A Message to Viper...

RedstonerOther → A Message to Viper...

Dear Viper,

Thank you for temporarily banning me on Redstoner for telling a “your mom” joke. Just another reason why this server is degrading. I would also like to note that I did not intend to be the instigator during our argument, but the fact that anyone else would’ve told the same joke, you singled me out because I’m on “thin ice”. Yes, I have made some poor decisions, yes, I make mistakes, but what really agitated me was that I was banned upon a biased decision. Thanks for that as well; I’ll add that to my list of why this place “is not a server, but is a circus that’s being run by an oligarchy headed by an oppressive and oblivious ruler and his supporters who happen to be his best friends.” Good day.

Sincerely, Skrileton

(P.S. Delete this whenever you want, it’s just a message :P)

Weren’t you banned for arguing and disrespecting staff, not the joke?

Dear Skrileton,

My temporary ban was completely justified. In fact, you’re lucky you didn’t get a permanent ban. I did not punish you for making a joke, I simply gave you an informal warning, meaning it was not going to count towards a punishment and was not considered an offense. You then began arguing and disrespecting players and staff. Arguing, in my opinion, is fine, but not when the same arguments have been presented numerous times and have already been countered validly. I, nor any of the staff, are corrupt, nor oblivious. We are here to fulfill a purpose, and that is exactly what I did in this scenario. If I were truly that cruel, I would have permanently banned you on the first offense, but I didn’t. Note that you were once one of the “oligarchs,” and you were demoted to member for two serious offenses. To be frank, at this point, a permanent ban would have been completely justified given how many serious offenses you have had in such a short amount of time. If you decide to continue with your current behavior, I can assure you will end up with a permanent ban. If I were to ask any player or staff on the server who witnessed it, they would agree that my actions are justified. If you hadn’t argued with me in the first place against what was nothing which would affect you permanently. It was simply a warning to PREVENT you from getting punished by your actions, but you decided to argue with it instead.

Sincerely, Viper

Dear Viper,

I find this entire predicament laughable. First off, one of those “serious offenses” was an act towards a (technically) non-staff member. I was demoted for an unjustified reason. And no, it wasn’t just an informal warning. I stated after you told me to “watch what I say”, I told you, and everyone else on the server that it was a joke. But no, you refused to accept that. Instead, you brought up my previous experiences on the server to strengthen your argument. And yes, to put it bluntly and simply, I was banned for telling a joke. I was reprimanded for telling a joke, which seems stupid in and of itself in such a ridiculous game. I came on there to do Redstone, no to for the server to turn on me. And if the staff team wasn’t so oblivious to their previous actions, then maybe you would understand why I said it was corrupt.

Sincerely, Skrileton

How many people witnessed this poor show again?

Dear Skrileton,

I personally wasn’t there for what has occured but all I can tell is that you are being plain spiteful. If this were a situation where you were staff and a player was doing this to you, you would have done the exact same thing. Before you go mad, put yourself in vipers shoes.

P.S, You were demoted from trusted because what you did made us lack trust in you.

Sincerely, Evan

Mmmk gumsie anybody else
DrakePHOSE, _Eli (was online at the time, not sure if afk or not)
ryan1573, shingowanatabe
My bad, SJWest10 not shingo
@Skrileton Your previous actions and attitude toward the people on the server (staff especially) has been very negative in general, and I believe you’ve spent an awful lot more time taking unnecessary and spiteful shots at us than you have been on to “do Redstone”. Also, quite frankly, your previous actions DO directly effect the way you will be treated in the future, and not expecting such is completely unreasonable. Being respectful to staff IS a rule, as is the 19th item in the rules: Keep in mind that if you get kicked from the server often, you might get demoted, (temporarily) banned or temporarily muted. This decision is on the staff’s behalf. Therefore yes, you will be on a much tighter rope after making several previous offenses, whether you like it or not. If you do not like our rules, do not play on the server.
@ViperLordX The thing is I was demoted for exposing the alt account of a non-staff member. I don’t see the logic or reasoning behind that at all.
While @skriletons tone might not be the most appropriate for the forums, I can’t say he is completely wrong here. There is no logic behind demoting him for exposing a “non-staff” members alt. Let alone is there a rule against it.
There is a pretty well known rule not to give out information that only staff know, he was trusted with the information and also explicitly warned about the consequences. Failure to keep said information private results in the breach of trust.

