Developer Application

RedstonerOther → Developer Application

Hello, I’m a commercial developer interested in providing some free work for this server. I’m a largely experienced developer, and you can see just a sample of my work @ www.olivervscreeper.co.uk/portfolio . In my spare time, I’d like another project to contribute entirely custom plugins too. Some of your plugins are unneccessary/inefficient and i’d like to help out by speeding things up and adding new features! I’m really bored writing this, so please if needed, contact me as soon as possible so I can get to work if needed!
Well, we write all our plugins in python so if you are willing to improve some things then, by all means go ahead. We do have some plugins wich are obviusly downloaded but a nice portion of them are writen by us (mainly sheep).

Hello! I’m not happy with some of that, but i’m going to go through everything you’ve said with some nice answers.

I think Fennoman is confused, and I’ve contacted him. I work with RespawnNetwork and temporarily MineconSE. Every other server I tweet about is due to my business, which requires me developing for around 15-20 clients a week. These are not permanent roles, and are performed during times which I do not do my free work. Paid work and free work have seperate times, so you won’t be pushed away.

I don’t mind that i’ll lack access, in fact, I don’t need it. If you just let me work, I’ll do whatever I can and send you the files to upload yourselves. I’m a developer, not admin, at least, for the moment.

No worries, how about I rewrite essentials now? I just wanted to show that I knew what could be improved and would be happy to do it.

WorldBorder uses a high volume of the PlayerMoveEvent in Java, which can cause lag. I’d be interested in doing more tweaks to make it handle players in a more limited way.

I’d love to show you some code, but most is licenced. If you add ‘olivervscreeper’ on skype, i’ll screenshare and send some work, but my main Open-Source project is not yet ready for release.

BEING AN ADMIN: I use Linux everyday to manage my VPS. For example, I setup the webserver, postfix and TeamSpeak on olivervscreeper.co.uk I understand Java + Lua, and am quickly getting to grips with Python. I can already write basic code for the PythonPluginLoader. I’ve been commercially using Bukkit + Spigot for a year. I commit all my paid work to Git, so this is not and will not be a problem - in fact, i’m launching my Git server very shortly for me to store my work on the net. Emails come straight to my phone which I try to read within 15 minutes of receiving.

I’m 16, and quickly heading towards 17, though i’m often insulted due to my voice - it’s sad, I know. The main way I look at is, If I am a trustworthy and skilled developer, it really does not matter.

Thanks for the opportunity and reading this endless reply…

Sorry, I got muddled with another plugin I have configured. WorldBorder actual just uses a scheduled check event, which has great efficiency - sorry! I’ll get some Essentials code done when possible.
@Aberdeened This thread is over a year old and your response was COMPLETELY POINTLESS. Don’t fucking necropost.