Bring Back /suicide

ArchivesFeature requests → Bring Back /suicide

CLOSED

I think we should bring back /suicide in sv.

Why? /suicide is an ==extremely== useful command in sv. It allows people to return to their spawnpoint in sv. That, I think is the only good reason why /suicide exists, and people use it. I can understand that there are reasons why /suicide was removed, but here’s what I think: /suicide causes spam, because of the “player <player> took their own life”. This can easily be fixed by making /suicide silent, so no message will be displayed. This could be done only when a player is in sv, or does a command like /suicidesShow. Another reason why /suicide (maybe) was removed is because it makes sv easier, isn’t in the spirit of the game, and could be considered cheating. I think that that is true, however, it is a compensation for greifers, theives, lag, no /sethome, and it makes the game more fun. Those who think it is cheating can simply not use this command. Besides, players will continue to kill themselves to return to spawnpoint, since keepInventory is on. Unless it is turned off (==VERY VERY bad idea==), this so called “cheating” will still be in effect. I would still not be vanilla, because of /tpa, /tpahere, /back, /speed going into sv,keepInventory, doing /sv in sv, /afk,noPvp, no mobGreifing, no fireTick, logBlock, no showDeathMessages, no tnt, no clocks, and such. Some who doesn’t play regular SV may not understand this. Think about it, if you had to walk (not fly) to get to each plot in creative, it would be very annoying indeed.

+1 if you agree, -1 if you disagree.

@__Text The only reason Evan removed this command, Was because /suicide was cheaty he said “It’s like teleporting”
dont forget that as text said, /tpa, /tpahere, and /back haven’t been removed, which are even more like teleporting than suicide.
So is dieing, and going into nether portals, and going through end portals, and enderpearling, and eating chorus fruit, and /tpaing, and /backing, and /sv etc. Even though it is like cheating, it makes the game more fun, and is a compensation like I mentioned above. Without /suicide, People are still gonna kill them selves by drowning and lava bucket, /suicide just makes it quick and painless. /suicide is cheaty, and so are the other settings in sv that arent vanilla. It’s hard to understand if you don’t play sv. The only reason I quit SP survival was because it was very boring going to and from a place.
/tpa, /tpahere and /back is teleporting

/tpa, /tpahere and /back is teleporting

thats exactly what i said in different wording…

-1 and if we were to add it back, I say you can’t have keepinv; you’re paying a penalty for cheating that way.
I agree with @Ghirahim_ I give this post a -1
I think keepInventory should be off, with /suicide because there’s always /back wich can be used to teleport back, although there is still the challenge of getting back to your spawnpoint wich keeps it interesting.
We’ve already had plenty of debate on the keepinventory topic… At this point keepinventory is staying on. Therefore I think the removal of /suicide is logical enough. As for the fact that people can still kill themselves it other ways, /suicide was certainly the most convenient and least messy way of doing so. -1
Actually @Bakongamer iirc the way /back works, you can’t get the stuff back from where it was dropped.
You can always suicide using real survival mechanics. e.g. drowning, or suffocation. And if you want to keep items… Just put them in a chest of course. And you can make a system which picks up your items automatically.
I removed suicide because it was used as an alternative to /home. /home isn’t allowed because it is cheaty. Can you teleport in normal survival? No. we want the survival worlds to be non cheaty. as for the commands you stated, they will probably be removed in survival too.

-1 to this post

+1 to @Evanis_

Evan though I don’t play survival, I agree with @Evanis_ aswell.
Not enough support. Marked as closed.