Should we reset the sv/tsv worlds?

RedstonerCommunity vote → Should we reset the sv/tsv worlds?

They are becoming dead (mainly tsv) and new trusted ppls feel discouraged to plat because it is all mined out.

vote yes or no and if you want, why

Y.E.S.

been wanting this for a while. there’s a lot of grief or just random blocks, all diamond and mine related stuff have been taken by previous players, and things just look not good. :/

People will be upset about losing items so maybe they can be allowed to store it somewhere till the reset is complete? idk.

No, unless you give the items back to the people after the reset.
when will it be learnt that resetting the surival worlds doesn’t make surival more popular (maybe for 4 or 5 days) redstoner is primarily a creative server. there’s never going to be as much of a demand for survival on a creative server, since i don’t play on survival i’m not really entitled to vote, but i think resetting it would be pointless
I say when activity is very low in SV/TSV, it will be good to reset. To be honest, I think keeping items through a reset is not good, because it is like carrying blocks into a new world. Survival is a good break from creative building (addressing Arma); however, you are correct: this is a freebuild server, but back to my point, SV is a good break; therefore, we should take care of the SV world.
it’s not about making it popular @Armadillo28 its about resetting it to start fresh on a nice new world giving new guys a chance to mine and stuff. also the current sv world looks so crappy imo -_-
As long as a backup of the world is kept for old players to get their stuff back!
Heeeey. no. We are really good on tsv at the moment There is no need for reset.

Yes. Both worlds are in need of reset. Especially normal sv.

PS: Could I get a copy of the tsv world right before it resets? I have.. Reasons. :3

@InsertFunnyIGN ehh… probably no—well, idk we will see. I’ll get back to you on that soon.
Well I mean the current one btw… :P
@InsertFunnyIGN ok if we reset it we probably will give you the old map. :)
Thanks! :3 (sorry for going so offtopic btw.)
I feel that there should be done more when someone gets griefed on normal sv.
No, why do you always want to reset survivals ? It’s so useless : no one play them even if they are reset… And keeping stuff isn’t a solution : every big farms(aka endermen farm) are deleted too. Secondly i’m ok to reset it when we’ll update to 1.9 cause lot of things changes but not before.
Personally the only reason i would like to see them reset is because of the whole keep inventory shenanigans that happened at the start of it
I would say keepInventory on again in sv if there’s a reset… Everyone who plays on sv likes it that way since we don’t have /home
In tsv’s reset idc what you choose I can’t play there anyways xD
I agree with misa, it isn’t exactly smart to reset before 1.9 update. On another note, I held a big poll the other day for people to vote on keepInventory and a lot of other things, and we won’t be changing anything.
No comment… I never play in survival But for the people that do I think that @HackerAttacker is right when he says that we should get our stuffs back So yes from me
Personally, I have put a lot of time and effort into the sv world, and wouldn’t want to see all my work destroyed. Maybe we could have moderators make schematics of our bases, especially if they are really elaborate and we put a lot of time into them. I really don’t want to loose all the work I’ve done.

Xav.. dat spam doe

Again, with 1.9 and all that.

So, I say that we should reset when 1.9 comes, or reset when major activity is very low.

AbstractM, I accidentally closed the page while typing it. It must have duplicated or something.
personally, i think we should try the world in 1.9 before actually resetting it since big farms like the XPender and gold farm and Guardian Farm. I think that we should test the world in 1.9 and if it works, then keep it like it is. If not, then we can discuss it. Happy redstoning! :)
oh wow, grammar error- i meant that big farms like the XPender and gold farm and Guardian Farm will be removed as well

I agree with Misa and Dico that this is not a good idea before the 1.9 update, as that update is quickly approaching, and it would make more sense to reset then instead of now.

I’m not sure about the state of the normal SV world, but TSV is very nice at the moment. There are still projects underway in the TSV world, and resetting will simply delay progression and fun projects.

As we all know, early-game survival can be quite tedious, and slows down players from actually building what they want to build. As it is, most of the active TSV players are in the end-game stages of the game. This means that not as much time has to be spent on gathering resources to build interesting things.

(Note: When the SV and TSV worlds are inevitably reset, it’d be great to have world downloads of the original map.)

Looks like you guys should reset SV when 1.9 comes along, but keep TSV the same.
Please no SV reset. I really hate having to go back to using stone and iron tools. :P Although some of the builds look crapy AF, I think we should just have some staff members fly through and destroy all the builds that are clearly unused.
I will suggest restarting SV, and with new rules. Mainly because when I play sv it feels like playing factions and someone will raid you when you’re offline.
As for the argument of new guys that want a fresh start: if thats a big deal to us we might as well reset it every two weeks. The world is infinitely big by the way, so stop saying that everything is mined. There is plenty of space to mine in and build in if you wish to play survival, and if you go there it will feel like a fresh start for you.

@Dico200 yes, I see what you are saying and to an extent I agree. Yes, you can find ores if you go far into the map. Yes, it’s basically a fresh start. HOWEVER, go to /tsv for example, it’s not a bunch of clobby clustered ew houses and grief everywhere, it’s a CLEAN and nice COMMUNITY of players that help each other build for example bases roads minecart systems shops farms it’s epic!

