Knock lock (with arduino uno) atmega 328

Off topicElectronics → Knock lock (with arduino uno) atmega 328

SHOWCASE

Knock lock with atmega 168 microcontroller with a hardware WDT. Built in ICSP port and serial programming ports if bootloader is left on the chip. Low pass filter for avcc and aref voltages as it uses software to determine a knock.

I thought the electronics forum was a wee bit empty so eh why not… I might post a more detailed post on the lab powersupply too. Code will be posted once its fully finished (it works, i just wanna clean it up) and possibly a assembled picture aswell once its built. Will be making the pcb shortly :)

EDIT: i forgot to mention what it does… It allows you to program in a knock sequence or rythm with the push of a button, then it operates a lock or a solenoid of some kind that unlocks/hatches when you knock the rythm again. There is a little piezo element that gets hooked up to it so you can use it as a door lock or whatever you may want.

img img img

I pretty much just finished soldering it and debugging it… Took me half an hour to realize i forgot to set flags for the mcu to use its internal oscillator :S

Anyway its working now, but its not peting the watch dog timer correctly but thats a quick fix, i’ll need to rewrite the delay function which should be simple so it still pets the wdt :)

After i cleanup the functions a bit, and clean up the variables to make it more efficient i’ll release the code :)