Builders access to tr world [Only trusted votes count]

RedstonerCommunity vote → Builders access to tr world [Only trusted votes count]

SOLVED

So there has been a bit of annoyance from this change, and I saw people asking for a vote, so here it is!

If you think builders should be able to see tr world, Vote “Yes” If not, vote “no” If you want to provide a reason to your vote, feel free :D

I vote no.

No. Trusted world, is for Trusted people. I don’t use it myself for secrecy but I hear a lot of people do.

No.

Trusted world, is for Trusted people.

Evan took the words from my mouth. When I want to build something secret, I do it in the trusted world. This change takes away the privacy that the Trusted world first had. A privacy that should be restored in my opinion.

Sidenote: Maybe make it so only Trusted+ can vote here?

Yes.

I don’t understand how trusted world is a secret place, and as previously stated by @PanFritz one can just teleport a few million blocks away and no one but staff can get to you. I use trusted world for projects that do not fit in my plot, and it would be great to be able to share those projects with others. Nemes is currently building a CPU in two of his plots instead of building it in trusted world to let people see it. I don’t know how Nemes feels about this, but I would feel very limited with such space.

I’m sorry builders, but no.
We have decided that only the votes of trusted players count, but if you’re not trusted feel free to post an opinion, it just wont count.
i think builders should be able to join trusted but maybe only if they have an invite? i don’t really use the trusted world much so yeah

I feel the exact same as @lmaobear, yes for builders in trusted world.

And just a little thing I said about the CPU “I wouldn’t be able to do it if the plots were 100x100 instead of 101x101”

I really agree with @Armadillo28 , it was really great to see in there with @BlockyNinja though.

I know it doesn’t count but I would like to leave my opinion

No! Trusted world, is for Trusted people.
A definite no from me.
No, or only in spectator mode to see the world
Just to clarify, if you vote yes it would be for access in spectator mode only.
Yes i think builder should be able to look around but not interact with anything
Yes. Voting no beacause of your personal agenda about “secrecy” is a very stupid reason to vote. its not a world to be meant as a secretive thing and beacuse you don’t want someone seeing your mlg pro door denying people of permissions to view other peoples things is very arrogant. Want secret? go play singleplayer… Trusted is not secret at all atm anyway we have alot of trusted members and they all have trusted access.
I say no it is the trusted world so trusted only
I really like the idea of invites. I think I might implement that even if I might have to fiddle around with the permissions system.
@PanFritz it isn’t so much about secrecy for me, but privacy. Some builders can be jerks.
@Dico200 I saw you testing today, but, if you would use a permission system, how would that work? Does it mean that, if I ask a trusted if I can get quickly in there? And that will be in spectator I think.
well about the secrecy thing, people tend to travel thousands of blocks away from spawn to build. its not exactly easy to find

Well, I still think the invite idea is a good one, however I can’t 100% imagine it.

I am trusted now, thank you all! :P

@CookieRedstone gz! Shame I couldn’t be there at the time. :P
Yes please, I would like to see it! :)
I like the idea of temporary access + invite, it would make it seem a bit more like trusted world. +1 for that
I agree, Barry. Anyways I think trusteds could make use of more privilegies, because now they dont really have much things to do, that would be cool, I think.
No. The Trusted World was designed for Trusted players. It ruins the meaning “Trusted” if other ranks lower than Trusted have access to it.
Its not really a trusted world, its a flat world where people can build anywhere. but because people as a whole aren’t trustworthy we only allow trusted ranks into it. I see no reason to keep builders out of the trusted world, they aren’t going to be able to build, they will be in game mode 3 the whole time.

@Skrileton and I are gonna get along well here aren’t we?

He snatched the words out of my mouth yet again.

:P

Maybe if we could have invites into the trusted world, like barry said, but only for like, 5 hours. Then the builder has to gain another invite to be in the trusted world. Or we could, make all the trusteds invite them and remember to kick them from the world. Like what @Dico200 did, like a couple of days before i got trusted.

Until then, No.

I think that a voting system would be good, but they should only gain acces for 30 mins, otherwise they could be in trusted, without a trusted poeple looking at what they are doing.
I have removed the access permission from builder rank a couple of days ago to let this thread decide what we do.

