Kits but better

RedstonerFeature requests → Kits but better

My idea is to have personalized kits for each player. If they want to redstone, then /kit Whatever to get a kit of the inventory they want, if they are building something ~/kit Building~ and bam! they have whatever blocks they need for it.

I think this would be an excellent idea, because I (and others too) find that inventory management is kind of a problem, with redstoning, and building, pvping maybe, and sometimes just wanting an empty inventory. /cycle is one tool for this, but i think this could add lots more.

I had the idea like, as a new plugin. You set up your inventory how you want it then do /kitsave Name or something. it saves it, then you can later do /kit Name and bam, get it back.

I like that, as long as there is a way to delete kits you have made previously too. :)
sniff i smell the abuse of this in survival.
We could just disable the command /kit in survival, not a big problem.
Something like that player could make a /kit for him own, other’s could somehow access his /kit to see what he has, but if you write /kit you see only your made kits. Idk, something like that.
I think it could work
Awesome idea! I would love this! Also would be unique that any other plot me server!!!
As both a builder and a redstoner this idea is really a good one :D

Nice idea, easy to implement. I think instead of using a /kit command which gives you items I’d just add something like /storeinv and /loadinv and /editinv and /listinv which would:

1. Storeinv stores your current inventory under the given name. Empty inventory will delete the entry.
  2. Loadinv load the inventiry with the given name as your current inventiorie.
  3. Editinv loads the inventorie with the given name into a chest so you can edit it without doing /loadinv and /saveinv
  4. Listinv will list all the inventorie entrys created by you.

Possible but not sure about as I want feedback on this first:

/cloneinv a shared inventorie into your inv list under the given name. The id will be recieved when you /shareinv . /shareinv will share an inventorie to the ounlic and return an is that will be used to get it. /tochest will give you a chest with NBT data containing the exact inventorie allowing you to give others access to it. NOTE: As it’s not a normal chest it won’t be able to be modified, it will have five rows of items to get the hotbar and add a navigation list to clone it and browse through stuff and it won’t drop stuff when you break it.

That’s just my ideas pretty much, the last few could be used to either share your inventories and items with friends easily or for staff to create some sample inventories, put them up at spawn for ppl to clone and offer them an easy way to get some basic sample inventories ;)

Will wait for feedback from staff and for feedback about the ideas I added, elsewise +1 from me.

Greetings

Pepich

Sounds good @Pepich1851! I’d suggest having one command with each of those being a child/sub command of /inv so you get /inv store etc. I was gonna say that /kit should include your inventory for compatibility with cycle but I guess that’s included in your idea ^^
-1 I know very late, in 1.12 you can save inventorys.
+1, saving inventories in 1.12 us kinda annoying imo