Firstly \o/

Secondly from the information that Skrileton has given me and from what i can read from this thread my points are as follows.

• @PanFritz you have said that Skrileton was trusted with information that you had an alt account and was warned of the consequences. Now the consequences of this happening are that Skrileton has been demoted from not just trusted but also from builder down to member. That consequence already is way too over the top and needs to be reconsidered before hand. Before this incident how long did you, @PanFritz think you would get away with this until someone eventually and inevitably found out?

• @PanFritz you then said that “Failure to keep said information private results in the breach of trust”. This i agree with and makes sense but as i have said the punishment is ridiculous and needs to be rethought.

The punishment was originaly warned as a perma ban, i believe reducing it to member rank demotion is fair, on top of that him showing immense levels of immaturity when it comes to dealing with consequences to his own actions by taking it out on other people, sparking up non existing arguments and complaints to doing things out of nothing but spite the sentence to member will not be reduced. However now as before he can always earn builder rank back.

@PanFritz you have said “However now as before he can always earn builder rank back”. If he got up to builder before and even staff then surely he has already earned builder rank. The guidelines for the builder rank are a shown (copied from the website under the ranks tab):

As the name implies, builders are people who have built well enough for this rank, builders have partial access to WorldEdit, which is a very powerful tool. Builders can also use /lol to say something funny from a set list of phrases. Additionally, builders have access to a second plot. obtaining this rank: Be active a lot and build great stuff on your plot.

So with this information he should never have lost builder rank since he has already met the guidelines and earned builder rank.

earn builder rank back. Implies he needs to earn it again. He earned it, then he lost it, just like someone might loose it for world edit abuse.

I agree with @eniallator ! sure Skrileton has screwed up pretty hard lately but honestly, demoting him to MEMBER(?!?!) is just straight over the top. He already earned BUILDER how can he just lose it? I guess losing trusted makes sense, but the demoting has to stop there.
I’m also going to put my opinion out there on this, but if you have an alt you shouldn’t expect other people to keep it a secret for you. If you don’t want people knowing about it then it’s your job to keep it that way. While this may not align with some other people’s views (and I know it obviously won’t) this is how I feel on that.
@PanFritz iirc there was a nowe rank for people who abuse world edit. Since Skrileton hasn’t abused world edit this doesn’t stand for him and is just an example and nothing else. There is nothing saying on the rank guidelines for builder that what Skrileton has already done should affect him having builder rank and as i have said it looks like Skrileton has already met the requirements for the builder rank.
“Does huge world edit grief, gets demoted to member” WHAT NO YOU CAN’T TAKE AWAY I EARNED IT [yt:YAjAyel3-9M]
The nowe rank is used for minor infractions, people can still get demoted.

“Does huge world edit grief, gets demoted to member”

“Does huge world edit grief”

“huge world edit grief”

huge grief

I’m fairly sure in that case people would just get banned…

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users

That is basically the definition of a troll…

According to the rules the definition of greifing is this. While trolling is listed under there, trolling is generally considered it’s own issue while griefing is generally considered as the destruction of someones property or builds.

Fine if you really wanna nitpick (you guys really like doing that don’t you) Lets say that someone lagged the server out multiple times and has had nowe multiple times and eventualy gets demoted.
I’m not the one pushing the idea that builder rank can’t be lost, and I would agree that if it was a reoccuring issue they should be demoted. However correct me if I’m wrong but has skril actually done that?

