Better Broadcast

ArchivesFeature requests → Better Broadcast

CLOSED

I think we should replace the “saving world” and “deleting chunks” messages on the broadcast with more useful information.

Why?

Our current broadcast is pretty useless, and shouldn’t be broadcasted to everyone on the server, all it does is clutter up chat. Instead, I think the broadcast should display some FAQs or tips such as “use /set slab to disable/enable automatic top-half slabs!" or “Guests! sign up on the website to gain access to the member rank!" or "/gmc is faster than /gamemode 1!" This will help many new comers or even old players to know the server and plugins better. It will also partially stop FAQs such as “Why do slabs place weird??” or “why does my hotbar go into my inventory?”. In addition, i think players should be able to disable the broadcast if they want to. The current broadcast may be useful for admins/mods, but it doesn’t need to be displayed to the whole server.

“Guests! sign up on the website to gain access to the member rank!”

This makes us sound like one of those horrible profit driven servers who need money for ranks.

Why do slabs place weird??

You can simply request things like this by putting it in the Answer bot thread.

I find those really interesting and kinda cool, imo I think your idea is a bit redundant because we have answer bot, and anyway it’s more exciting when you discover an alias such as /gmc being faster than /gamemode 1 because it gives you a sense of achivement.

Damn you spoiled it! I didn’t know about /gmc!