Minecraft server

Off topicOther → Minecraft server

how create minecraft server on linux mint??

I think if you go to the official minecraft website, there is a download to a server plugin. (i think) If you want a good server then i think that you have to pay monthly.

But this is only what i have read from other forums.

Try this link: https://minecraft.net/download

read the paragraph at the bottom. that should get you started

I don’t know about Mint, but I am running one off CentOS for a small network of computers which I set up in less than 2 hours :)

Does this help at all? It is for a different version but they are usually pretty similar for Linux: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-minecraft-server-on-linux

Or you can pay a server hosting company to do it all for you, but I consider that a last resort.
Is that working out for you?
Oooh I’ll have to have a look at that. Thanks @jomo :)

Because I need tutorials a lot for different things :P

(I know the above link was DigitalOcean but that was literally one tutorial)

==so how i create minecraftb on linux???==

Alright…

1. Download the minecraft .jar file from minecraft.net/download
  2. Run java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar <minecraft jar name>.jar in the terminal
  3. That sets the files. Then edit “eula.txt” and change “eula=false” to “eula=true”
  4. Edit server.properties as much as you want; you can change the IP & port of the server to a valid, not-taken IP address. Just edit “server-ip” and “server-port”.
  5. If you want a custom seed, follow step 5a If you’re fine with it, skip to step 6. 5a) Set your seed in “level-seed” in server.properties, then run rm -rf world in the terminal
  6. See step 2. Run that command again and it should be up & running!
I probably forgot a bunch of things, but that’s pretty much the basics
What do you mean :P

minecraftb he is asking about ftb, and tbh matan it couldn’t be any simpler lol they give you a full server download and .sh file to run it with