Ok so my initial statement still stands.

The punishment was originaly warned as a perma ban, i believe reducing it to member rank demotion is fair, on top of that him showing immense levels of immaturity when it comes to dealing with consequences to his own actions by taking it out on other people, sparking up non existing arguments and complaints to doing things out of nothing but spite the sentence to member will not be reduced. However now as before he can always earn builder rank back.

@PanFritz Builder rank is just member with WE and a second plot. What i don’t get is why Skrileton needs to earn those back because he has already proven that he is trustworthy enough to use world edit and world edit in itself is just a tool that helps you build and makes the whole block by block thing less time consuming. To your reply - just re-read my response to the initial reply.
Because its a miracle he isn’t perma banned.

@PanFritz has he abused WE? no. Therefore, he shouldn’t get it taken away. “It’s a miracle he hasn’t been permabanned” is no excuse to take WE (aka builder) from him. He has shown to be trustworthy with WE, therefore his punishment should not reign in that area, but instead perhaps something like a tempban.

I suggest temp banning for maybe 5-6 days, and promoting him back to builder.

I think you’ve gone slightly off topic here, defining trolls and gerifers…

Skrileton you got demoted for “Revealing the alt of a non staff member”. a non staff member… how is that sensitive information someone who isn’t staff and doesn’t, couldn’t have staff information sensitive enough to merit three demotions (trusted-builder-member, also lost retired), doesn’t make sense if you think about it.

However Srkill seems to be taking this demotion quite immaturely, and has now earned it fully.

Fine deeedo i guess we can just perma ban him then.
oh my gosh. honestly this isn’t right or fair or just. I’m done with this conversation bai
and @Doomblah someone being immature about a demotion is THEIR problem and doesn’t affect the server. so screw “his immaturity earning the demotion”.
You seem to only be focusing about the reveal part, but no one has yet addressed his incapability to handle consequences to his own actions in a mature way, thus perhaps in the future him having world edit poses a threat in the event that something may happen he may not agree with.
I haven’t talked about the reveal part once. literally I haven’t. also, you can’t take WE away from someone who has POTENTIAL to abuse it cause we all have that potential. you take it away once someone ACTUALLY abuses it. @PanFritz
that would be fine, if we would have been taking his WE away, but we are issuing a penalty in the form of a demotion which just so happens to include builder rank.

your looping yourself @PanFritz ! the penalty should be TEMP BAN not demotion. he’s demoted so much already and like we already said, demoting him from builder just isn’t right because of all the father freaking reasons I’ve already given.

fofo new one lel. instead of mofo

oh gosh I quit that’s what ew i cri

It shouldn’t be a tempban.
@PanFritz why not?! I think a 2 week tb would get the point across very strongly.
@PanFritz PLEASE don’t be an adamant fool. (not calling you one. warning you not to be one.) PLEASE: don’t just say “it wouldnt”. say WHY it wouldn’t.
First you say why it would

Okay, This thread is a complete mess but,

Trusted is for those who are ‘Trustworthy’ I agree that Skril may no longer be ‘Trustworthy’ but the Builder rank is for those who have built a lot on their plot. Skril may have lost his Trust but he hasn’t gone and deleted his builds making the demotion invalid and unjustified.

@PanFritz i already explained how he should not be demoted to member. therefore that punishment is not an option, left is TB. giving him 2-3 weeks to think about everything would be more effective than demoting him more and just making him more angry and provoking him further.

now you say why demotion is better.

