings in BPMs, command alias, infinite chests, some improvements to DamnSpam, and slowly replacing all of essentials.
This year, Parcels should finally be coming to production, and all of its lovely features, and Redstoner feel. And we hope by the end of the year to rid our server from essentials.
bring it on 2019
- @Aberdeener - Mod in Training
Update to 1.13
The whole staff team has been working very hard at refining your experience and getting this update out as soon as we can. Our current estimate is next weekend on the 8th. This is subject to change, but we are doing all in our power to make this work.
Here is to our best year yet,
- The Redstoner Staff Team ❤️
@Rman has been promoted to Moderator.
@sToneForesT has been promoted to Moderator in training, so wish her luck on her way to Moderator.
@LogalDeveloper became a lead, and will therefore lead the team with @Nemes and myself.
@Pepich1851 retired from his role as admin. He has put in a lot of work for the server and all I can say is that he will be missed.
Update to 1.13
We have some work to do before we update, but if everything goes as planned, we will have updated by January 1st, 2019. There have been some changes on how directions work in Minecraft and because of that some of our modules needs a lot of work and one module needs to be completely rewritten.
Even if we don't update creative to 1.13 because of some problems, we will update survival and trusted survival to 1.13 on January 1st, 2019, along with a reset of both worlds.
There have not been many changes to the website itself, but @LogalDeveloper and I worked through the info pages and updated them, since some were outdated and some were not relevant anymore. You can go take a look if you want.
New rank: HELPER
A lot of you probably remember this rank from before- we're bringing it back again. These people are here to help you, so if a helper is online, but not any other staff member, you can ask them for help.
This rank is for people that either don't fulfil the age requirement for Moderator or for people that want to try out being staff without so many ways to make mistakes.
- Tempban for a maximum of 1 week
- Read and resolve
- Use staff chat
- Teleport themselves or other players
- Find lag using a few tools
They do not have access to all ingame commands.
More info on ranks here.
The build team have been discontinued for now, since we don't have any use for it at the moment. It might come back at a later date.
We are also discussing some other plans to make the server better, for both new and old players.
This is a notice to all players that on Wednesday, July 25th, 2018 we will be having major maintenance of our server.
We will be performing what is essentially a factory reset. The simple explanation of what we will be doing is as follows: export all Redstoner data, reinstall the operating system, then install everything back.
Just note that this is only a factory reset of the server hardware.
We hope The Minecraft worlds and website data will be unaffected. TeamSpeak, however, will be reset to clean up the mess that it is.
On that Wednesday, all of our services will be unavailable. A temporary Minecraft server will be set up for everyone to use to make the time pass faster. The address of that will be announced at a later date. We plan to have at least our website and main Minecraft server back up on the same day.
Are we switching to seasonal recaps? No
- @Rman has just started his training as mod. Wish him
badgood luck on his path to full moditude.
New Redstoner Emails
We now have emails based on the main redstoner.com domain. Here they are:
- staff member ign AT redstoner.com - Can be used to contact a staff member directly.
- contact AT redstoner.com - Sends an email to the entire staff team.
- no-reply AT redstoner.com - Used for notification emails. Don’t reply, as the replies don’t go to anyone.
- appeal AT redstoner.com - If you want to make an appeal, but don‘t have a forums account, this is the way to go.
Please use these responsibly, or there may be consequences.
Website Two Factor Authentication
If you've logged in to the site recently, you may have noticed a new TOTP code field. You can now set up 2FA on your website account, which requires entering a unique code from your phone as an extra security step when logging in. All staff members are required to have this feature enabled.
This recap is on time. April Fools!
- @Yummy_ retired. We wish him the best of luck and hope to see him again every once in a while.
Redstoner's Lustrum Anniversary
On March 29th, Redstoner turned 5! While not much happened, we did change our spawn to a giant cake fest:
We're Synergy now, or we were on the first; in a collaboration with Synergy we switched servers:
(x-post from @BrubriRedstone's thread)
We are looking for people that are really good in building to be part of the Redstoner BuildTeam. We are planning to do something very special for Redstoner's 5th anniversary and we have very limited time for it, so we need your building skills to do it.
