Quadino

Off topicElectronics → Quadino

Soo… I’m getting an Arduino for my birthday! I was thinking of making a quadcopter with AI and cover it with 10 ultrasonic sensors (for arduino) so it can fly around (with a time limit) in any axis. If there is a junction of any kind, it will randomly choose a direction to go into. After the time period it has to travel, it will return with all data (from its ultrasonic sensors) on where it has been. I will then make a program to decode that and turn it ino an image. The quadcopter is going to be run with four helicopter engines and four sets of blades. Sorry for my horrific sentence creating, but I will need “some” help on this xD.
I more or less just need to make a custom pcb for the controls, but I don’t exactly how to make the circuitry. Fyi, I know how to solder.
Eagle + toner transfer + hydrogen peroxide + HCL = Fancy pcb
Fyi i HIGHLY suggest you buy some flux spray, and spray the pcb once its dry, it will prevent oxidation and make soldering a dream :)
I just realised I didn’t need an extra pcb, the arduino already supplies what I need. (Ofc I’m making manual control first)
@PanFritz you missed something… UV exposion
Not with toner transfer silly sally
I didn’t look into that @PanFritz
Its quite cool, you print your pcb on some glossy paper or magazine paper, then put it ink down to the pcb and compress it with an iron or a laminator, then throw it in water for half an hour or so, until the paper is soft and you can pull it off and the ink sticks to the pcb. Then you just etch it :)

:) I forgot you could use glossy paper.. I was looking into toner paper xD @PanFritz

Oh, and thanks for all the tips you gave me, I’m getting all my components in 2 weeks (making several striped down arduinos)

Fyi it needs to be a laser printer in case you missed that, and magazine paper works the best for me, as thin as i can get it :)