banned.

RedstonerAppeals → banned.

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

Permanent.

Ban/Demotion reason

Banned for disrespecting the admins(What? i know doom was sudoing me, but seriously) and multiple offences(ok then.)

What I have done wrong

The multiple offences and joining a cg when noone there wanted me to, by sudoing me

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

I think i should be unbanned, because doom had no right to sudo me, i was trying to calm the situation down. and he kept on sudoing me till someone put me in punishments, when he tried to sudo me. I understand my past offences, but i was only curious, and trying to calm people down. I had no intention of causing annoyance, doom shouldve said for me to leave because it was a private cg, or msgd the cg. It really pains me to see people getting banned like this.

Firstly

Banned for disrespecting the admins

It wasn’t just admins, but staff in general. When a staff asks/tell you to don’t do one thing and you still do it, it is disrespectful.

Secondly

because doom had no right to sudo me

He have the right to sudo you out of a chat group if you aren’t welcome there. And then when you join the chat group again it is actually considered as disrespecting staff, by joining something that you have been kicked/been sudoing out off.

Thirdly

and he kept on sudoing me till someone put me in punishments

This should give you a hint that you have done something wrong.

And finally. This ban was also a results of everything you have done against the rules in the past.

So the ban is justified.

@Futsy has covered most of anything that needs to be answered. One other thing though that got you banned was a constant indirect advertisement of your server (No, you didn’t usually give out the IP, but you have made several forum posts and dozens of in-game chat messages referencing and inviting people to it). You were warned plenty of times about this, but you still continued to do it. I note that you conveniently didn’t mention this in your appeal, and this is also a major factor in why you got banned.

As Futsy stated, the ban remains justified.

If we should respect all players, then the following can be reasoned: if pikachu joined a CG, while being CONTROLLED BY DOOM, it was therefore doom who is held responsible for annoying the players who didn’t want him in the CG. If anything, doom disrespected the players not wanting pikachu in the CG.

I won’t deny that in other ways pikachu may have disrespected some players, BUT HONESTLY, ALMOST EVERY PLAYER has disrespected someone in some way. This should NOT be a permanent ban! He should have another chance to learn from his behavior.

I suggest a 2 week temp ban

(Side note: Sudo should be removed from mods tbh.)

@Futsy and @L0rd, I think you weren’t reading the appeal carefully by accident, and I think you think that Doom was using sudo to get nalaek2004 out of trouble. However, I read the appeal as Doom trolling nalaek2004 into trouble, so I think:

• nalaek2004 should not be permanently banned.
  • Doomblah should be appropriately punished (it is not my place to decide the punishment, if Doom should be punished).
Wait. Your blaming me for this? I was trying to get Ghirahim_ and DaanNos to stop fighting so i invited them to a chat group to keep it out of public chat (to prevent spam, and angry chat peoples) but you @nalaek2004 joined it too. I felt that only us three needed to be there and that you would only distract from us trying to work it out and then removed you from the group. But you kept joining and joining so i just kept removing you. In hindsight i should have told you before i kicked you out the first time, but i think after three kicks you should have gotten the message, besides i was frantically trying to get them to stop fighting and was less concerned with a random person joining. I put you in punishments because you were being extremely anoying and getting in the way of me fixing a problem
Alright people, here’s the deal. Nalaek left out a lot of important factors (rather conveniently, as I mentioned before) from his appeal. I have known doom long enough to know that he would not troll a player under the given circumstances. Apparently the wording and presentation of the appeal has led some of you to believe that Doom /sudo’d nalaek INTO the cg? I would take @doomblah ’s response over the ignorance of nalaek’s claims any day of the week. Nalaek has been causing problems for literally months now off and on, and in the last couple of weeks he’s been tugging on his last straw. I don’t see any reason that this appeal would get nalaek unbanned under the current circumstances.
I agree with L0rd here.
Appeal denied, closed.
For the record i was sudoing him OUT of the cg because i didnt need him there, given the circumstances
Wait was he talking inside of the CG? If so I think the ban should stay, but if not it should only be 2 weeks.

Let’s not forget the fact that if he wasn’t talking, it’d just be another argument. Take it like this: On the forums, anyone can start a thread and argue while someone else can jump in unneeded OR do nothing about it.

Let’s ALSO not forget, he needed the CG name to join it, so who gave it to him?

Still, the disrespect is still there

@Gumsie the main issue is that he is obviously not learning from warnings and punishment. One of our biggest jobs as moderators is quite frankly to remove stupidity(often expressed through disregard of rules and common sense) from the server and forums. Usually this can be handled by repeated warnings and punishment, but in some cases (such as nalaek’s) there really isn’t much we can do but remove the source altogether. Please understand that we’re just trying to keep the server an enjoyable and intelligent community. locked
This thread is locked.