KMAGamesMC (KMAMinecraftDude)

RedstonerAppeals → KMAGamesMC (KMAMinecraftDude)

CLOSED

This doesn’t really follow the guidelines in any way but he’s requesting to be unbanned:

pic

Idrk, I`ve never heard of him before.
Well he doesn’t say in his comment what he did, so, what did he do what caused the ban?
He isn’t banned he is free to join the server i checked on redstoner with /seen

@DaanNos /seen doesn’t a count for anyone who was banned before the 1.8 update. Also anyone who was banned before 1.8 update gets the Ban Reason ‘Banned By An Operator’

Anyway I am going to Input on this, I am friends with KMAGamesMC on another creative server, He is a really nice guy who fits in to a community well.

He gave some information regarding his ban: pic
if someone can confirm this, that would be great of course ^^

Well I dont remember that guy (if I’ve even seen him). “About a year ago”, sounds like a lot of time to be accused and banned for something he apparently didn’t even do. I think that it’s been long enough that unless someone can confirm his ban worthy he should be given a chance to play, but if he does anything against the rules a ban should be given.

Just my opinion ^.

Since It’s been more than a year since his ban, I think it would be a good idea to let him back on the server and see what happens.

What is the point of permanent bans if you just go around unbanning everyone after a year or two.

http://www.mcbans.com/player/28700932/ Maybe griefing was his ban?

Also @jomo do you have some old backups of logs? we could check that.

Ok first of all it’s 3 am so don’t kill me if this doesn’t make any sense:

Anyway, I think that the thing about people is that they learn from their own mistakes, at least most normal people do and they often do not redo their mistakes. Then there are people who actually don’t give a shit and those are the people who should stay banned.

And maybe Pan, but we don’t personally know how it went.

As well as the way he claims that he was wrongly banned, I’m gonna be honest and say that I’m not sure what to do with this case.

Exactly, you don’t know how it went so its pretty reasonable not to take the risk
“I think permanent bans should be debatable depending on the user. Everyone makes mistakes, and sometimes you just have to forgive. You’re not going to be thrown in jail for life for vandalism, which is pretty similar to griefing. In the end, everything gets rolled back and no harm was done. Yes, the person may have had malicious intent and may have caused inconvenience, but that doesn’t mean their dark side is their only side. Everyone has a fuse. and sometimes it just gets burned down and they go into a rage, taking out their anger on people who don’t deserve it. But does that mean they can’t be kind, does it mean they don’t have a good side? People evaluating ban appeals tend to only look at what was done. In real life, the jury will look at the past criminal record of the person. If they haven’t committed any crimes in the past, they’ll likely get a lighter punishment. I say that it shouldn’t be up to a single admin or mod, but also the community surrounding the incident. Where you argue that the community may be biased towards people they like, I argue that means that they are good people who are liked and contribute to the community. If someone does far more good than bad, I think they deserve a second chance, but they need to learn a lesson from it. If they’re the exact same person they were after the ban as they were before, then they’re likely to break the rules again. If you think about it, all banworthy acts are abuse. Griefing is abuse of the trust of the plot owner. Spam is abuse of the chat. Insulting staff is abuse of the trust everyone has for one another, the trust that everyone will have at least some common ettiquite. No matter how serious the abuse, given enough time, a person can grow beyond the state in which they want to commit such an abuse. Jail is meant to teach a lesson to those who need it and keep people who abuse society away from society. Bans should be the same way. Unless the person is consistently abusing or has commited multiple large abuses, they should be allowed to show that they have learned a lesson from their punishment. After all, that’s what punishments are for” - @ViperLordX
This thread is locked.