Doomblah

RedstonerBlames → Doomblah

CLOSED

I wasn’t quite sure if this is the best location for this post, but it probably is.

Description

So I’d just logged into the server, and I decided I wanted my 4th plot cleared.

(Yes, I’m aware that builders are only supposed to have 2 plots, but afaik there’s never been a rule specifically stating a limit to the amount of plots a user can have. And, back a long time ago when I obtained the plots, staff allowed users to get extra plots with alt acccounts.)

So, the problem: I asked staff to CLEAR my 4th plot, and doom volunteered to do it. But without telling me anything, besides asking if I was sure I wanted cleared, he deleted it.

I told him he didn’t clear it thinking he made a mistake, to which he replied “yea 3 plot for u”

I understand that staff might not like users having more plots than they are supposed to now, but doom never told me he would delete it, he just did it without even telling me. I’d even be okay with it if he told me it’d have to be deleted, but he straight out even lied when he says “you sure you want this cleared.” Furthermore, I’m not the only one who has had 4 plots as builder, as hacker told me he did too.

Time

2015-07-03 01:56 - 02:01 (UTC)

Proof

chat logs (Didn’t get a screenshot, feel free to verify the issue with the time stamps provided) I removed irrelevant chat messages to keep this post shorter

[18:58:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? can you clear my 4th plot
[18:58:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  Doomblah $ ? 4th?
[18:58:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? yeah this one
[18:58:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? XD
[18:58:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? ..yes i have 4 pltos
[18:58:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? deal with itt
[18:59:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? XD
[18:59:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? dewm
[18:59:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  Doomblah $ ? ok
[18:59:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  Doomblah $ ? so u sure u want this cleared
[18:59:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? yeah
[18:59:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? i mean i could do it with worldedit but that takes too much time
[18:59:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  Doomblah $ ? u sure
[18:59:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? yeah
[18:59:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  Doomblah $ ? ok
[19:00:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? cool. thanks
[19:00:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] This plot (36;2) has no owners.
[19:00:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? ..
[19:00:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? you didnt clear it.. because nwo i dont have the plot at all
[19:00:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? now*
[19:00:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  Doomblah $ ? yea
[19:00:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  Doomblah $ ? 3 plot
[19:00:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  Doomblah $ ? for u
[19:00:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT]  chloetherat $ ? you srs

You can even see at [18:59:15] he uses the word “cleared”

EDIT: I just really wish I still had my 4th plot as I’d planned to build on it, but I guess this post has no real purpose besides documenting the issue, because I dont plan on playing redstoner anymore after a series of problems with staff, which never seems to end.

EDIT2: I got a little upset after the issue, and I apologize to Nyx which I may have offended without really intending to.

There is no rule stating that Builders must only have 2 plots; Only the fact that they are given a second one when receiving this rank. So, I see no issue with a builder having 4 plots if he wants them and is given it by staff.

Doom, he asked to have it “cleared” not “disposed”; there for if you volunteer to help him, you honor his request, or let someone else help him. You need to take this down a notch with hating on people with a lot of plots. This is not the first time you have done or said something against people owning a lot of plots. If someone wants to have them, so be it. Why are you to judge?

We have a plot limit, we shouldn’t exceed that limit. 3 plots is plenty for just about anyone (except for u computer redstoners) Which is why we have the trusted world, specifically for larger projects. You are a builder, thus earned two plots. the face u had 4 is obsurd, i don’t even have 4. I’ll let u have 3 but 4 is defiantly too many.

Perhaps i was a little rude in how I handled the deleting of the plot, i just kind of did it and left no explanation, for that i am sorry, i was preoccupied with teamspeak and some other stuff, none the less i should have handled it better.

Oh, so that’s what you were doing earlier.^(Is okay Chloe i no hate)

Anyway the only logical way that this situation will have worked out is doom asking weather chloe wanted the plot cleared of ownership. Unlikely.

Well opinion time Well i think doom should have brought up the issue with some other staff COUGH and then decided, or all least should of asked Chloe for a brief explanation or the back story behind the plot.^(Unless you, doomblah have back story phobia)

Edit:i started typing before doom posted his reply, don’t judge me by my typing skillz

We have a plot limit

True. How ever, it is 5, not what user Doomblah says.

3 plots is plenty

Your personal opinion. Nothing else.

the face u had 4 is obsurd, i don’t even have 4

What? And how many plots one user has does not effect how many Chloe can have.

i was preoccupied with teamspeak and some other stuff

If you are going to help someone, please put effort and attention into it.

