Keep the Gallery??!?!?!?!

RedstonerCommunity vote → Keep the Gallery??!?!?!?!

Right as im sure you all know the gallery has been an on and off project and it seems to me that it is not going to well progress wise and i think alot of us have lost interest in the project. So here is What i propose as a vote : option 1 : Keep the gallery and get everyone involved. option 2 : Scrap the project, for sure keep the world if necessary, but just to clean things up conclude that it is no longer in need of progress option 3 : Scrap the current gallery and make a new one.
option 2 for sure, I think it has been like that for a bit anyways…

I truly think we need a gallery, but letting anyone get involved is not a good idea. The current one we have totally got rotten because of the low-quality creations there are, the tininess of the plots, and above everything, the color of the floor. The color coding just do not fit with the floor. We need to get rid of that “gallery”, but I really appreciate the project.

So, none of your options

I see where your coming from valsim, an exelent point of interest :D ill add a third option
Oh yeah :D Option 3 then
Not sure xD id go with option two
Not that complete on one answer, but i’d go with 2
i’m an idiot i don’t even know what it is I shouldn’t have replied xD
3 & 1. Make a new gallery but get everyone involved this time
I say option 3 since it will show great Redstone that maybe people have never heard of like Roudone since he not as popular on the server, but I think he has a good plot since he is great on other servers. My option 4 would be what CK has going on with its Top Monthly plot, Top weekly, and Top daily. Since this is a different server we do want to are things in different ways, but I’m really wanna push to have a gallery not for me, but for visitors and members to “wow” apon
Option 3; I agree with Val, this gallery doesn’t look good and there are lot of “bad” creations
Option 3; the current gallery looks like dog feces ;-;
==Option 3 & 1!==
option 3. however, if anyone can have access to gallery, there could end up being some bad creations there and we’d need like a staff member clearing out all the bad creations whenever one is found. Maybe you just build on your own plot and when you want it in the gallery ask a mod or someone from staff if it should/could go in the gallery. idk. ultimately it’s up to you staff to decide. just putting in feedback based on how I feel. :)
I agree with Doom. 3 & 1.
Yup ==3 & 1==. :)

Maybe you just build on your own plot and when you want it in the gallery ask a mod or someone from staff if it should/could go in the gallery. idk. ultimately it’s up to you staff to decide. just putting in feedback based on how I feel. :) @Deeedo

I think someone could make a plugin like /apply ,but it will have Location involved as well maybe you can do /applygallery , /ag and then staff can look through and accept or deny. Also sorry for being not so focused on topic ,but I don’t want to make a new thread to talk about this.

@Pandoh yes that could work. the only thing I’m iffy about is that the whole process of having to apply a creation just seems like such a process just to have a creation added to a gallery. that leaves the alternative of builder+ access to gallery world and a staff member occasionally clears out (destroys) bad creations. then again some builders have no respect and may grief. so maybe the whole apply thing would work. lololol idk anymore

Option 3

Here are my ideas:

• Make a new gallery showcasing the smallest possible inventions (also the fastest ones). This way, people (mods?) are forced to maintain the gallery regularly (new world records, new inventions are always made).
  • Everybody that have a potential good invention can showcase it if it has won a community (trusted+ ?) vote.
  • Redstone wars/contests could also be organized in the gallery instead of using a plot.

What do you think of that? :D

Great idea Mato. +1 From me!
I think the gallery should have more that smallest and fastest ie 1 wide stuff, but I like your idea. Plus Juan to Mato
I think the gallery should be more of a redstone learning world, rather than a best of redstone world
all these extreme opinions got me like hmmm. (“extreme” as in the gallery showcasing themed builds like fastest/smallest). I do like @Doomblah last reply, but like @Pandoh said, it shouldn’t be focused on extreme themes like biggest smallest. I think it could showcase more balanced content like a bit of fastest and smallest or whatever BUT also have a basic series of builds like a plain 2x2 3x3 4x4 etc and other builds for new redstoners to learn and understand. and we can also have creative/genius builds etc etc and maybe u can ask for your creation to be put in the gallery. so to sum it up, balanced creations in the gallery doesn’t sound bad.
Thank you all for your input. i have a guideline here now to start taking action. Some great ideas aswell. they will all be considered Please keep on conversing this is helping alot :D Thank you
:) whatever happens, I think it should NOT be trusted +. I say that not because I want to build there or whatever, but because I have seen even members make some epicccc junk ans creative/brilliant stuff and it’s pretty impressive. Or, if it is trusted +, make it so that member and builder can at least go there and look at stuff. :D
Option 3, without invitation of players below trusted. And they need to know what they are doing and where they place stuff.
I’d say Mato’s summed up my thoughts exactly
I go with Mato’s idea
Option 3 for sure. Dico basically summed up my opinion.
When are is these options going to gt tallied?
I think we should consider writing a plugin for it to manage the builds. I dislike the idea of everyone being able to contribute things to it, some contraptions are just crap compared to others, simply put. We should be able to have creations labeled such as “3x3 door” and then theres a fastest, a smallest, and maybe even something like least resources. We could have previous records saved and shown as well, but I dont feel like anyone should be able to put anything in it.

totally #3, and also, maybe a mod could set up a thread category so we could submit our builds, and have categories, like going to the extreme (17 high 4 wide :D [irrelevant note: working on an ever expandable 4 wide])

maybe an evolution of doors, like the previous records, slowly progressing to the current record holder and also, Dico’s idea is a great one :D +1 @ #3 and @Dico

Ok im not trying to necropost here but will the gallery be continued? Cx I want to see the new gallery (since like a half year on redstoner i never seen the gallery yet xC)

If its scrapped then ok lol…

But seriously if its continued i wanna apply some of my builds.. only some…

Note : Im sorry if this is an necropost but i dont want to fill the whole off topic thread. Besides this reply was based on this thread.

Gallery is no more
@Doomblah maybe we should close this post if the gallery is no more.