More labels

WebsiteWebsite feature requests → More labels

I got this idea pretty much right after posting my ‘Visual Mentio notification’ thread and I also thing it might be easier to implement (not sure) on @jomo’s side.

The idea of more labels doesn’t mean adding a whole bunch more, but rather adding the ability to make custom labels.

==You chose the background colour of the label from a 24 bit RGB colour set (16.7 million colours) and type in text (probably limited to 16-ish characters).==

I think this would be a very good addition because we will no longer be limited to 5 labels and people would be able to describe their threads a tiny bit better.

EDIT:

Something like this maybe Kewl thingy

Mobile friendly? If so: +1
We can deal with weird labels.
@Mr_RedSheep why only builders+?
I think that if we implement this, everyone should be able to use it. It’s not fair to say that people with a lower rank are less mature than people with higher ranks.
Builders aren’t ranked in such a way, they are ranked to their skills, not matureity.

Mr_RedSheep you yourself have singlehandedly proven that your rank doesn’t reflect your maturity.

+1 to your idea Nemes, custom labels would be awesome! I personally think you should be able to save the label in case you want to use it again; a great time saver!

That seems great aswell @Ghirahim_

==+1==

i remove my comments: ==+1==
We all know this will be accepted so why not put this as solved ;)
@Mr_RedSheep it’s not yet implemented.
In my opinion, the way it should work, is the old labels are still there, but there is a new option, “Custom”, that brings the color picker thing up. Also, you should be able to type the color of the background.

First of all bump

Second of all i would like to see colored chats… builder+ just to be safe

Bump, the WIP one is a step forward but not close to this.
Closed - I don’t see the need and don’t want to code it
Why? I only see +1 votes, who said you had to code it?
Exactly, jomo can do it when he gets some time… You can’t say no just because you don’t want to do it…
That’s not very nice, Yummy. This thing had lots of positive feedback. It’s extra, yes, but so are other features. Keep in mind that this is a feature request, not a usefulness/efficiency competition.

It can be reopened by jomo if he wants to do it. I talked with other devs on slack and we agreed on this.

I have 3 main reasons for this decision:

1. Let’s say it’s solved. If you misspell solved and someone searches for solved threads, it won’t show up.
  2. It’s not that hard to add a new label
  3. 99% fall under one of the labels. I’m not going to code for that 1%

And you’re one to talk, PJ, since you’ve vetoed so many /lol requests.

Actually no yummy, the only Dev you talked to was me. Logal is not dev. I gave these opinions after you said that:

1. Yes and no, there would still be the normal choices, just a custom option.
  2. True, however bugging an admin to do it is annoying
  3. Fair enough

Just because you won’t, doesn’t mean that Jomo, Futsy, or even me (if I ever learn rails) won’t.

I’m reopening this.

I consider logal a Dev, as he has the knowledge to make educated decisions. You can open it if you want, but it doesn’t change my decision.
  1. Knowledge != Position
  2. He also didn’t think about the fact that there are other devs
The only thing I will say @YummyRedstone is that even though you wil not code it, doesn’t mean that it will not get added. So unless a bunch of the staff members/website coders agree that it isn’t worth it, don’t close it

It’s not that hard to add a new label

Well… do it?

99% fall under one of the labels. I’m not going to code for that 1%

Meh.

And you’re one to talk, PJ, since you’ve vetoed so many /lol requests.

Yeah, because they’re actually shit, and we have guidelines for them. There are no guidelines for feature requests, much less website ones.

Also, aren’t you all devs? Or at least at one point? (Not futs and pj)

I don’t veto that many, jeez. And it’s because they’re shite, not because I can’t be arsed.
I’m gonna be honest here. I actually don’t remember insulting you PJ. It was very early and I must not have been thinking. I’m sorry D:
Speaking of lol requests, I want to help pj manage dem^(pj you’re missing out on a few)
If you’re creating useless labels like “LOW PRIORITY” anyways, then why not do this?
low priority isn’t a useless label. It’s so that people can shut up voting still even after they said they’re working on it.
It basically means, accepted, but don’t expect us to even work on it for a while.
I explained why I didn’t think it was a good idea. If you want a bright red label called LOLOLOLOL, that’s your opinion,but it isn’t mine. We will add labels as we see appropriate.