At the moment, we're only accepting builders applications. However, if you are a redstoner, don't worry! There will soon™ be BuildTeam applications for redstoners too!
These are the requirements:
- You are builder rank or higher.
- You have good building skills.
- You have some time to spend into this project, that has to be finished in under 5 days
- (Nice to have): being available on Slack.
If you are thinking you have these requirements, and want to apply, then reply to this thread. You have to include these in your reply:
- Full Minecraft username.
- How much time you can spend into this project, and into other stuff in general.
- Some screenshots that show your creations (as I personally don't have much time in my hands to join the server). You have to include at least five screenshots.
If you are going to be accepted into the team, you'll be contacted by @BrubriRedstone or a staff member, and you will be shown what the secret project™ is.
Thanks for your applications, this thread is closed, a more official one will open shortly.
On Wednesday or Thursday we rolled out BigPlots. A plot world that's made up of 311x plots, which is over 3 times the width and 9 times the area of normal plots! These plots are limited to Builders and above.
There are two temporary rules that will be in effect until
March 29 @ 17:54:47 UTC
- When you claim a plot you have to use the plot for something within the first 48h. If you fail to do anything, your plot will most likely be reset.
- Trusted may only have 1 BigPlot. This will most likely be changed back to 2 after this date.
Due to these rules being made today, but BigPlots being made public yesterday, the 48h time window started at midnight UTC for any plots claimed before now.
Also remember, if you have a valid reason to get another plot, normal or big, regardless of your rank, you can ask for another one. However make sure it is a valid reason.
This is only the beginning.
Side Note: The Ignore Module and it's companion The Chat Module will most likely be running on production by Sunday/Monday. For info on what these modules do, check out the module wiki.
Can February March? No, but April May
We operate a Tor relay now. Not much to say about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We get a trivial amount of questions regarding Redstoner branded merch: keychains, shirts, etc. While we don't have anything set up as of now, let us know what you think about it and if you have any suggestions.
Talks of a (Trusted) UHC have been stirring "recently". If you've missed the thread, read it here. If you want to participate and you haven't signed up yet, even if you're not Trusted+, then you can do so here.
Villagers are now fixed in the survival worlds; they can spawn in newly generated villages, and should also be able to breed.
We've improved the Modules Wiki to be up to date and contain a few new things that are soon to be released.
Here are some notable changes:
- Logs: A module that allows staff to search logs ingame. Doesn't affect most players.
- Ignore: Allows players to actually ignore players almost everywhere, instead of just normal chat messages. While not out yet, it will be out within the next week, and the majority of the code was written a month ago.
- List: Fixed formating for Console line.
This month, I'll definitely be more active on adding some feature requests. However, if you wish to help, but don't know how to use or setup the ModuleLoader, ChatAPI, and ChestAPI, then I can help you along with the wiki.
A couple of website updates have been pushed out featuring a couple new features and miscellaneous bug fixes. Here are some notable changes:
- The website now runs Ruby 2.3.0.
- All gems the website uses are completely up to date now.
- Subforums now have atom feeds. Simply append a
.atomto the URL of the subforum and you will be presented with a feed you can subscribe to.
- IP addresses on users' profile pages now show the reverse address.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
After a year of building and creating, we have reset the survival and trusted survival worlds. Now, before you start freaking out, we saved the old worlds here in case you get nostalgic or whatever.
Trusted rank is a pretty exciting thing - it means that the staff absolutely trusts someone with powerful commands and access. Because of this, we'd like to once again recognize everyone who has earned that rank this year.
All trusted promotions in 2017:
- @minenash became a developer
- @HackerAttacker retired to join the USAF, and @Futsy took his place
- @Redempt retired from moderator
- @jomo retired from administrator
somehowbecame an administrator and web developer
Disclaimer: This might be edited later, so check in on it later if you want :P