Joel_GI Helper Appeal and Apology

RedstonerAppeals → Joel_GI Helper Appeal and Apology

CLOSED

Staff that I have affected: @Armadillo28 @Ionwolfhelm @lmaobear @Dico200 @PanFritz

I would first like to start out by apologizing to all the staff that I have cursed at many times. I also want to apologize for griefing @Armadillo28 ’s 3x3 door.

Next, I would like to address the fact that I @Joel_GI was not mature in the way I handled my actions in anyway at all. I should have walked away from the situation instead of being an instigator. I too agree that my actions were uncalled for and very immature.

One thing that caused my actions to occur is because my day so far was really not going good and @Armadillo28 and his little remarks didn’t make it any better. Like anyone here knows, shit happens and there’s really nothing you can do about it. I was really just not having a good day and I shouldn’t have taken anything @Armadillo28 said seriously so it would not have affected me and caused me to do the actions that I preformed.

Furthermore I would like to bring up the fact that even though @Ionwolfhelm did attempt to calm me down I believe @Armadillo28 banned me for 24 hours. I then proceeded to go on TeamSpeak where @Ionwolfhelm talked to me about my actions and said that “I will reduce your ban to only 1 hour and give you a second change.” I do want to say that I was not given a “second chance”…at all. Nothing to explain really my side of the story or how I felt what on the actions that I presented. I do believe it is unfair that the story was not gotten from my side completely at the time because I was still a bit upset.

I believe I should be given a second chance to prove how I really am. Both @PanFritz and @Ionwolfhelm know that I don’t act like this on a day to day basis, like I said I was just having a really shitty day. So far, I think I was doing a pretty damn good job as a helper. And 3/19/15 was just not my day.

Like I have said in my Helper application I have plenty of experience working as an active staff member on any server and I would continue to do so on this server.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. (I hope you did read this) And also, thanks for giving me helper in the first place. I wish this server the best of luck in the future of the server, the staff, and the players. Lastly, thank you for the opportunity to serve on this server.

I am sorry for those that I let down,

-Joel

Not gonna pretend i didn’t do anything, as even James pointed out i was only making it worse

I believe @Armadillo28 banned me for 24 hours

Definitely wasn’t me.

I then proceeded to go on TeamSpeak where @Ionwolfhelm talked to me about my actions… I do want to say that I was not given a “second chance”

maybe the fact that you channel hopped for a full minute before agreeing to stay in the same channel as ion might have made a difference, can’t answer for him though

I was just having a really shitty day

everyone knows what you mean with this, it can’t be everyone’s day everyday, if only that were how it worked. if you were having a bad day i would have been particularly annoying during the argument, so i apologise for it starting in the first place

When I was banned. I got this message: “Banned for 24 hours. Ban Reason: Griefing my plot..” and something else I don’t quite remember but the words “my” imply that it was @Armadillo28 but if it was not you then who exactly was it?

Reason for channel hopping: I honestly didn’t want to talk to anyone at the moment because I was trying to calm down. Then @Ionwolfhelm personal messaged me and asked if I would listen to him.

Of course everyone knows what I mean. Everybody has shitty days and you should forgive for what may have happened to you or anyone else on that day.

I can confirm it was me who issued the tempban 1d and then reduced it to 1h after making it clear to you that if you came back on and were still angry it wouldn’t be good.

I’m glad you have taken responsibility for your actions and I am sure we all can relate to having a bad day.

I will keep this thread open for a while and then discuss again with senior staff.

Please only post if you have something constructive to add on this subject or extra information you feel is relevant. I don’t want this to turn into a trial or popularity contest.

@Ionwolfhelm I can confirm that this is no popularity contest more or less a trial. This is just simply me apologizing.
Just to clarify, I think I put a few reasons on the initial tempban…obviously a lot had happened and theres only so much room in the reasons box and at the time my first concern was to remove you from a volatile situation. So to be clear to everyone, I don’t consider Joel to be a griefer in any respects, it was probably a poor choice of words on my behalf and had no bearing in the decision to demote. As far as I am concerned Joel did nothing that would cause us to remove his trusted rank.

@Dico200 @PanFritz @Ionwolfhelm

Sorry for letting you guys down. I don’t want to talk much about it anymore I get it. You don’t want me as staff and that’s perfectly fine. No more discussions. I just want to let you know that my activity on the server will greatly decline to once or twice a month.

Thanks for forgiveness,

Joel

I appreciate your apology and we can all relate to having a bad day or making mistakes. However the extent of your actions caused a major disruption to both the players that witnessed it and the staff team in general when dealing with the fallout. You failed to listen to multiple pleas to stop arguing or to take it out of public chat and ultimately ignored my direct instructions when I logged onto the server and the argument was still going in staff chat. We later examined the chat logs in detail and while the blame for this incident doesn’t lie solely at your feet, it was clear from these that you lost control and made several extremely poor decisions over the course of the incident. These included but weren’t limited to: disrespecting fellow staff memebrs, attempting to enforce rules incorrectly ,arguing with other staff members in general chat, continuing to argue with staff in staff chat and ignoring instructions and warnings from a more senior staff member. Because of the severity of this incident I won’t be reversing the decision to demote you.

@Ionwolfhelm

In my defense and you may check the logs for this I did take it out of public chat and put in AC.

“Attempting to enforce rules incorrectly” - Now I know what I saw. That door was inappropriate and in the rules; Rule 11: Do not create inappropriate builds (don’t build giant dicks, or other such things) This door was of such conduct as that.

Also, I was not warned at all. I was told. Never warned. That such actions by senior staff would be taken. If I was this little argument fest would be immediately over.

@gamepatrol502 What the literal f*** is wrong with you? Stop necroposting!
This thread is locked.