This recap is on time. April Fools!
- @Yummy_ retired. We wish him the best of luck and hope to see him again every once in a while.
Redstoner's Lustrum Anniversary
On March 29th, Redstoner turned 5! While not much happened, we did change our spawn to a giant cake fest:
We're Synergy now, or we were on the first; in a collaboration with Synergy we switched servers:
(x-post from @BrubriRedstone's thread)
We are looking for people that are really good in building to be part of the Redstoner BuildTeam. We are planning to do something very special for Redstoner's 5th anniversary and we have very limited time for it, so we need your building skills to do it.
At the moment, we're only accepting builders applications. However, if you are a redstoner, don't worry! There will soon™ be BuildTeam applications for redstoners too!
These are the requirements:
- You are builder rank or higher.
- You have good building skills.
- You have some time to spend into this project, that has to be finished in under 5 days
- (Nice to have): being available on Slack.
If you are thinking you have these requirements, and want to apply, then reply to this thread. You have to include these in your reply:
- Full Minecraft username.
- How much time you can spend into this project, and into other stuff in general.
- Some screenshots that show your creations (as I personally don't have much time in my hands to join the server). You have to include at least five screenshots.
If you are going to be accepted into the team, you'll be contacted by @BrubriRedstone or a staff member, and you will be shown what the secret project™ is.
Thanks for your applications, this thread is closed, a more official one will open shortly.
On Wednesday or Thursday we rolled out BigPlots. A plot world that's made up of 311x plots, which is over 3 times the width and 9 times the area of normal plots! These plots are limited to Builders and above.
There are two temporary rules that will be in effect until
March 29 @ 17:54:47 UTC
- When you claim a plot you have to use the plot for something within the first 48h. If you fail to do anything, your plot will most likely be reset.
- Trusted may only have 1 BigPlot. This will most likely be changed back to 2 after this date.
Due to these rules being made today, but BigPlots being made public yesterday, the 48h time window started at midnight UTC for any plots claimed before now.
Also remember, if you have a valid reason to get another plot, normal or big, regardless of your rank, you can ask for another one. However make sure it is a valid reason.
This is only the beginning.
Side Note: The Ignore Module and it's companion The Chat Module will most likely be running on production by Sunday/Monday. For info on what these modules do, check out the module wiki.
Can February March? No, but April May
We operate a Tor relay now. Not much to say about it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We get a trivial amount of questions regarding Redstoner branded merch: keychains, shirts, etc. While we don't have anything set up as of now, let us know what you think about it and if you have any suggestions.
Talks of a (Trusted) UHC have been stirring "recently". If you've missed the thread, read it here. If you want to participate and you haven't signed up yet, even if you're not Trusted+, then you can do so here.
Villagers are now fixed in the survival worlds; they can spawn in newly generated villages, and should also be able to breed.
We've improved the Modules Wiki to be up to date and contain a few new things that are soon to be released.
Here are some notable changes:
- Logs: A module that allows staff to search logs ingame. Doesn't affect most players.
- Ignore: Allows players to actually ignore players almost everywhere, instead of just normal chat messages. While not out yet, it will be out within the next week, and the majority of the code was written a month ago.
- List: Fixed formating for Console line.
This month, I'll definitely be more active on adding some feature requests. However, if you wish to help, but don't know how to use or setup the ModuleLoader, ChatAPI, and ChestAPI, then I can help you along with the wiki.
A couple of website updates have been pushed out featuring a couple new features and miscellaneous bug fixes. Here are some notable changes:
- The website now runs Ruby 2.3.0.
- All gems the website uses are completely up to date now.
- Subforums now have atom feeds. Simply append a
.atomto the URL of the subforum and you will be presented with a feed you can subscribe to.
- IP addresses on users' profile pages now show the reverse address.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
After a year of building and creating, we have reset the survival and trusted survival worlds. Now, before you start freaking out, we saved the old worlds here in case you get nostalgic or whatever.
Trusted rank is a pretty exciting thing - it means that the staff absolutely trusts someone with powerful commands and access. Because of this, we'd like to once again recognize everyone who has earned that rank this year.
All trusted promotions in 2017:
- @minenash became a developer
- @HackerAttacker retired to join the USAF, and @Futsy took his place
- @Redempt retired from moderator
- @jomo retired from administrator
somehowbecame an administrator and web developer
Disclaimer: This might be edited later, so check in on it later if you want :P
New year, new small text
This is an announcement that we will be resetting both survival worlds on Janurary 1st, 2018. On the same day, we will be making those worlds available for download.
