Nyxis Ban

RedstonerAppeals → Nyxis Ban

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

temporary 1 day

Ban/Demotion reason

Rule 16

What I have done wrong

I have kept quiet for a while now about a kill pot i believe to have held in my untouched inventory from when i was staff

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

Rule 16 States: Do not create, share, or use potions that can kill players (in creative) or can cause players to crash. Unreasonably high speed potions are also banned.

• I have not used the potion on anybody… and I see no reason to. I have held this potion since i was staff, which was a while ago… I removed the item from somebody’s inventory…^(I scared)

I have not shared, created the potion, or used it… so therefore i have not broken rule 16.

Also hacker gave no warning before the ban, and neither was i aware in 4 weeks since my demotion that i was in posession.

I have kept quiet for a while now about a kill pot

So you knew it was wrong and kept it anyway? That is a no no.

I have not used the potion on anybody

Are we suppose to thank you?

hacker gave no warning before the ban

Moderators should not have to warn Trusted Rank users of following such a serious rule.

neither was i aware in 4 weeks since my demotion that i was in posession

That is your mistake.

So you knew it was wrong and kept it anyway? That is a no no.

Never knew, I only use my hotbar for redstone, strangely enough.

Moderators should not have to warn Trusted Rank users of following such a serious rule.

Still, I followed the rule which stated no using, creating or sharing!

That is your mistake.

I can see that now…

You seen the item there all you had to do was remove it and warn him. You did this same thing about a week ago banning someone without a warning for an illegal item and @Doomblah can confirm that! Than abh starts to talk and you tell him to “STFU”. That is no respect to a player as we did not say anything disrespectful to you! Here is a picture to prove what you told abh [http://puu.sh/jGvZl/3e98c4d54d.jpg]!

@MRoudone

True it was a little vulgar. It was in responce to him stating 2 facts that were and are not true. He almost got banned for Rule 14 a few days ago. But all of that is off topic.

@Nyxis

I am trying to help you by giving you a reduced punishment. Please understand where we are coming from. You were once staff, and know how rules and enforcement works.

You say they were false but he still has a right to an opinion. Also when abh “disrespected” you there was no warning to him????!!!!
@HackerAttacker Probably could’ve asked people to check their enderchests and inventories first :p

I do not know everything on this debate, and perhaps my say doesn’t matter, but I’ll put my speculation out there. I believe that Nyx should not have had the kill pot in his inventory, and that it was something that needed to be corrected. However, no warning was issued, and no rule was technically broken. Though Nemes states his opinion as hacker quoted, it is not fair to enforce it as it is not an official rule. So I believe that both parties made mistakes, and as you learn best by experience, that both parties can use this experience to avoid similar issues in the future. Thanks.

-L0rd

wait, were those Misa-heads illegal?

I didn’t know about that.

The Speed + 2.5 one is illegal, yes
I had one a long time ago, though I deleted it.

you think you didn’t break a rule cause you didn’t share create or use it right?

either way, you should know not to even possess that potion. (“but I’m not breaking the rule!"), technically, you are breaking the rule because the rule states “dont share the potion.” if we don’t want people to share the potion, that’s obviously because we don’t want people to POSSESS it. which is what you did.

if we don’t want people to share the potion, that’s obviously because we don’t want people to POSSESS it. which is what you did.

States nothing about the consequences of holding one… plus it was from a while ago, removing it from somebody else’s inventory and giving them a warning, followed by a ban because they made another iirc^(Sorry @Deeedo If i’m being a little mean)

So I believe that both parties made mistakes, and as you learn best by experience, that both parties can use this experience to avoid similar issues in the future. Thanks.

So true…

(Hacker’s image because i am lazy)

But that was in his opinion… not an enforced rule…^(I’m sorry hacker, i know you’re trying to help me out here)

^(> Though Nemes states his opinion as hacker quoted, it is not fair to enforce it as it is not an official rule.) ^(Sorry l0rd I missed reading that xDDDDDD)

Ok just giving my honest opinion here, doesn’t have to be right nor wrong.

As Nyx said, he took the potions from another persons inventory when he was staff - in that way helping the staff. I then imagine that he forgot to throw the potion away but he never used it nor shared it.

I think that both sides have valid points to be taken into consideration but I think that the ban should be at least reduced if not lifted.

I’m gonna be honest and say that I don’t use parts of my inventory other than my hotbar a lot since it easily get’s messy and I don’t feel the need to use it. This means that stuff like kill pots could be lost.

I’m not saying Nyx didn’t do anything wrong, but I can see it being an honest accident within an action of helping us by removing the kill pot from another player.

I agree with sebbe & and I’m on nyx’s side, he should be lifted & it should be reduced.

-Skyflip

Rule 16 States: Do not create, share, or use potions that can kill players (in creative) or can cause players to crash. Unreasonably high speed potions are also banned.

I just checked the rules and it actually says:

Do not create, share, possess, or use potions that can kill players (in creative) or can cause players to crash. Unreasonably high speed potions are also banned.

