Putting the correct amount of items in a container

ArchivesFeature requests → Putting the correct amount of items in a container

SOLVED

This feature would allow you to use a command to place the correct amount of items in a container to get the correct signal strength.

But what’s the point? can’t you just do it manually you lazy shit

Yes, but the main problem with this is furnaces. When you need to place a large amount of items in a furnace it takes a long time, waiting for things to smelt

Use another container?

No

I’d suggest a command such as /container [container type] [desired signal strength] [ID of desired item to place inside]

Example: /container furnace 13 stone would place two stacks and 39 stone blocks into that furnace.

There could also be a setting to make full stacks of items be translated into non-stackable items. /container toggle nonstackables

Hope the idea is understood and appreciated.

Interesting idea, it can be hard to remember all the signal strengths.

+1

This would be massively helpful!

+1

This is a really good idea. I will quickly write this code… we’ll see when nemes puts it on the server ^^ I think I’ll make the command /signalstrength with an alias of /ss though. Besides, it would simply check what kind of container you’re looking at.
@Dico isn’t /ss socialspy?
Yeah Nyx is right I think
Well I’ll figure something out, thanks for the heads up
I finished the code ^^ it will be online with the next update.
if you’re interested in the code, click here

By the way, as it works right now, to get your signal strength, you:

• Place a container
  • Target it
  • Enter /signalstrength [item-id] [data]

It also works with double chests.

Just adding my thoughts, would be cool if you could just do signalstrength and it would automatically decide the best item to use :P
what do you mean by that nemes? dunno about everyone but myself and a few others are veeery picky about what items are in droppers and hoppers etc. maybe if you don’t specify it could decide but i don’t really see the need of (what i understand by) your idea however coming from that i would be interested if there was the feature that allowed you to convert full stacks into non stackable items? thanks
Do you mean that it looks for a comparator and uses the block that the comparator is sitting on as the item type?