mobGriefing in Survival

RedstonerCommunity vote → mobGriefing in Survival

Should we enable mobGreifing in both the SV worlds?

Here are some starter advantages and disadvantages (marked arguments are momentous and major):

Advantages:

• ==Villager willingness for breeding can be much more easily achieved==
  • Players can utilize the mobGreifing properties of some entities
  • Endermen can pick up and place down blocks
  • ==Fully automatic wheat farms can be achieved==
  • ==Fully automatic iron farms can be achieved==

Disadvantages:

• Endermen can pick up and place down blocks
  • ==Villagers can destroy manual wheat farms==
  • Endermen (by an extremely rare chance) can build snow golems and iron golems, which can caused unwanted entities

Feel free to suggest more.

Suggestions for mobGreifing = true:

• Turning off mobGreifing if a exploding creeper is found, then turing it back on when the creeper is gone
  • Use WorldGuard flags to disable endermen grieifing
  • Prevent Withers from killing entities

I vote yes.

EDIT: I vote yes, only if creeper explosions can be disabled, possibly with a plugin that checks for creeper explosions every tick.

enderman greifing is an advantage… k then

@Doomblah, you could make a block transportation system with endermen. And endermen greif is very easily repaired…
the day u can control enderman to make thigns for u is the day i allow this
… Endermen cause extremely little greif… what major harm could they do?
they can craft a snowman and terrorize ur base
@Doomblah the devil, why are you member? even in “users” on this site, you aren’t show in mod section. ??!!

lol Deeeedo off topic m8 :-P

but idgaf anymore.. X-D

So far, just three supporting and one opposing (I think, Doom might have no opinion), so that leaves a count of ==three to one==.

Doom, based on your own opinion and the list of advantages of disadvantages, do you want mobGriefing true or false?

EDIT: OMG the offtopic spam ;-;

Fully automatic weed farm :o
-1 Also, Dico stated that the rules for the survival won’t be going anywhere.
I stated that I do not wish to have another huge community vote for everything. I’m okay with this if some more people cast their vote. Yes from me :D (I dont play sv but who cares xD)
When I had a poll for this setting I did not keep all of these advantages/disadvantages in mind, better so!
-1 because ppl could greif other’s bases with creepers and log block wouldnt detect it
The count is: ==4 to 2==: first number is supports, and the second number is disagreements. Also, @Doomblah, I told that we had explosions disabled. So, it might even prevent creeper explosions, with mobGreifing being true. Also, @jomo, thanks for the support of this poll! :-D I started this, because mobGreifing has large advantages, but again, quite some disadvantages. It is one of the most momentous gamerules on SV.
I thought of a possibly brilliant idea. For every tick, the game will check every creeper in entity processing chunks to see if it will explode. If it will, then it will disable mobGriefing while that creeper is exploding. After the explosion, mobGreifing can be turned back on. This is so simple, I believe this can be done with command blocks (with the right knowledge); plugins will be even more effective at this.

Command blocks

Nononononononononononononononononono.

-1 for command blocks,

that will destroy us all!

@PJ, -1 for the command blocks, or the mobGriefing?

I am not implying that command blocks should be enabled; I was using them to compare how simple the concept is.

Also, @Ghirahim_ and @Cookie, I do not imply that command blocks should be enabled. I was using them to compare the simplicity of the concept.

I don’t want creeper explosions or enderman to be able to pick up blocks, but villager food farms would be nice.

My idea - create a plugin that disables creeper damage & enderman picking up blocks, and turn on mobGreifing.

@XavKek01, look at my “brilliant idea” suggestion, a little above your post.
NVM, I’ll put it in the thread.
-1. If mobGriefing is enabled then sv would be annoying as hell to play. Especially tsv.

+1 if creeper and endermen griefs are disabled

-1 if its just mobGriefing enabled

Why is “enderman can pick up and place blocks” in both ad/dis advantages

@Doomblah, you can create fully automatic block transport (without items) with endermen, and at the same time, endermen create tiny grief.

@FullyStealth, look at the advantages/disadvantages more closely, and look at the “suggestions for mobGriefing=true” section.

Count: ==6:4==

First number: supports Second number: disagreements

endermen create tiny grief.

greif is greif, 1 block or hundreds.

