PLOTS GRIEFED ALOT (Using /up)

ArchivesProblems & bugs → PLOTS GRIEFED ALOT (Using /up)

SOLVED

Hello Redstoners, I came on to the server yesterday (22/05/15) to discover that my first plot (/p h BlockyNinja) had been completely griefed, someone had used /up everywhere completely wrecking most of my builds, some beyond repair. With the Help of Skril (Huge thanks) we cleared most the glass and got most things working again, however this morning (23/05/15) I came online to find my third plot (/p h:3 BlockyNinja) had also been griefed with /up. I am unsure whether this griefing happened at the same time as the first or after I left. We are still clearing up the damage now (Thanks to CookieRedstone, BurgerLover1 & Evanus). None of the plots around my base were griefed leading me to believe that this was fully aimed at me. Also because the griefer skipped my P2 and went straight to P3 I have the feeling I was online at the time and working on my P2 as it would be odd just to skip it out.

This is really upsetting not only as most of my builds are unrepairable, but the fact that we cannot really find out who did this as /up is untraceable. When I say they used /up I don’t mean just a little bit, I mean the enitre plots were griefed with precision, I don’t personally see why someone would do this or how they could really be so cruel to destroy months and months or work. At the moment my plots are denied to anyone not added just so this hopefully can’t happen again.

If anyone knows anything about this then I would love to hear it, my hope is that we catch the person that did this horrible thing. ~Blocky :(

I hope it never happens again, I don´t know who would ever want to do something like this to you, I hope we can find this person and ban him.
Thanks Cookie, I just don’t know what to do about this issue. If anyone has any ideas please say something xD
I’m pretty sure the staff knew about this ability even when redstoner first opened. I don’t know why they didn’t do anything about it, but just kicking / banning every person who has done that.
@BlockyNinja those builds that are still damaged…I can try and help you work out what went where with LogBlock if you want?

Acknowledged bug, I’m thinking of spamming the logblock maker to fix it :‘D

marked as solved :D

Before you make a fool of yourself, dont.
For the sake of security I moved this thread to undisclosed bugs so that people with bad intentions don’t read it and take advantage of it. While this is a known bug I’m reopening this thread so we can work on ways to deal with this issue.
So my first thoughts are that if we cant fix the problem, should/could we just removed all ranks perms for the /up command? Or at least remove it from member?
OK so upon testing, players can only issue //up on plots where they are added, unless theres a way around this I don’t know about that at least narrows the suspects.
@BlockyNinja my apologies on behalf of the staff for not acting on this bug earlier. Hopefully we are making some progress on it now which should help reduce these incidents in the future (if all goes well). Despite my best efforts this morning, I highly doubt we will be able to find out who did this, I have a couple more avenues to explore but I am not holding out much hope.
Its fine @Ionwolfhelm, thanks for all the help, I appreciate that you tried. If this can’t be fixed for me then I just hope that this can be stopped so no one else has to experience this
I think they can do something like /up -f or something in those lines, this ignores plot rules (not totally sure about this one tho).

Update:

Despite our best efforts we haven’t managed to trace the culprit for this. We are however close to a solution that should fix this issue or at least make this sort of grief impossible to do unless the person is added to the plot. Will keep this thread open for now as a reminder until the fix is implemented.

A little plugin addition is in progress. I think we might be able to fix some of your builds using LogBlock (using the Redo function), but only those that were built no more than 3 months ago (I believe this is how long we keep the data ATM)

I apologise for not looking into the problem earlier, I didn’t know of a not over-complicated possibility to fix it at the time (Thanks Ion for enlightening me). I hope that suits you, if you think I can do something, don’t hesitate to ask. Just saw this thread now, I wish I had seen it earlier.

Also, can you really break builds with it? I didn’t see that coming. Can redstone dust be replaced with glass or something similar?

This afternoon I will be looking through the logs to find a possible ‘culprit’. I think I might know a way to manage that, but I’m not entirely sure.

Ion figured that you can only destroy blocks using /up 0, whilst standing right on top of the block. I searched the command in the logs of 22nd May and I think the results should be pretty clear. http://pastebin.com/VA7AcZ4q

So it turns out you were griefed by Don325. Does this make any sense? He was just permabanned.

so some good news we managed to track down the griefer and ban them, some visitor called don325. also as I understand it from cookie you were unable to repair your 5x5 iris door, as dico pointed out it might be possible for us to repair this using the redo command within logblock. this will only be possible if it was built within the last 3 months I think. if you want us to try to do this for you let us know.