/Dimension or /Dim to find the dimensions and area of selected positions

ArchivesFeature requests → /Dimension or /Dim to find the dimensions and area of selected positions

SOLVED

I have come up with an idea for a command. I was going through my redstone builds seeing which ones I needed to get the dimensions and area for. I did find a good amount of them. After manually counting the length, width, and height, multiplying them and finally what I needed, I thought. What if there was a command for all this, that would make it a lot faster and easier to find the size of a build. Which is when I came up with the dimensions command. I personally think it would save time and help a lot of redstoner’s with their builds. The /[Command Name Here] doesn’t have to be /Dimension or /Dim. You guys as staff can decide that for yourselves. Thank you for reading this post. Sincerely yours, Minhplays
Couldn’t you just //count ?

When you make a selection in worldedit it already shows you the block volume.

@CookieRedstone You don’t even need a command. As soon as you make a selection it shows you the volume in the far right. That’s how stupid this suggestion is.
I think he wants the dimensions as well as the volume @zombachu @Nyxis
Also: p.sendMessage(ChatColor.GREEN + "Dimensions: <x1> <y1> <z1> <x2> <y2> <z2> Volume: <# of blocks.>") Add some hashmaps in and, boom done. XP
@Pandoh Ah I see. From the original post it seemed like the focus was on calculating the final volume. In that case it’s not such a stupid suggestion after all.
@Pandoh Well I guess this forum does make a little more sense, i guess this could be useful… Like for huuuge builds… But then again you could just select 2 adjacent corners, find that dimension, then do the same another couple of times… But this command could make it a little easier? I mean there’s really not much to add :/
I thought //size showed both dimensions and volume?
@Sebbe It seems you’re right… So I guess we’re back to this suggestion being useless then lol

//size shows both volume and diametres, so there is no need for a new command.

Marked as solved.