[EXPLOITABLE]: Unauthorized Block placing on others plot

ArchivesProblems & bugs → [EXPLOITABLE]: Unauthorized Block placing on others plot

SOLVED

I accidentaly discovered this bug, but I managed to place a block without perms from the plot owner. I also managed to destroy that same block I placed. I managed to place them ONLY on a contraption known as the Slime block conveyer. The messege still popped up saying that I can’t place the block here but it still got placed. I could also destroy that block. Please fix this issue with plotme.

Was it really a block or did it only look like it?

F3 -> looking at: ???

Place it, relog. It may just be a ghost block. Also ask me or some other staff who aren’t busy to look into it for you.

Here is what I think happened.

1. You try to place the block.
  2. Slimeblock conveyer moves it, and at the same time the server removes it.
  3. The block still renders, as the client thinks its still there, since it is in a different spot, but it is only a ghost block since the server removed it.

1. You break the block.
  2. Server tries to place back the block you broke, but the server updates it and removes it, making it disappear.

Note by jomo: fixed your Markdown

@jomo Yep, you’re right. It is infact a ghost block. I didn’t think it was because I didn’t know that slime conveyers and plotme can create ghost blocks.

This issue is solved, I guess

@FullyStealth if its solved, mark it as solved ;)

marked as solved