Also how the hell do you make an auto enderman bock moving anything? you cant possibly control them like that

@Doomblah, lol it’s something really technical, but it is possible in survival (extremely resource intensive though)
Also, grief is the act of angering other players through vandalism, and endermen are AIs, and not players. It it not grief, but rather, it is an inconvenience.
greif could also be defined as unwanted damage to your base or creations, which a creeper/enderman certainly does. also wtf show me how u make auto enderman block movers
None of this “could be” its not. Grief is player to player end of. The game is made to have mobs in that do certain things, you can’t label them as something negative as they are purely the games mechanics
I’m with @PanFritz on this one. However there are still some mechanics that are unwanted at times, so really the only discussion we should be having is whether we want endedman damage or not. I think we need more input from the survival community before making that decision though.
I own a server, and I’ve looked through the configuration with WorldGuard (blargh I don’t use it anymore; I say screw WG, it’s not for me), and it is possible to disable endermen grief (as defined by the configuration in WG) in the config. So, endermen grief should not affect the mobGriefing choice.
hmm, that is true. We can use a worldguard flag on the global map to disable griefing by endermen (which is one of the most useless features of minecraft imo).
7 supports, 4 opposing

we could use hermitcraft’s enderman commandblock/plugin thingy, and also, disabling explosions :D +999999 -999991

+1
also @Doomblah, tango tek’s endertech mod :D
C2L its not that easy… You see, for mods to work on a server like this, requires EVERYONE to download it. Not many will like it.
We can just block enderman griefing with worldguard flags -.- you don’t have to focus on the technical side of things peeps!
8 supports, 4 opposing

#==COUNT:==

9 supports, 4 opposing

oh dear, fully, its not a mod, its a commandblock (the Endertek mod was just a joke) BUUUUUT if we use commandblocks, it does require a clock so . . . yea
C2L why the hell would you make Endermen move bases for you anyways .-.

I just counted: ==+8:6-== (including those who said +1 ONLY IF )

Additionally just to pick up what was mentioned here:

Fully:

C2L its not that easy… You see, for mods to work on a server like this, requires EVERYONE to download it. Not many will like it.

Changing mob behavious is serverside. Noone would need to download anything. Yet modding the spigot.jar file is not what we want. Nope, nope, nope!

Using commandblocks or even plugins that check every tick for creepers and then change gamerules is just ridiculous. There’s better ways anyways using mv for example. Pretty much to TheWildDefender and C2L :P

We could utilize the mob griefing properties of some entities Enderman can pick up blocks

-> Why is that two different points? Shouldn’t that be just the first and toss out the 2nd? And by that I think you mean stuff like Automated wither cobble farms or what? Well I already hear the tears when your wither suddenly is gone because of /stoplag or because someone found a nicely encased wither and decided to grab a free nether star.

Additionally you forgot:

Enderman can pick up blocks out of your redstone contraption, set off your remote controlled wheat farm which destroys all of the weed because it despawns before you could clean out the storage chests, then all of your animals will fall into the waterstream of the farm and die, as well as for some reason taking all your diamonds with them.

^ That’s about the complaints I expect from this. From me? Definite ==NO==.

Updated count:

==+8:7-== including all staff that voted on the - side and a few who are giving a ONLY IF +1. So what about rounding it to ==+5:7-==?

Greetings

~Pcpich~

Very accurate estimation by pepich: 8:7 ~ 5:7

Anyways, I see the supporters point of mobGriefing as a game mechanic, but I would rather not have this as it will also add additional lag to the server, aaaand a downside for staff is you can’t bomb me with twenty creepers again cough PJ, unless you intend on demolishing my base for no reason.

Unfortunately L0rd can stil shoot firballs at me. ;-;

==To PJ==: then who the hell bombed me in tsv ._.

@FullyStealth I never did anything with creepers xD

I don’t care much about this thread anymore, so I don’t care what wins now. :-P

Oh, and even if mobGriefing is true:

• Creepers will not be allowed to explode
  • Withers will not be allowed to kill entities (block breaking can be useful, and reckless ownership of a Wither could be against the rules and banishable)
  • No command blocks will be used

So, calm down. :-P

Okay, I’m recounting ALL votes given the above

#==COUNT:==

9 supports, 5 opposing

@Dico200, do you think this needs more votes, or is this close to finalized?
I don’t think that’s an accurate count.
Its 9-5 ._. Linney es correct.
admin, please decide :P

+1

creepers gunna creep

+1 Iron farms would be SOOOOOO much easier to make, plus auto crop farms :D
-1: Think of all the people with crappy computers… and creepers… The two don’t mix very well, do they :/ (rip me). But seeing greater potential for iron farms does interest me, don’t get me wrong!