Formal and informal warnings

RedstonerOther → Formal and informal warnings

I’ve noticed that ever since I’ve been staff, I’ve gotten a lot more respect than non-staff. Most of you are probably not surprised by this, and I’m not either. The thing is, I want all players to be treated with equal respect, staff or not. Often times, I give informal warnings. These are usually treated by people as if I am giving them a strike of some sort, when it’s really just a warning which is meant to be taken into account by them, not by staff. The problem is that an informal warning is indistinguishable from a formal warning. My solution is to treat them the same. A warning is meant to not be a direct punishment, but to help you avoid being punished in the future. If anyone, even a visitor warns you to please not swear or to not say or do certain things, if it’s within reason and not inconveniencing you, please treat it as if it were staff telling you the same thing. It will improve the gameplay experience for everyone and prevent lengthy arguments which end with someone being kicked or banned.

Solid. This is the guidelines every redstoner member should follow, respect others. Well said, and so, gg.

Yeah it’s not nice to see a visitor say “please don’t use too much language” and RIGHT AWAY someone says “I can fking talk the way I mother fking want btch.” Yes that’s true, you can talk how u want but like you stated, you should respect others.

Well spoken Viper. :>
Very well said indeed. :)
am i the only one who does this already?
@Doomblah Nope. :-)
i agree with this to a point, but i’m not going to be treating people i’ve never spoken to before the same as people i’ve respected and liked for years. i try not to be nasty to anyone but in my opinion respect has to earnt, no exeptions (in terms of staff punishments etc, i agree with this absolutely :p)