Addressing the controversy with slime blocks.

Off topicMinecraft related → Addressing the controversy with slime blocks.

Okay so there has been quite a bit of conflicting concerning slime blocks. The main issue is that people believe that if you have a piston pushing a slime block, and that slime is on the outer edges of the build, you require extra air (Or un-moveable block) on the side, which would make the door bigger in volume. The problem with that, is that you can’t possibly count something that is not there! So I’ve decided to try and clear up all this confusion, once and for all.

Here is what I have to say about it: Using slime blocks around a build is completely fine, UNLESS it defies the concept of the door itself. For example, a trapdoor requires a flat seamless floor above it to be considered a trapdoor. So if that floor moves for example, it’s not a trapdoor anymore because it didn’t really fulfill its purpose. However, with a 5x5 for example, slime can be used, because whatever you do, it won’t make it not a 5x5.

That’s all I have to say for now. If you don’t agree with this, please leave a reply explaining why. All I’m trying to do is have a common ground, something to base off of, something that makes sense and that people can relate to for an explaination.

My opinion on slime blocks.

They are perfectly ok to use. But if you have to have any obsidian or other unmoveable block showing when the door is closed or open it is no longer seamless, but does not increase its size

I think of it in a survival standpoint that you have to dig a hole to fit the door in, but if there are slime blocks on the edge it requires a bigger hole. If that didn’t make enough sense just @ me and I’ll explain more.