Everything log

ArchivesFeature requests → Everything log

CLOSED

My request is that Redstoner should have a log that will log every action of any player (commands (can deter illegal potions), looking in chests, movement, building, EVERYTHING). This will help deter many illegal activities on Redstoner.

I am aware that it may be INSANELY hard to code or it would take an INSANELY long time to code, but it would be very beneficial. I have an experience of someone (unknown to me or staff) stealing from my SV shop, but if that feature was there at that time, staff could find out who did it. The experience above is an example of how limited LogBlock is, because it only logs building related information.

We could call it “PlayerLog” or something.

Between console logs (which records chat and commands) and LogBlock (which records block changing and inventories) I feel like there’s no need for an entirely new plugin that is 100% redundant.
Interesting idea, wouldn’t take long to code either, but I fear it would be nothing but yet another database for stuff almost nobody uses. as @zombachu said, I personally find it unneeded too. LogBlock and console logs combined are pretty much the same as this could ever be.
We need this for all /up griefers!
I think this would be a bad idea. What about storage? If this happened, every day the old things would have to be deleted because it would fill up too much space.
As like nalaek said storage could be a problem Database would be filled with useless stuff. But ! If we can only highlight the important things that would be nice.
This would be handy if it was permitted to ALL players unlike logblock (I probably don’t know the command anyways)

Well, about that being robbed from my SV shop example… Hacker showed (via screenshot) that when he checked LogBlock, no information about who used the chests was available. it just showed who and when placed the chests.

I may be wrong. If I am, then this thread is useless.

Perhaps my memory is mistaken, but I’m pretty sure that you CAN use log lock to show chest accesses (it’s an lb tool option and very easy to use). If you’d like I can attempt to find out who accessed it tonight when I get home. I do not know what all hacker did, but that’s just my current knowledge of the plugin.
For a reason of LogBlock misconfiguration inventory interactions weren’t logged in all survival worlds. After realising the world names had changed behind the scenes at some point (not relevant for normal players), I renamed the old configs with the new names and after a quick (not so smooth because spigot decided to crash) restart, LogBlock now (as of 27-8-2015) logs inventory interaction, which leads me to the conclusion of suggesting this thread for being marked as closed (@SCMath).

Further discussion here is now unnecessary.

Marked as Closed