Java?

Off topicProgramming → Java?

How do you make java plugins? Are there any special programs? I currently use eclipse but I’m not sure how i could use that for minecraft plugins. :D

Are you talking about making Minecraft or Bukkit plugins? The best to get started with would be Bukkit plugins either way, since making those involves less work. To get started, I would recommend getting a Java book of some sort and possibly watch a few tutorials on how to make Bukkit plugins just to get you started. Most of the people who makes these tutorials don’t have great coding practises and thus make you learn bad habits. Stop with watching them as soon as possible. Most of these tutorial series start with how to set up Eclipse (an IDE/Integrated Development Environment) as well.

There are no ‘special’ programs involved as you’re just writing plain old Java code that Bukkit loads and executes.

By the way @redstone_sheep, how is Java a pain to work with when using libraries? I als wouldn’t use Maven when just starting to be honest. Maven is particularly useful for managing a lot of libraries, although it makes life a bit easier if you know how to use it, for smaller projects!

For private Java projects using the build path options Eclipse provides shouldn’t be too big of a hassle. However, for public projects, software that can be used for dependency management (such as Maven) is recommended. Maven downloads all the dependencies listed in your project’s pom.xml when you build it, or when using the m2e plugin for Eclipse, it creates a separate Maven build path, in which all these dependencies are stored. The software you listed is essentially the same as this feature of Maven?
Thanks for all the replies :D I know it’s kind of wired that I want to program with java in this case, but it’s just because I am very fluent in the language :D