Capital allowance on acronyms

ArchivesFeature requests → Capital allowance on acronyms

CLOSED

My suggestion is to allow full capital messages IF the message is an obvious acronym.

Why? Well, some people like me still believe in the purity of clarification that comes from correct grammar. We know our grammar rules, and one of them is when writing an acronym, the acronym must be in full caps. Also, I realize he/she was just trying to do his/her job, but Futsy kicked me for caps (for a few acronyms), and I feel wrongly punished by that kick.

I had warned you 3 or 4 times earlier where you was writing full caps, and the 5th time I did kick you, since I thought you had been given enough chances. But as I said ingame you could have written “ikr” instead of “IKR” so that it wouldn’t be taken as caps like I did.

So I want to say that this shouldn’t be a thing because you can write “ikr” instead of “IKR” like I said there^

But, that’s not grammatically correct, if you use “ikr”.
I think Futsy was right to perform a punishment, since no actual rule here asks the players to be grammatically correct. I truly believe you can understand the fact that this sort of thing “LMAO IKR M8 ROFL” can be really annoying.

In terms of grammar you can say it like this: “i.k.r.” so if you want to be gramatically correct and still use acronyms, you can use it that way.

Like @Valsim72 Said: Writing “IKR, M8” can be annoying after a while.