New Free World

ArchivesFeature requests → New Free World

CLOSED

Recently, the Admins had to migrate the server to a different hardrive or something because their other one filled up. During this time they had a temporary server up, that was destroyed in minutes. So, I have an idea.

I think that a free world should be added. This is a superflat world filled with grass, that can be accessed by member+, and in this world you can do whatever you want. (PVP, blow stuff up, build slimeblock missiles, etc.)

This would be really fun, and I think a lot of players would enjoy this, judging by the amount of fun they had on the “temporary” server. Also, the server would reset every hour to 2 hours.

There would also only be 2 rules. No lag machines, and turn off all redstone clocks once you are done.

This would be a really great addition to redstoner, and I’m pretty sure that it would be enjoyed by the majority of people.

It also would be a nice replacement for snowbrawl, as I don’t think that snowbrawl ever was correctly implemented. (And besides, this sounds way more fun.)

Mine faces don’t work on me :)

You shouldn’t be allowed to blow stuff up, because a troll can go there and lag the hell out of server with like 100,000 tnt, basically crashing it.

Otherwise, it sounds exactly like trusted world (besides the reset)

Plus, there’s no way in hell you can get a snowbrawl experience in a normal flatland without command block access (please don’t suggest allowance of command blocks)

By the way, I probably should of called it a “Blow up everything in sight” world and not a “Free” world.
-1 For the reasons Thefatman mentioned.

(Campsite wifi so don’t expect to see much of me)

Yea has to be a -1. Would be disastrous and just lag the hell out of the server.
The idea isn’t bad, and the server wouldn’t lag if you did it properly. The idea is to have a separate world outside of the load able area, therefore causing no lag to the other areas. TNT is a terrible idea. If you did that, nobody would be able to do anything because of all the people blowing everything up. I like the idea, but it’s just not possible. Therefore, I regret to say -1.
this Is Redstone__Slime not DiamondMiner2005 (DiamondMiner2005 is sending this for Redstone__Slime) can’t you add something to make it so that there you can only place so much tnt?

The tnt part is indeed a downside to this idea, but the lag can easily be avoided. You could use tnt to grief other peoples' work or just destroy is by hand, I don’t know how we should deal with that and if we should deal with that. People could just do their stuff far away if they want to avoid that. Being able to use tbt is feasable as long as you can not place tnt using worldedit, and the amount of tnt you place down is tracked by a plugin which we’d have to write. Exactly how this is limited? I don’t know. Maybe a maximum per minute, or a maximum per day.

I don’t think it’s worth signing off on this idea for a flaw which can be avoided anyway.

+1 from me, but I really want to see a lot more +1’s before I think it’s worth doing this. I don’t consider it that exciting and the world would likely be empty after a week or 2, when everybody’s done with it.

-1 you can make slime block missiles and TNT contraptions in your Singleplayer world.
I Agree with @SCMath +1, with limited TNT
-1 No TNT. It would be a hub for greifers.
-1 altogether. Souds like a trusted world for non trusted.
Doesn’t look like there’s enough support for this request. Closed.