DeesNutz3 --->> Spam, Caps, Disrespect

RedstonerBlames → DeesNutz3 --->> Spam, Caps, Disrespect

SOLVED

Description

DeesNutz3 was like “WB (insert random username)” (all caps) using other sentences in caps excessively after I told him to please stop and respect the rules. Then he kept going and was using curse words that were in caps and kept saying “how am I (Caps following) **** disrespectful?” And then he kept using caps. Normally I don’t have a problem with people using caps as long as it’s like one or two words and they understand not to do it again, but this case was (1. excessive, (2. disrespectful.

Failed attempts

I tried to explain to DeesNutz3 that it was not considerate to the rules and respectful that he should keep using caps. But then again, he just said “how am I being disrespectful” and then curses IN CAPS. And uses more caps. And goes on and on like “WB SO AND SO” blah blah blah.

Location not really relevant, it took place in the chat and he was in the Creative open-to-all world.

Time

Approx. 2:30 AM - 2:40 and most likely kept going, but I left to get a report in. 2015/6/05 2:30 : 0:00

Grief

None.

Proof

There only like 8-10 users on and not many of them were chatting so I don’t know if they were really watching so I can’t name specific users.

I have several screen shots but I don’t know how to “embed” them or whatever like it wants me to :( help and I can show em?

We seem to have had a lot of cases of caps and spam when there has been no staff online, usually late at night/early morning (UTC). We need to do something about this.

As for DeesNutz3, a 12 hour or 1 day tempban seems fitting at the moment. @Ionwolfhelm might have something to add here, he usually does.

@Deeedo Information on how to do this can be found here

Will wait until we have some screenshots as evidence before deciding what to do on this one.

I think i found some evidence maybe. i found this lurking on the other threads page

http://gyazo.com/08f35c7540b4ef3672a62ee8c1c3799a

yeah id seen that already, doesn’t show any evidence of rules being broken though.

@Ionwolfhelm (I stole my friend’s WiFi hotspot password to write this xD)

We should discuss what to do about these incidents, they’ve occurred a lot in the past few days.

@PyjamaL1ama I am aware what’s been going on thanks PJ. If you wish to discuss anything with me do so in one of the staff channels.
@Deeedo I was on and he was spamming, or using caps. For me it was only 12Pm and I was really tired. Sadly I didn’t get any pictures. :(
@Redstoners_Pikachu Please don’t use any of my pictures. If you want to post them please message me. http://gyazo.com/08f35c7540b4ef3672a62ee8c1c3799a Is a post I made last night.
I’m leaving somewhere for the day in a minute @PyjamaL1ama @Ionwolfhelm so I probably wont get the pictures I have uploaded at the moment but I will later for sure.
another thing @PyjamaL1ama yeah a lot of this is happening wary or late UTC like you said. I think it may help to have a mod that is in the EST zone or something else idk.
I have a lot more screenshots, but last night Eli and DeesNutz3 started talking about se*. I don’t want to show these because of people who may be young on the server. People said things like WTF in all caps, or ‘Fuck (player name)’. I don’t have the screen shot, but I did see @kademanc aka DeesNutz3 said “Se* is awesome.” I take some of the blame in this: http://gyazo.com/9c1e5bedff84370ebf119385af58b8f1
OK will leave this open while we get more information. From what I’ve seen so far though it seems clear a few people got carried away and behaved in a way that wasn’t entirely appropriate. Please respect your fellow members and the rules we have regardless of whether a member of staff is online or not.
@kademanc (aka deesnutz3) I’ve looked through some of the relevant logs and I feel the way you behaved is unacceptable. Excessive swearing, some of it I deem offensive and several messages in caps leaves me no choice but to impose a tempban for your part in this incident. 6 hours from the time of this post.