Builder Rank

RedstonerOther → Builder Rank

SOLVED

A few thoughts on ranks.

Now what I’m about to say, I don’t really care what happens that much, but it’s just something that was on my mind.

In short- I feel builder is almost too easy to earn. So many people receive builder for maybe a few 4x4’s maybe some of them built by other people, and after only a little while. Maybe the length should increase to like 2-3 weeks on server and good knowledge of Redstoner shown through your builds.

Why?

I feel like the gap of ranks is huge: your visitor, member is easy, builder is easy, and then suddenly trusted which could take half a year or more to earn. I think it could be a bit balanced, making the builder rank a tad harder and more like a real redstone ‘builder.’ I just feel like the special-ness or meaning of the Builder rank has diminished into you know, “yeah yeah he built a 4x4 and some elevators and is active, give him builder idc”

Also, I don’t know what goes through staff minds, so maybe you do selectively and carefully pick your builders. just thoughts.

Some of you may be like what the crap is he trying to say, so forgive me if your one of those stupid people. (jk I love u all) I know some of you know what I’m trying to communicate though. With that in mind, thoughts and comments below please!

p.s. i aint gonna make a huge fuss about this. it’s just something I thought I’d mention.

:-)

The reason builder is there is so that WE is somewhat regulated so making it very hard to learn would mean people don’t get we for a long long time, may not effect people who build doors much, but for someone who builds stuff or does logic its pretty necessary. And trusted for obvious reasons takes a while to earn and some people may not ever get it.

Also giving people ranks based on their ability to do redstone isn’t exactly the most fair way of doing it.

Well you know NOT everyone is a redstoner and it wouldn’t be fair if only redstoners got it.
It is now a lot harder to get Builder Rank. Our standards have been raised.

@Archangelus21 well yeah, definitely people that do landscaping would get builder as well.

@PanFritz yeah I mostly agree. I didn’t say make it “very hard”, just a bit harder to get builder. and I agree that receiving rank should not be based too much on their ability like you said, but their activeness helpfulness etc. and about trusted, yeah like you said it “for obvious reasons” can take forever, and I agree that should stay that way.

Basically, after what you said about logic people needing WE, you’ve made a good argument. I guess I didn’t think through my thread much before posting it.

MARKED AS SOLVED.