Foggy, he only just found out he had it, so technically, he didnt have it.
I swear somebody changed it… Somebody’s playing unfair here… Staff…

Foggy, he only just found out he had it, so technically, he didnt have it.

Oh okay, tbh I don’t really know what Im talking about as I don’t play here.

But still I feel Nyx’s ban may be unjustified because he didn’t cause any harm with them and he never touched the pot’s.

I swear somebody changed it… Somebody’s playing unfair here… Staff…

I can ask BitByte whether the rules were changed or not.

@Nyxis I changed the rule to remove all future discussions concerning these potions.

@Nyxis I changed the rule to remove all future discussions concerning these potions.

I understand that the rule needed to be made more clear but, I think this ban should be removed because it wasn’t clear when the ban was made.

Hacker, Do you remember the time you got really annoyed because eniallator had a go at you for sending a YT link to pan, saying it was ‘Advertisement’ because the rules were not made ‘very clear’ about it, This is how Nyx feels right now.

Hacker, next time say when you change the rule.

The way this punishment is being handled honestly saddens me.

If you are punishing a trusted player that doesn’t give you the right to just ban the player without warning them first.

Additionally @Nyxis didn’t even break the original rule, he was banned on a technicality. Changing rules mid appeal without warning is also not a good practice.

The best part about this thread is the fact that Hacker coincidentally changed the rule to favor his side of the argument. This is one of many reasons why it’s glad to not be a part of staff anymore.¯_(ツ)_/¯
@HackerAttacker Why did you close it? The ban discussion hasn’t reached a consensus… yet…
@BitByte is right! now you end the thread when so many people are against you and you have nothing valid to say @HackerAttacker! Something needs to change her to make it equal to all players! Even if they are trusted shouldn’t make them treated different from any other player on the server!
@BitByte I totally agree with you, and especially the way of communicating about changing the rule / closing this thread.

Just noticed the thread was closed… Gee I wonder why…

I am assuming hacker is the one who closed it, but I’m not 100% sure.

For whoever did close it however, I can safely say that closing an appeal to an unjust punishment isn’t going to make your problems disappear. In fact you probably made it much worse.

Bit, It was hacker

Last edited 2 hours ago by ⒽⒶⒸⓀⒺⓇ.

Oh wonderful. @HackerAttacker you aren’t making a very good case for yourself right now.

Okay there is loads of things wrong with this ban.

A. This ban appeal is Closed but Unfinished. @HackerAttacker

B. Hacker here is a quote of something you said before you became staff

This is a clear incident where a Mod is arguing with a Admin about something that isn’t a rule and trying to change shit on the spot. Mods are there to enforce rules, not fucking change them and accuse people of stuff I would never do. -_-

Your basically making a right scene of yourself and being a massive hypocrite.

@jomo please solve this.

@HackerAttacker if you think by not replying this will all go away, It won’t.

Changed the label again, for relevance’s sake

All credit to the image goes to DrCub

Wow. I didn’t realize y’all commented on a Closed thread.

I changed it to evaded future arguments, not try to back my argument on this case.

I agree, at the time of the ban, Rule 16 did not technically state possessing was illegal. He was banned on the fact that he knew very well it was wrong. (since he is former staff)

His ban will be lifted in a few hours.

I have banned a few people recently for possessing such items. I suggest you all go read and make sure you are following all rules.

Pfff, it wasn’t wrong holding one afaik… Even back when i was staff and read the rules over and over

His ban will be lifted in a few hours.

Yea, because if you closed the argument, people totally won’t wonder why it failed to lift, and also closing the appeal technically means that you were right the entire time (which, by majority, was not) so solving it and unbanning me would be nice to hide this, since we both know you and i love technicalities.

^(if you’re going to live a life on the technicality side, so will I.)

Edit: oi pan, I didn’t even fucking knew i had it… I don’t look in my inv a lot

@HackerAttacker

Like i said, SAY WHEN YOU CHANGE A RULE. Its not hard. Cuz who checks the rules every 20 mins?

Lol this is ridiculous… And all the rest of the staff aren’t doing shit about this

So despite the OBVIOUSNESS that having the damn thing is also against the rules, because it can be with intent to use / supply, it is not listed under the rules, that fault will be fixed.

As far as this case goes however, i firmly believe you knew well that you shouldn’t have it, perhaps a warning should have been issued before the ban i feel this case should be left alone and letting the punishment take its course. As far as @HackerAttacker im sure you’ve learned from this and will take it a tad slower next time.

Imo people should always be told why they are banned before the ban, to give them time to react. This was never a subject of staff conversation but now that it’s brought up I thought I’d express my very own opinion here. When I used to be active I often noticed that staff doesn’t always see the entire picture/situation before making the call to ban somebody. Of course, it is usually obvious, but not always, and therefore people should always be able to respond if they feel the ban would be off. I guess if they are AFK (or offline), this doesn’t apply.
This thread is locked.