I’ll let u have 3 but 4 is defiantly too many

Lmao, um what?

Hacker summarized my opinion on this situation perfectly.
There is a law in a city stating that no agriculture can take place. However, a corporation went before the city council and received a special permit to make a small farm in the city. The corporation hires a separate company to construct the corporation’s new plan. Once the company arrives to the job site, they salt the earth and spread chemicals preventing any plants from growing on the land for another 500 years. Said company denies any wrongdoing due to the law prohibiting agriculture, disregarding the special permit that the corporation received. But wait! The company is extremely benevolent for leaving a 1 square meter area of dirt alone.

Responce to @Jeg777

True. How ever, it is 5, not what user Doomblah says.

The plot limit for MIT is 5 the plot limit for mod is unlimited. The limit for builder (chloe is a builder fyi) is 2 plots, im being generous and letting him keep the three, because he was once trusted (which has a plot limit of 3).

Your personal opinion. Nothing else

Name a common example where three plots is necesairy to make something, other than a redstone computer, which i already stated the trusted world is for

And how many plots one user has does not effect how many Chloe can have.

Its not about how many plots one user has, its a limit on plots for any user of a certain rank, chloe is not/was not at any point at a rank to earn 4 plots, thus I removed one from him (he wanted the plot cleared anyways, so its not like i destroyed anything he wanted to keep)

If you are going to help someone, please put effort and attention into it.

How hard is it to tp to someone, confirm they want to clear the plot, and clear it. he said he had 4 plots so I reset the plot for reasons i already stated

I’ll let u have 3 but 4 is defiantly too many

“you” being chloe, 3 because he was once trusted and that is trusted limit. 4 is too many for reasons i already stated

I have no idea what zomb is saying… something about ignoring special permits in favor of the law. but whats the thing about 1 square meter? I have no idea… moving on.

Response to @Nyxis

Anyway the only logical way that this situation will have worked out is doom asking weather chloe wanted the plot cleared of ownership. Unlikely.

Of course he wouldn’t want the plot reset, he has 4 plots, which is more than pretty much all non staff players, its something special he doesn’t want to go away.

Well i think doom should have brought up the issue with some other staff COUGH and then decided, or all least should of asked Chloe for a brief explanation or the back story behind the plot.^(Unless you, doomblah have back story phobia)

I was TSing with Nemes, but he is dev now, his priorities have changed. Also this was just a simple clearing a plot i didn’t think i needed more than one staff’s opinion. This isn’t the first time I’ve reset a plot because a person had too many, they all understood why i did it and moved on. “COUGH” i assume you’re referring to you, which i presume you were on at the time, sorry a routine plot clearing needs MIT expertise (sarcasm, in case you didn’t pick up on that). I am well aware how he got these plots, a staff member gave them to him and staff allowed it, but we have a plot limit for a reason and I’m sticking to it, seeing as pan went apeshit over plot limits once i figured its a good idea to stick to it. back story phobia? i don’t think so (maybe if its a really long one and I’m not I’m a patient mood).

@Doomblah

How hard is it to tp to someone, confirm they want to clear the plot, and clear it.

You still managed to fuck that up somehow.

@Doomblah In my time as staff, I remember dico stating that you shouldn’t delete any players plots even if they have been demoted, as its a dick thing to do. Just letting you know. :)
@Doomblah A staff member must have given him the plot. You don’t know who the staff member is so you had no right to take it away in till you found out who that person was and see if there is a reason for it given! I don’t see why you think you can just take stuff away when people have it for a REASON! Just like the nickname problem with abh! Find out first instead of assuming they shouldn’t have it!

@Doomblah

Considering pan isn’t exactly staff anymore as far as I’m aware, combined with the fact that no one else really seemed to care prior to now, I don’t see how that validates deleting his plot without even warning him first.

Additionally, while we all are aware there is indeed a plot limit, I highly doubt those plots were given to Chloe without acknowledging the limit, so he likely received them for other reasons which were likely considered exemptions to that limit.

doom whats it like being the bad guy now lol! Take my soup!
soupmanviii, not helping.

Spoke to both Doomblah and Chloetherat about this.

Doom acknowledges he could have handled this better, probably in future we should investigate why they had the extra plots before disposing, or at least explain to the player more fully what you are about to do and why.

Chloetherat wanted to take the matter no further so locking and closing.

This thread is locked.