Also, starting on that day, we will be resetting both survival worlds every year on Janurary 1st. This will be done to hopefully make the worlds more enjoyable because there will be a clean slate to start with every once in a while.
Halloween = Christmas; 31 OCT = 25 DEC
@Dico200 has returned to his previous roles of admin and developer. Welcome back!
@LogalDeveloper is now (officially) a web dev :D
@Sckrob has sadly retired due to personal reasons. She may return to the team in the future.
Spawn Fix and Update
It was brought to our attention recently that crops in spawn could be trampled- this has now been fixed.
We have also changed our main spawn to its Christmas version! Here are some screenshots, courtesy of Logal:
I thought you were posting this PJ.
Amuck, amuck, amuck!
@LogalDeveloper's SSH keys were accidentally uploaded to the production server, so I guess he's admin now.
@Minhplays was too busy protecting the US, so he has been demoted to allow him to protect full time.
@Yummy_ has been allowed back onto the staff team on the condition that he disposes of his Shrek shrine.
- No one. D:
The website was updated again! All the information about the update can be found in this blog post.
End portals have been entirely disabled in the creative world, but nether portals have been kept enabled. However, nether portals will no longer be glitchy as heck when you enter one. Now you can make nether portal doors without the fear of getting stuck in a portal! However, if you come across an end portal that was created before this fix, please let a staff member know so we can remove it.
Spawn has been spoopified for the spoopy holiday that we all know and love, Spoopoween.
Check it out today with
/spawn! However, be quick, because the spoop will disappear sometime in November!
Big thanks to @PyjamaL1ama, @Pepich1851, @cobra063, and @Doomblah for spoopifying the spawn.
Our christmas spawn from 2014 is now available for download! It contains many memes and a lot of nostalgia for our older players. Grab a copy here!
Oh great, another one.
This update is definitely not as interesting or as big as Yummy's update from a while ago, however this update is mainly intended on fixing a bunch of bugs on the site. Here's a list of everything fixed:
- The donators link on the donation page now includes users with the donorplus badge.
- The staff link in emails no longer points to an invalid role.
- The Who's Playing page will no longer return an internal server error if the Minecraft server is offline.
- The donation page now shows PotatoKek as the server sponsor instead of the anonymous person.
- Email notifications will no longer be sent to people who used to have access to restricted subforums.
Even though this update was primarily focused on fixing bugs, here is a list of some things that were changed:
- We removed the privacy setting for showing your Skype to staff only on your profile. You either have no Skype on your profile, or it is public. To be safe, everyone's Skype has been removed from their profile, but if you are okay with your Skype being public, then feel free to add it back.
- There is now a Mastodon social link on the footer of the site, and also a link to the Tor Onion Service version of the site for convenience.
- Encrypted emails are here! If you regularly use PGP/GPG with your email, then head over to your notification settings on your account and add your public key. This will make all notification emails from the forums encrypted.
That's about it for this update. If you find any bugs, please report them in our Website problems & bugs subforum, and if you find any dangerous or exploitable bugs, then please report them in our Exploitable bugs subforum. Also, huge thanks to @jomo for helping me out with deploying this update and patching mail-gpg when it magically didn't work.
Of course the database migrations didn't run. Why should they?
Minecarts, minecarts everywhere
- @Redempt and @Yummy_ have retired from their moderator positions.
- @jomo has retired from his administrator position, but will continue to renew our redstoner.com domain and be there to help if something really goes wrong.
So I was a LogalDerp™ and accidentally deleted all entities in an 8 chunks radius in all worlds. We pulled out a backup and replaced the survival worlds so there should be no difference, but while we did this we also cleaned up the extra useless worlds we had, like
worldgen. Now we have all teh gigawamz available for other stuff like memory leaks.
We updated the server to Minecraft 1.12.1, so no more of that pesky duplication bug. With this update also came ModuleLoader v4.0, which came with many bugs and a couple of fixes. It also added clicky chat, or to better explain it, some plugins have shortcuts where you can click text in chat and it will do an action. An example of this is using
/lol search to find a lol, then clicking on the lol you want which will run
/lol id for you.