WorldEdit Feature Idea

ArchivesFeature requests → WorldEdit Feature Idea

SOLVED

Recently I was helping a new person who had just joined the server. He didn’t have WorldEdit and wanted to copy a complicated redstone module several times into a 3x3 square of them.

Since I HATE the //copy and //paste commands, I decided to use //stack. However, I encountered a problem. //stack places the modules NEXT to each other, and the sides were touching.

Example 1: The andesite squares are the modules. This is how the //stack command stacks things link

However, he wanted the modules to share sides, so I had to use //move to shift them around and make them share a side.

Example 2: How he wanted the modules to fit together. link

So, I don’t know if this is possible, but maybe some of the developers could do this

I think that //stack should have syntax more like //stack <blocks between stack(optional)>. This integer would tell the command to put a certain amount of space between each module the //stack command creates. So, //stack 2 1 would make the modules look like this.

Example 3: The modules after //stack 2 1 link

Now, if you wanted it to put more blocks between each module, you would make that second number higher. If no second number is supplied it would make the end result look like Example 1.

However, if the second number was -1, it would allow the modules to share sides like in Example 2. Not sure how it would affect numbers less than -1. Maybe something like this?

Example 4: link This is how I think it would react to //stack 2 -2. I tried to use color coding to make defining the 3 rings easier from each other, magenta is right, blue is middle, white is left. To make it easier to tell where rings overlap I used color mixing, but if it is still confusing to you here is a guide.

Magenta + Blue = Purple Blue + White = Light Blue

Not sure if this is possible, or if there is another command for this, but if there isn’t then this would be a VERY useful addition to WorldEdit. It would make cloning and moving large amounts of blocks around a lot easier with this added functionality. Personally, I feel that this would help with the creation of large scale projects suck as redstone computers, or randomized mazes. Maybe even large doors.

Well I don’t see your feature request. Only the complaint of WE being weird. Also, not to be a police, but you should follow the template and guidelines for posting a feature request thread. “All threads created not following the guidelines will be deleted.”

GL with WE :) I hate copy and paste too

I accidently posted the thread too early by accident, so I edited it and made it complete.
There are already ways to stack with different spaces in between and all that, it all really depends on your selection. If you want a space between, select with a space between and then stack, if you want them to connect with only one block then select a row of blocks less and so on. You just gotta play around with these, it’s not so complicated.

//stack 2 1 = //expand 1 + //stack 2

That’s it.

I understand that, but what If you wanted the sides to overlap? Would you have to cut off one side?
If you want the sides to overlap, just dont select one slice of the build, and then execute the command.
wait, what’s the command for the pictures? I don’t see any commands for embedding pictures.
wait, what’s the command for the pictures? I don’t see any commands for embedding pictures.
![link](pictureURLhere)