Cubing tips?

Off topicCubing → Cubing tips?

SOLVED

I just found out this section. I’m a speedcuber, but I have never gotten a 3x3 solve in under 50 seconds. My fastest time is 55, any tips on how to reduce it to about 30-25? I have an unlubed 3x3 stickerless Newisland speedcube. I use F2L, but I’m kind of slow at it. I’m fastest at solving the third layer, so I guess I just need tips on how to apply F2L faster.
Point one. Minimize cube rotations. This helped me with 10 seconds. Point two. Learn full PLL

Practice on making the white cross and try to reduce the number of moves to make it. Also, practice on recognition. You may spend at least 10 seconds of looking around the cube and trying to find pairs.

So, just practice every day :)

Thanks I don’t actually have many cube rotations. On the second layer, I figured out that you can rotate the bottom two layers and it’s similar to a cube rotation. I’ll try to learn full PLL.
Wait… do you use Lbl? If so, learn Cfop
I don’t use LBL, I use CFOP, but I haven’t learned every single OLL and PLL case because that’s just too many algorithms for me.
I use 2 look Oll and full Pll, and i get 26 second solves alot.
Just work on F2L. I averaged around 30 seconds with 2 look oll/pll.
  1. Try lubing your cube
  2. PRACTICE! (look up videos on F2L)
  3. since u don’t want to learn ALL the damn algorithms, then do 2 look OLL and PLL or just OLL
Please don’t necropost.
Better cube? MoYu AuLong V2
@Aberdeened oh how typical, the most common cubing misconception. A new puzzle won’t drop your times significantly except for when you’re comming from a Rubik’s or Dollar store puzzle. If you relly solely on new puzzles for times to drop, you won’t get sub 30 any time soon.
Due to such necroposting, I’m gonna lock this thread.
This thread is locked.