Share an alg :D

Off topicCubing → Share an alg :D

This thread is intended for cubers to post their favourite algorithms. This can help beginners and intermediates, with learning cool algorithms for seemingly hard cases (F2L,OLL,PLL,COLL,ZBLL,ELL,WV,VLS).

Any comments wich aren’t cubing related, and/or generally offtopic, will be removed.

To tell us your favourite algorithm, post the algorithm, with a description/picture of the case.

I’ll start with a nice 2gen F2L case. The algorithm is as follows: R U R2 U' R.

F2L

Well shit I just found a mistake in the thing I posted.

/suicide

I will reupload it soon, fav alg - H perm: z2 (R U R' U' D)*30 … :D

Alternative Z-perm, good for bigger cubes, where M slices might not be so easy to do:

(R' U' R2 U) (R U R' U') (R U R U') (R U' R' U2)

weird - sexy move - similar to the sexy move - insert F2L pair + U2

Here is the updated version: http://imgur.com/VyFXFeE EDIT: deleted that one as well, check my imgur gallery (my username is Tsskyx), I am keeping the newest versions of my guides there
While messing with conjugates, I found an alternative way of performing the V perm: M2 U2 M2 (Y perm) M2 U2 M2

Oh my! I will definately be using that one :o

[Edit, I actually won’t. The one @Tsskyx mentioned is hard to sub5, and I can easily sub 4 my standard V-perm with Z rotation.]

I also found this: R' U' R U' (F perm) U R' U R
The first version of my COLL guide: http://imgur.com/OnhM6Jz (not containing sune and antisune cases, as I don’t find them useful to learn)
J-perm. J-perm is by far the smoothest and most impressive-looking algorithm in existance. I have it in muscle memory so much so that I can execute it in a second yet cannot recite the algorithm.
Soooooo I was messing with commutators again… scramble: Aa perm solve: L' D (R' D R U) (R' D' R U') D' L
My COLL guide V2: http://imgur.com/ALqZ8KH I’ve actually learned these by constructing that guide, it’s a good way of remembering them.
T Perm R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F'
soo basically this is a bunch of f2l shit http://ukcubestore.com/f2l.html
H-perm R2 U2 R2 U2 R2 U' R2 U2 R2 U2 R2 U
SEXY MOVE R U R' U'
Alternative Ja perm: (R U' L' U R') U2 (L U' L') U2 L so niklas –> U2 –> insert –> U2+L (found this one by myself)

New favourite alg: V Perm!

D' R2 D R2 U R' D' R U' R U R' D R U'

It’s for 2x2 (cuz that’s all I know) and it’s R2 F2 R2. Why? Because it cancels out a diagonal swap and it makes building layers SO much easier.
For real Stomach? o.O New fav Skewb alg: U perm - R’L' R L U' B' R B So nice

Favorite F perm: R' U' F' (R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R') U R

So basically R' U' F' (almost full T perm) Insert pair

@Skrileton that one is really nice, I believe Feliks uses it aswell.
Favourite SQ-1 Alg: Parity /(-3,-3)/(3,0)/(-3,-3)/(2,0)/(-4,2)/(4,­2)/(1,0)/(-3,-3)/
Favourite 3x3 alg: S U perm R2 U' S R2 S' R2 U R2

Please change the title, this is becoming more of a “share any alg” thread.

On that note, here’s a 3-gen REGRIPLESS Ga perm alg that I’ve discovered:

(R U R' F') (R U R' U') (R' F R U') (R' F R2 U' R') U' (R U R' F')

Don’t hurt me but.. What’s 2gen and 3gen

hides

2 gen means that for an alg, you only turn 2 sides of the cube. For example the classic U perm only uses R and U moves, which makes it 2 gen. A T perm is an example of a 3 gen alg since it uses R, U, and F moves.

E perm I’ve discovered. Nothing amazing:

(l' U' L' U) (R U' L U) (R' U' L U) (R U' L' U)

The only problem with that alg Tsskyx is that you need to do it on the bottom which needs a rotation

#Weird PLLs:

X perm: (M' U) (M2 U2 M2) U (M2 U2 M') - basically an H perm with an added U2

“lefty” Z perm: (M' U) (M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2) U' - the larger bracket is a portion of the Z perm alg itself, so it should be easier for you to remember it that way (also notice that the beginning is the same as for the X perm)

r2 u r2 u' r2 u r2 u r2 2x2 alg, 2x1solved chunk bottom left, with same piece on top. If you understand what I mean. i couldn’t find a virtualizer online that would let me show what it looks like, but I thought this was a cool one .

