WorldEdit

ArchivesFeature requests → WorldEdit

DUPLICATE

WorldEdit is a very useful, powerful tool. Members don’t have access to it, and it’s a shame, because it can take a very long time to build enough to get the ==Builder== rank, so I think that Member should get access to some simple WorldEdit functions:

//set //copy //paste //walls //replace -Limit of maximum blocks modified: 2500 -Cooldown on W/E commands: 30 seconds

This would allow a Member such as myself to more easily create large mechanisms which would be otherwise very annoying and repetitive to create. Who’s with me?

“Its a shame that Members dont get this.” @ViperLordX

Viper I like your idea, but builders are trustworthy of WE, and I feel that members have just joined, and you already have ‘//up’. M8, I would have to say due to the fact that it would destroy the purpose of builder. I also feel that people could abuse //replace and //set. M8 due to that fact I would say no to this for many reasons.

“//set, and //replace” @ViperLordX

I feel that those commands are to powerful and that people would abuse the power of this.

Sorry Viper, but I really feel it would be a bad idea. I know how you feel because once I was a member, but members have just joined and are not known by people in common.

NO IT WOULD DESTROY THE PURPOSE OF BUILDER

I totally agree with Jack. Also, you have to build by yourself to get the builder rank. If you use World Edit, you’re basically cheating.

“…because it can take a very long time to build enough to get the Builder rank…”

That’s the point in the rank.

I agree with @djbwx and @JacksArt. Worledit is for builders because the rank takes a while to obtain. This means that only members who are active, and not trolly, wil get builder.
I say @ViperLordX just keep working hard and you will get builder. I do understand you’re struggle. Also if you make a big selection and do //copy you will probably crash the server. I kind of did that Synergy.
I think it shouldn’t take so much to get it, though. I have about 2.5 entire floors of redstone contraptions on my plot, and I still didn’t get Builder.

I think it shouldn’t take so much to get it, though. I have about 2.5 entire floors of redstone contraptions on my plot, and I still didn’t get Builder.

And this means members should get worldedit because…

And this means members should get worldedit because..

You said it all right there.

I know this isn’t going to happen; someone suggested something similar and the idea was dropped.

Back in my day I needed about 4 floors for builder.

Well, I finally got Builder after jam packing my first floor with more stuff and adding more to my third floor. I still do think Member should get simple WorldEdit commands like //set, with a limit on the number of blocks they can modify. I also tthink that this server could benefit from ASync, a plugin which modifies WorldEdit and makes it pretty much impossible for it to cause lag.

Yeah your plot isn’t really jam packed.

Not jam packed plot

Maybe it’s not dense with redstone, but I still worked hard to fill it with what it has. The reason it’s not jam packed is because I compact my redstone down as much as I can, and I’m always finding ways to compact it even more. You shouldn’t get builder for having a lot of redstone - You should get it for having lots of complex devices compacted down. It should be based on complexity, not volume. It kind of goes against the point of redstone if you would get Builder faster just by making unnecessarily massive redstone devices instead of much smaller ones.
Plus, You just got promoted.
I know, but I still hold my point. Defaults should get highly restricted W/E. Maybe they can only edit 1000 blocks at a time and have to wait 30 seconds before using it again, but that would still help a lot.

@ViperLordX

You really have no idea what you’re talking about, do you… I could cause extreme lag, if not crash the server, depending on the current stress level with just a couple hundred blocks causing light updates. Having that power as soon as you join the server… That’s not only a bad idea, it’s just plain stupid. The server lags/crashes enough as it is, and imagine if everybody has access to world edit? Sure, not everyone has evil intentions, but people lag out the server on accident with world edit all the time as well.

No, just no. It’s a terrible idea and is only asking for trouble.

Which is what ASync is for. ASync prevents most, if not all, lag caused by WorldEdit. It’s a really amazing plugin.

Yeah someone requested Async a while ago, it aint happening.I’m locking this now because you don’t understand what a closed feature request is.

This thread is locked.