Compensation for damage caused by "/stoplag"

ArchivesProblems & bugs → Compensation for damage caused by "/stoplag"

CLOSED

Note: sorry if this looks bad; I’m making this post on an LG Xpression 2 with 3G. Go nolstalgia… and shit phones with very long battery life…? :-P

I request that damage in the SV world should be compensated that is caused by “/stoplag”.

My reason: “/stoplag” clears all entities in all worlds, including farm animals in SV or villagers. We could compensate by having staff spawning in the desired entities, but spawn eggs have a flaw. Instead, we could implement a entity rollback system, like the block rollback (in LogBlock?).

huh. I could see this happening actually. a lot of people lately have been asking Mods to spawn villagers etc because they do /stopleg

:/

+10 from me

Apparently, people can just falsely ask for an undo that was caused by their own wrong doing by pretending that damage was caused by a previous “/stoplag” issuing. So, I think there should be some testing for genuineness:

1. Using a entity change logger to check killing of entities (if killed by player, then it’s not genuine)
  2. Any damage must be reported within a few hours (maybe four hours) after issuing of “/stoplag” (know issuing time by checking console)

If anyone reports damage, and the requirements are not met, then staff may punish the false reporter for bothering and disrespecting staff.

I have had this issue on synergy. However, there is no simple way of entity checking. There’s one flaw, since a dead mob has no remains other than the items, which yield no evidence that the mobs were there.

Or you could just annoy the hell out of the person who caused the lag in the first place to give you back your 160 cows.

@Nyx, I had a suggestion of an “Everything Log”. Like LogBlock, that “everything log” would log every possible thing that could happen, which would include entity changes. Now, like LogBlock, our good administrators could write up a plugin that would log all entity changes (maybe even players: this could add as a good tool to track down people who use creative kill potions), including the time of spawn, the time of death, and the player that did it. Now, having that plugin logging the time of death and who did it, we can check for genuineness with that plugin, and then know whether it is genuine or not.

I have looked into WorldGuard for this issue and it’s easy to exclude certain worlds from this damage. I changed it up but I never managed to compile it with maven, and after asking jomo to compile it numerous times it never happened :/

Moved to Problems and bugs, fixed title

I don’t know of recent updates on the worldguard issue but I’m looking on github now. It looks like jomo has also been making changes since, so it should be compiled actually.