SUPER nice Ja perm alg:

R' Lw' F R F' R U2 r' U r U2' x'

##Showcase

It’s really fast. Maybe even faster than the classical Jb perm alg.

Messing with underslides, I’ve found a neat solution for the F2L case when you have an edge in UB with the F color on top, and the corner is in the front right slot, with the D color pointing to the right (if you were to do an R2, they would pair up).

Solution: (R U R2') D' (R U' R') D R

My previous solution: R2 B' R' U' R' U R B U R' (rly)

I actually found more than that. There’s the following winter variation alg: l D l' U' l D' L' (figure out the case by doing it in reverse). Some of you may know that one already.

(the normal non-lefty version of this alg is good for sideways insertions of F2L pairs: U r' D' r U' r' D r instead of U F' U' F)

Now, I have one problem with it. The slot contains pieces with U color, but from this angle that color isn’t facing front. So I often have to rotate so that I can execute that alg from the correct angle, since I have a tendency to pre-orient myself the incorrect way. BUT, thanks to underslides, I found a better way:

(R U R2') D' (R U R') D R2 U' R'

It’s good because then I can execute it almost equally as fast, but from a different angle.

Now, another F2L case solution (again, do it in reverse to get that case):

R' D' (R U' R') D R (U R U' R')

And just for the sake of completeness, here’s another winter variation alg:

R' D' (R U2 R') D R2 U' R'

I started working an a better COLL / CMLL guide. I’ll also try to update my OLL guide.

Hey ZBLL is fun, right?

R U2 R' U2' R' F R U R U' R' F'

The way you recognize this one is pretty simple. If you do the standard COLL for the alg you get a U perm.

Also the alg is pretty easy to remember. Just take out the front right slot with R U2 and move it back over the slot with R' U2' and then do the standard Winter Variation for that case which is R' F R U R U' R' F'

CFOP essentials:

CFOP (duh) X-cross (eg. blockbuilding) F2L algs (you can’t go just by intuition) Full OLL and PLL 2-sided PLL recognition (this one is a ton of fun to learn… at least for me) COLL Winter variation (cases with no corners can be omitted) The simplest cases of T and U ZBLL

That’s my CFOP advanced pack. I’m posting it here, since most of the points here are about algs, and I’ll be sharing algs for a few of these soon (I’m remaking my guides).

Here I’ll stress the importance of 2-sided PLL recognition.

Have you ever looked at the cube, started executing your PLL alg, only to realize that one side wasn’t what you thought it was after you look around properly, and so you undid the moves, and started all over again?

THAT’s why you need 2-sided PLL recognition.

You can start learning it here: https://sarah.cubing.net/3x3x3/pll-recognition-guide#section/introduction

hmm guess I must be advanced since I do literally know all/do all of those :p
I’d also suggest adding to that list knowing if F2L edges are oriented or not (aka knowing if you’ll need to rotate or not to solve a pair)
@GWJD told me about a good Ja perm: L' U' L F L' U' L U L F' L2 U L U Its just the mirror of Jb

To @Tsskyx with weird PLLs: my way of doing those

X permutation: M2UM2U2M2UM2U2

other-way Z perm: M2U’M2U’M’U2M2U2M’U2

X: (H perm)U2

other-way Z: mirror of Z

F2L edge flip alg:

R2 U2 F R2 F' U2 R' U R'

Start this alg by gripping the R side upside down, that is, hold your thumb on the U side.

G[c]

R2 u' R U' R U R' u R2 Y' R U' R'

Also what is a good H perm and a good Z perm that only has R and U moves?

@King_WilliamB

(R' U' R2 U)(R U R' U')(R U R U')(R U' R' U2)

R2 U2 R U2 R2 U2 R2 U2 R U2 R2

What is the best Oll and Pll guide?

PLLEC (an abbreviation I made up, Permuting Last Layer Edges Clockwise) F2 U L R' F2 L' R U F2 PLLECC (Permuting Last Layer Edges Counter-Clockwise F2 U' L R' FF L' R U' F2

Only works if you have 3 edges remaining and the correct edge piece is in the back. If you have 4 incorrectly permuted edges, perform one of the algs, then continue.

@Leeskye That’s call a Ub and Ua perm..

@Leeskye bruh, learn better Ub and Ua perms. Also learn H and Z perms.

Memorize the “Permutations of Edges Only” section of algs at https://www.cubeskills.com/uploads/pdf/tutorials/pll-algorithms.pdf

Squan4Life 1,0 / 3,0 / -1,-1 / 3,0 / -3,0 / 1,1 / -3,0 /
How have I not thought of this before.. @PJ/@PJ: 1,0/-3,0/2,2/1,-2/