I don’t think many find /sv attractive as there is so much messy stuff and grief and, I know you could go far away and have a new start but you gotta admit, it’s so much better being able to build WITH the community, NEATLY, and TOGETHER, helping connect roads helping build bases its SO MUCH MORE FUN.

I think /tsv SHOULD NOT be reset. I do think /sv should be though, as way to many former members have proved bannable because of grief.

I think reset the end world when 1.9 comes out. but if u feel like starting over, walk 2000+ blocks out and start from scratch, its essentially the same thing.
Well, personally, I think the people who actually play normal SV frequently should have a say, and like I said, test the worlds in 1.9. The end may be reset, but doens’t mean we have to reset all the other worlds since I know that many people are still active in SV. I, in fact play SV everyday and I would hate to my base be reset since I spent many a hours working on it. Same goes for TSV, although I don’t know much about TSV.
also @deeeedo, its not ALL cobblestone houses mess haphazard all over the place. I mean, just look at Text’s community and TheDJoe’s area (minus curt’s bridge lol), its quite nice there. Although, I mean, if it comes down to having the world reset, I guess I would rather have 1.9 than 1.8 (since it would improve performance, and also a better seed @mods :D). But, if possible, I would like to keep sv the way it is
Yeah just reset in 1.9, and reset the end now I wanna murder the fkn dragon

yes

we beat minecraft

nothing else to do

no one plays it

BUT you should not reset tsv iv seen it. it looks good

you know what~ screw it, let’s reset there is no community other than Iondecaf (TheDJoe) anyways and _Text (can’t forget about him)

I want to play a brand new SV, something that will spark interest to everyone and it might invite more people to join (who knows :P). buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut. . . I think a few changes are in order

1. “DE-LAG” the sv world PLEASE. Maybe it’s a connection issue, but whenever I try to join the sv world, lag is happening. For. Five. Straight. Minutes. before the chat message that I put in the chat appears. Afterwards it’s fine, but if there’s a zombie by where I respawn, then I’m stuck in a death loop until a miracle happens since the lag happens when I respawn as well. I have no idea what causes this and I want to know (thanks in advance :D)
  2. Mob-griefing- Yep, creepers can now blow up my house. Oh well, endermen can take away my diamond blocks. So what? Villagers can now breed! (hue hue hue hue hue) If we are all very concerned about these things, we could a) creepers-use the solutions that other servers use b) endermen- use hermitcraft’s solution. Also, keep the member+ requirement, that is good, Logblock? worldguard, and allow water to wipe out redstone/torches/etc- it may prove frustrating to people, but it’s part of the game! :D

bump! Now 1.9 is out, I think it’s a good idea for discussion to continue.

@Crazy2Larry We can’t exactly stop the whole redstone thing you mentioned…. Dico kinda wrote a plugin that means the redstone-water conflict DOESN’T happen, and it just so happens we can’t change it for seperate worlds. Sorry.

Uhh i would agree to reset /sv , it looks like shit atm D: i mean cmon, bases? Secret shit? CMON we are a community, we share, we help, and other shit.. if everyone worked together on /sv this will be a good reset if everyone is collaborative, sooo i dont mind if my hard work is reset, cause ya know… it looks like sh!t, i explored a few parts of the /sv world and yes,looks like shit ‘,’
I think we should NOT do this, I worked really hard on my house and I have great memories. If 1.9 is coming then we should reset, but before that no way!

One problem @Mr_RedSheep , 1.9 IS out. So therefore I support a reset in SV.

My experiance in SV has basicaly been ruined because I have to build my base THOUSANDS of blocks away from spawn. One day we should really be a community in sv, so I can ACTUALLY play with some builder friends with skills I don’t have. TSV isnt as fun as it looks with so little members actually commiting to it.

@FullyStealth 1.9 IS out, but redstoner is still in 1.8.

@FullyStealth i agreed, the survival community looks like crap, it even looks like trash lmao, griefed shit everywhere.. tho i wont recommend updating to 1.9 YET :P

Oh also.. we should make even more sv worlds tbh, a /sv that is builder-worthy and one for the ones member-worthy :P idk its just my opinion since… you know…

This thread is starting to get old but, since we are mainly a creative server, that idea is just stupid. We won’t have more survival worlds than creative worlds. I’m sure if we counted the amount of survival players and divided them equally over the worlds we have now, you would see that they are quite empty most of the time.
We have three survival worlds, perhaps getting rid is the secret staff one would be helpful hint hint
@Doomblah have we not got rid of that yet? Nobody even uses it!
/gc it’s still there…
That was more of an issue for staff slack bro.
@Dico200 We’ve tried discussing it but nobody will respond (or at least with a straight answer). I think the only person who wanted to keep it was Pan anyway, we should just delete it.
Yea, obviously! Go :D I mean it was called ‘penis’… Of course only Pan wanted it xD :D
So we agree to get rid of it?