Builder is not solely for that, a server that gives ranks purely on ones building skill would be a shit server. And its a penalty.
As i already explained, the punishment is the best fitting punishment, TBs don’t make a big point, especially when you have oh so many diffrent servers to play on. Now if you REALLLY wanna play the “not the right punishment” for the crime game, even though we can administer whichever penalty we see fit, i could argue that due to his inability to hold his emotions at bay him possesing the rank of builder poses a threat to the server.

if everyone thinks he’s a threat, then they can /plotme remove Skrileton. simple. done. @PanFritz rekt

anyways, so done rn. screw this im out. :c

Aparently you can’t comprehend the fact that WE poses other risks and not only GRIEF, such as lag or corruption of chunks.
Somebody tell me there’s a way to not get notifications from this thread only

@PanFritz i am very aware of that, but like I said, we all could do that. don’t act upon demotion until he actually HAS DONE SOMETHING or else demoting him isn’t fair.

Would you hang someone that OTHER PEOPLE rumored he might commit treason? heck no that’d be so wrong. I’d hang him once he actually commits treason and is therefore liable to punishment.

but whatever I’ve said enough I’ll just let you and all your million staffers deal out the crap punishment you feel fit.

:D

Why is there so much frustration about this?

I honestly think this escalated too far, but coorect me if Im wrong.

your perfectly right @CookieRedstone which is why I keep on saying I’m done with this conversation.
To be builder you need a level of trust, its not solely on builds. Skrill has lost this trust, thus lost builder.
@Doomblah then a lot of people shouldn’t be builders that already are… :/
This is simple shit guys, come on. Pan had the authority to tell a fellow staff member, to not disclose confidential information; Under the consequences of a probable ban, if not followed. Said member disclosed information he was not given the permission to do so. Thus resulting in him being punished in someway. Since Pan is the owner of the account, rule creator and punisher in this incident, he has the authority to demote him to what he sees fit. He chose to not ban him, and instead demote. You should be thankful you were not permanently banned. Also, this post has become way too off topic and will be locked and removed soon, since its original purpose was a temporary message.
Let’s not forget that griefing and disrespecting would get an instant permaban, but all of the staff members were nice enough to give Skril member.
So what I’ve gotten out of this after a long day at school and work, is that the majority wants me builder and a long tempban, and since Pan has the last say in everything, I’m probably going to be permabanned.
Did you not read my reply? He told you not to dissolve his alt under the high possibility of you being banned. You failed to uphold a simple yet serious request. He of course has the final say in what happens to you, and no, the majority does not rule in this instance.

Skrileton, it is your irrationality and impaired judgment caused by your frustration and anger and stress of your punishments that has been leading you to not understand the true reason of your punishments. You have wronged, and you have been justly punished. The WorldEdit abuse was a serious offense (greifing, which leads to permanent ban), and it was a second offense close to your initial offense of exposing private information. You should be very fortunate to not be permanently banned, and instead of arguing, you should realize that the staff are very generously giving you another chance to cover your mistakes. Take this opportunity well, my good friend, and learn from your mistakes; do realize that punishments are something that teaches you good things.

Ultimately, I say that you should take this rare opportunity and prove yourself that you are a good and just man. You are capable of proving that, just as you proved that when you were staff; however, the last thing that will decide your acts is your own choice. I hope you make the good choice, my friend.

Really Skrileton? Just really? What happened to use was justified. You could have lived with a demotion from moderator to trusted, but then you had to get yourself demoted to member…
@AbstractM I don’t recall ever griefing with World Edit, so please continue to pull lies out of your ass to strengthen your argument, and @HackerAttacker if he really didn’t want his alt exposed he should’ve never disclosed it to anybody in the first place.

The WorldEdit abuse was a serious offense (greifing, which leads to permanent ban)

@AbstractM if you are implying Skril actually griefed I would like to see your evidence. Whether his tone is appropriate or not is none of my concern, but if you are going to say he actually griefed with worldedit be prepared to offer proof.

@Skrileton about the WE greif… I thought you greifed with WE. Sorry for that. Apparently, Skril didn’t, but there was still a second offense that got Skril demoted to member.

continue to pull lies out of your ass

I’m trying to strengthen my argument with evidence I have gathered. I apologize sincerely if I have any false evidence (no sarcasm present).

This thread is locked.