Disable griefing in the Survival World

ArchivesFeature requests → Disable griefing in the Survival World

SOLVED

If you want that, sign the petition at Change.org All support is welcome!

Further information can be found by clicking the link.

• Semx
I already signed it :P
This will probably never happen, we are thinking about making griefing and killing not against the rules for it to acctualy be challenging. Just gathering things and building gets boring sooner or later and there is no elegent way to disable griefing without introducing annoying plots and areas that are protected, furthermore there has been an idea raised about making a roleplay world aswell, more debate awaits that.
i like peacefull :P thats mutch more nice to play (dats why i hate factions ;P)
IMO I think the whole idea of making griefing allowed in the existing survival world was a bad idea from the start, me and other staff members brought up the issues that could occur with doing this, mainly the fact that the world already existed in a no-griefing state already, people had decent bases built up, as soon as griefing was allowed people took advantage of that and had a field day with the world, while allowing griefing is fine if that’s what you want, allowing it should have been handled better. First off IMO a vote should have been taken to see if anyone even was for the idea, and if more people were ok with it, there should have been a grace period to give people time to prepare for the change. I don’t think the change itself is what made people angry necessarily, more or less the way it was handled (as the whole thing came out of the blue and no one was prepared for it, let alone were any of the players opinions ever taken into account). That’s just how I’m seeing this whole thing right now from my point of view.
Maybe have a single day of the week where raiding is enabled, and the rest of the days ‘preparation’
i signed :) even admins griefed the whole town for fun

even admins griefed the whole town for fun

Was 30% trying to prove our point, 25% trollface, 15% yolo, and 100% screw this