What I was thinking is that a trusted player could invite builders to the trusted world, the builder will then have permissions to join (in some gamemode, I think we could do creative here), untill the trusted player decides that it has been enough or the trusted player quits. But I personally don’t actually like this idea as this could be abused by trusted players a little bit, some builders won’t get a chance to see the trusted world and some will, and some builders will not ever leave the trusted world as they are collaborating with the other player all the time. If builders join in spectator mode, I don’t think there’s much reason for them to be there other than to see something, and they won’t be able to interact with ANYTHING at all, not even levers or buttons. If they have creative mode, the trusted world isn’t as secure and you won’t be as sure that you won’t be griefed.

This is a little bit of a dilemma and maybe we should just forget about this feature, or we choose to use something like creative mode with only lever/button access.

DEFINITELY NO CREATIVE
Creative mode? You maymay as we just give everyone general access to trusted world. I vote no to that.
Wtf is there a diffrence between creative and spectator ? they can’t build shit or flick levers… i don’t see a diffrence
Either way, it really does defeat the purpose of “Trusted” if lower ranks can access the world.
Not at all, only trusted people can acctualy use the world, thus making it just as safe to build there as it is now with no restrictions. When thinking about this you have to think un objectively and not what just possibly suits your feelings / needs taking into consideration what the trusted world is / was meant for upon creation wich was a restriction free area to build with no protection for people that are trusted by the staff team. Allowing people under the rank to see the world doesn’t compromise any of those. And as far as “secrecy” goes you can either go really far out where noone will find you, or kindly click disconnect and go to single player.
@pigman239 i see you replied “pan your wrong” and deleted your reply, care to elaborate how i am wrong im interested.

My opinion is simple. If you want builders to have permissions to trusted world then you HAVE TO elevate trusted rank permissions because trusted will lose the purpose of being trusted.

About invitations - trusteds could invite builders with either CREATIVE to help build something or SPECTATOR mode to showcase something with a time limit (after time limit ends player gets teleported to creative world/spawn).

Invitation (Permission to be in Trusted World) could be removed/cancelled manually by any trusted player (or only invitator) or/and it would “expire” after some time maybe 15 minutes if time limit is not specified.

i fail to see HOW THE FUCK DO THEY LOSE THEIR PURPOSE WHEN THEY ARE THE ONLY RANK THAT CAN ACCTUALY USE TRUSTED WORLD (facepalm)

All i see here are a bunch of self righteous assholes not wanting something good for someone else because they wouldn’t be “as” special anymore as they were before, selfishness on a whole new level people. Jizzus fucking christ these arguments hurt my sanity i honestly wanna go on a bitch slapping rampage.

Just remove trusted rank in that case as it has no purpose then. Everyone will be builders and will have access to “trusted” world. As there’s almost no real “trust” in this server atm.
BUT THEY CAN’T BUILD IT IN, WHAT FUCKING PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
I’ve already made an opinion. :)
You just fail to elaborate it. An opinion needs an elaboration to be taken seriusly.
The trusted world isn’t the only thing that makes trusted rank special, removing a little bit of the uniqueness from the trusted rank in no way makes the rank useless. The builders will be in gamemode 3, which means if they want to see anything, a trusted person has to be there flicking the levers for them. They can’t interact with anything, theres no way for them to greif, or spam anything so there is clearly issue here. And as far as secrecy goes, if your working on something so secret that you don’t want anyone to see, just use a single player world, don’t build it on a public creative server if you’re so worried about other people seeing it.

i fail to see HOW THE FUCK DO THEY LOSE THEIR PURPOSE WHEN THEY ARE THE ONLY RANK THAT CAN ACCTUALY USE TRUSTED WORLD (facepalm) All i see here are a bunch of self righteous assholes not wanting something good for someone else because they wouldn’t be “as” special anymore as they were before, selfishness on a whole new level people. Jizzus fucking christ these arguments hurt my sanity i honestly wanna go on a bitch slapping rampage.

@PanFritz I wonder if you will ever learn to constructively build your statement without swearing nor caps nor off facts.

Tried that, if you didn’t notice lately, doesn’t work.
Its probably why you always lose these arguments. So what if you lose, you stated your opinion and now everyones knows it. At least seem mature about it
I vote no. ˚—˚

@pigman239 i see you replied “pan your wrong” and deleted your reply, care to elaborate how i am wrong im interested.

No not realyl the reason I deleted it was I remember how hard it is to have a logical argument with you

Ah yes, because “pan your wrong” is a very logical argument.

I guess having a logical argument with me is though because people tend to lose so they choose to ignore every fact i dispute with a logical statement. And when that happens, like in the case above i get mad.

