Split chat

ArchivesFeature requests → Split chat

CLOSED

1st of all, I love the website @redstone_sheep and the art is amazing coloartz. now for the actual suggestion, just before me typing this @Dico200 posted that we need to separate chat a bit. My suggestion is either you get a plugin with options to the other side of chat on bukkit, or sheep or another admin makes a new plugin. the plugin is simple; one side of the chat is for joins, leaves, both types of AFK, helpers , moderators and admins (and the badmin!)and maybe even trusted rank. the other half is for normal chat; guests, members and builders (depending on if you put trusted on the other side). I hope you like my idea sheep and all other admins! Have a nice day all!! ==barrygold21==
There are a number of plugins for servers that mimic what tabbychat does for clients. Lots of them are pretty bulky (HeroChat) but it’s worthwhile to find some lightweight alternatives.

No sheepy,

barryderp21 → hello + random_player redstone_sheep → hi \o/ random_player is now AFK eniallator → hi barry - foobar

oh.. how do you get that format? well… basically the chat is the same on both sides.. no “gaps” (ha ha.. see what I did there!?) or breaks in the chat; so the same flow as normal chat… it only shows joins, both AFK types and leaves in a constant flow as well, so only that… also you colud add an option in the server plugin property files to include the mention plugin too so you can get messages using the mention plugin like this

everyones chat (left side) [lol] barrygold21: = No backup at all! Nightshade32 → barrygold21 are you free? barrygold21 → Not right now Nightshade32 :/

right side (barrygold21)

• Bob Nightshade32 → are you free? right side (Nightshade32) barrygold21 → Not right now :/

@redstone_sheep, how do you stop the quote format? do you simply press enter/ return twice? which fits in well due to my next question I can test xD

Code blocks

How do you get those?

==Edit==

Don’t worry about my first question now

@redstone_sheep

Not possible unless we delay chat which kinda sucks

Well, I think I know a way :P

EDIT: At least it will be insanely resource heavy, I can try it out in java, maybe thats better. We don’t want the server to crash because of a chatting plugin haha

Well, I think I know a way :P

Well I’m interested in this. Also: It’s an honour to have you reply on my post Dico :D