Yes! As long as they are in spectator mode!
Yes so we can at least have a glimpse of it!
NO. Trusted world is for trusted. If you have a lower rank like me it won’t be a Trusted world.
Builders should be able to go in trusted world but not build in it
RickvdWerf i say you are right. it does not have to be secret or if you guys want that make it on your singleplayer i think if you want to go to trusted Builders need to have the access to join the server. i hope i dont have to say more…
So this is what I think: Builders shouldnt be able to join trusted. When they would be able to join trusted, they needed an tpa request. Also, they shouldnt be allowed for much longer than 15 minutes per request. I also think that they shouldnt be able to go more than 100 blocks away from trusted> player.
I think this is a good idea too i just want to see the 9x9 of cookuh
@ArhurValk and they only get say 3 requests per what, 2 days?
I think requests should be unlimited, but I also think that builders shouldnt be longer in trusted than they need to be.
I completely agree with arhur. It’s a good idea. Completely. All of it. Yea. Thanks arhur.
I completely agree with arhur. It’s a good idea. Completely. All of it. Yea. Thanks arhur.

@Mr_RedSheep

1:It’s an 8x8

2:I also had this with @BurgerLover1

3:I was planning to ask @BlockyNinja and a moderator/admin for permission to put it in the plotworld when it’s done, because it won’t fit in one plot.

Ok, at first, I was gonna choose to answer with a definite no. But after reading all the replies to this, I’ve changed my mind.

The trusted world is indeed called trusted world for a reason, however, this should not restrict builders from being able to look at the world. I think that builders should only be able to enter the trusted world through invites. Like /tpahere and such, and when the builder has joined the trusted world, he/she shouldn’t really be able to build. I myself don’t use the trusted world a lot, mainly for reasons of building together with builders.

I think that if you as a trusted want to build together with someone that isn’t trusted, you can always use the plot (trusted = 3 plots, builder = 2 plots, 3 + 2 plots = 5 plots, i think you could maybe find some space to build? :D)

@MC_Sebbe i agree with you BUT i think there has to be a rule that builders can build only 50 blocks from the player who trusted and invited the player :D **i know its called trusted but builders are leik a sort of trusted :D
@Mr_RedSheep Builder shouldnt be able to build in trusted. Never, period (my opinion). I think that you could call it builder aswell if builders could build in it, we would get even more random builds ;-;
Id say no as its for trusted but i also see the point that you may want to show off your creations so I think the invite idea is good but maybe they would have to stay close to the person that has invited them. It can be kind of a tour! Just more ideas!

Maybe only spectating for builders with an invite?

If so, yes.

If building in trusted or tsv, then no.

Yes, and also I would add Visitor+ to the trusted to in gm 3, because what harm will they be causing. I don’t see the reason why we can only allow Builders there in gm 3.
No, I think builders only. They seem more deserving IMO.
I guess some people might feel that it will take away from the feeling of getting trusted because when you are builder and hoping for trusted, you are exited to see what are in the trusted worlds.
My vote is no, I agree with Evan, Trusted world is for trusted players, I know for a fact that lots of builders will take all the loot and break everything, so thats a no from me

So this is what I think: Builders shouldnt be able to join trusted. When they would be able to join trusted, they needed an tpa request. Also, they shouldnt be allowed for much longer than 15 minutes per request. I also think that they shouldnt be able to go more than 100 blocks away from trusted> player.

Trusted could abuse this part

also think that they shouldnt be able to go more than 100 blocks away from trusted> player

They could troll players. like a lot.

@nalaek2004 How could one abuse this feature? Everytime the 15 minute period runs out, and a trusted player isnt done schowcasing their stuffs, they can just /tpahere (player). I dont see how there would be a problem in this feature at al. Please explain.
I think builders going into the trusted world in spectator mode is fine, but at the same time, would it be all builders, or invite? All builders would exploit the world imo, but if it were just invite, then you’re basically telling ppl who the next trusted players are. I think im leaning towards a no here. . .
Yes, but only if you remove the members permission to get to trusted, because most of them are enoying to have :/
Its even a no from a builder ######[me]
(Totally not a necropost) @_aRedstoneNub

@_aRedstoneNub

Pls don’t necropost

@Nyxify @minenash It isnt a necropost this is the definition

On a message board, posting something irrelevent on a really old topic

I’m contributing to a non closed forum post therefor it’s not necroposting…

@_aRedstoneNub im not sure why this hasn’t been marked as solved but clearly the decision has been made to allow builders and members into trusted world without interaction as stated in the info page so your posting was not contributing to anything, therefore making it irrelevant.
@MadCloud101 Well in that case I thought it was to give them building access den:I