Leaving Redstoner.

RedstonerOther → Leaving Redstoner.

Hey guys,

As the title probably says I am leaving redstoner. There are a couple of reasons why i am leaving, however i will still stay on the forums and come on every so often just to chat. I am leaving because I have other priorities e.g: school. here a a list of reasons I am leaving

1. Redstoner has changed so much since I first join, and i am unable to keep up w/ it.
  2. My plots are full and I have no inspiration to build, plus I refuse to build in the tr world.
  3. People and conversations. I find that most, if not all conversations are absolute JUNK and I have only digressed in 1 or 2 good conversations. I also dislike the crude and crass language of many perverse builder ranked people. I find many of these fanatical builders annoying and they just make my “visits” to Redstoner stressful and miserable.
  4. I have a lack of interest with anything to do with Redstoner.

There are only a couple of people who are decent and amiable, most of them are staff and trusted, and a meager amount of builders and other ranked members. I do not hate Redstoner and I do not wish for it to die. I will be spending more time on my single player world and another server. Before I leave Redstoner, i would like to thank all staff and other people for helping me at the time when i join and it truly made me feel more welcomed to the server. Thank you Staff and all other people whom helped me when i first joined. I had a great time on this server with great friends (e.g: @burz @L0rdDrag0 @Deeeedo @FullyStealth @ArhurValk @BaruTeUnrekable @oya and many other friends) But all good things come to an end,

Farewell, Archie

There’s a thread for this kinda thing now. :3

Ah archie!! Thank you so much I had fun with you and now i cri:( <3 seriously tho, pretty sad to hear you leaving.

But honesty, I have to agree with EVERY. SINGLE. WORLD. YOU. SAID. It’s literally so true and that’s all reasons why I may quit very soon.

“Server changed so much since I first joined” That line of yours is UNBELIEVABLY true. WAY too many staff changes, too many staff period, so many promos/demos, and on the actually negative side: the community. Like you stated, it has, sadly, degraded badly.

When I first joined and was a noob member, ALL REDSTONER WAS, was a fun, helpful and nice community of redstoners! It’s sad to say it, but that is no longer true: many players old/new have degraded into players that are perverse causing nothing but l, as Archie put it, ABSOLUTE JUNK. ESPECIALLY the things they talk about.

Redstoner use to not be a place where people talk about inappropriate, perverse, 18+ things that should stay out of a video game/server that was once a kind community.

Like Archie said, I still wish the best of redstoner if I quit soon. Btw archie what server you talking about when you say you will be there? :D

<3

@Deeeedo The server is Synergy, hope nobody get mad because i said this

When i first joined was totally different than what it is now, Redstoner then had much more calm than now, Chat nowadays is like garbage and /lol doesn’t help. all the people i knew back then are gone. :,(

So sad :C, I wish you well with your further life :), I cri.. :C
There is a separate thread for this now, but I suppose this already has too many replies to do much about it :P Anyways, nice having you Archie. Would love for you to come back on sometime. Thanks.
Cya Archie, we’re all going to miss you! Have a great life. :)
i cri evryteim :-(((((((
@Stomachfoot don’t cry :D @Smashur_universe thanks :D @L0rdDrag0 i will join redstoner again when i have enough time and when I regain interest in Redstone. (Chances of me joining back is low)
I’m sad to see you go Archie. I kinda have to agree with most of the things you mentioned and I’m thinking we should probably do something about it. We could make swearing against the rules again and for certain conversations we can force chatgroups. What do you think?

@Dico200 Well I can imagine what redstoner was like back then, tbh I love it but things that should change is:

-/lol should be removed (It’s really not funny)

-Swearing to be banned (So I, and other members can feel calm there and don’t have to look at the chat saying F*** S*** etc.

-Anything that one is uncomfortable with, Mods and/or Admins will take action (If you see what I mean)

With these rules I’m sure that ppl will enjoy redstoner as much as they did about 1-2 Years ago

-Ninji

@NinjiPlays I agree on all the things you said, but instead of removing the /lol plugin, we could remove the ones that aren’t funny, and try to get some that are funny.

I somewhat agree on the swearing thing, I think it should be “banned” in public chat, but in messages and chatgroups where normal people can’t see them I think it should be somewhat ok.

Anything that one is uncomfortable with, Mods and/or Admins will take action (If you see what I mean)

I understand what you mean and I agree, I just recently had a person messaging me and said that someone did something that he didn’t like/found uncomfortable, and he got punished for that (because in my mind that is actually under rule 1 and rule 6 :P)

I joined the server for the first time over a year ago and I can confrim that there where a lot less swearing and inapropiate stuff in the chat on the server.

-/lol should be removed

From the plugins page:

SayLol is a plugin made by us. It’s a bit like the splash messages in Minecraft’s main menu.

In other words, its a bunch of inside jokes between (surprisingly often) longtimers (snake in my boot anyone?), staff mistakes (turned into jokes) or names (IGNs).

-Swearing should be banned

I’m fairly sure that goes against the right of freedom of speech, I wouldn’t want to come back to this server to find it be like mineplex chat. @Dico200 are you ever going to install that swear blocker thing on the server? The one that you can choose whether swears are blocked.

Besides, if you’re offended by swearing, you’re probably 6 or are offended easily and are really sensitive. You should probably get off the internet of you fall into either of these categories.

Anything that one is uncomfortable with, Mods and/or Admins will take action (If you see what I mean)

Agreed. Only problem I see with this one is if one has a problem with a mod or admin. What can mods do then?

Aw Archie :C

I have to agree with what you said, we have a lot of idiotic builders and a lot of conversations are indeed COMPLETE AND UTTER JUNK. Hope you do come back and say hi sometimes and have fun on shuddersSynergy.

Everything PJ said + Gonna miss you! I’m probably gonna play some syndergy too as I don’t mind playing with Roudone :P

@BaruTeUnrekable uh what. People that are offended by language (like me) aren’t six, we are just peaceful and decent people that don’t go on video game servers to say (pardon) “fu** my pu*** with your big a** d**k!”

LIKE WHAT THE DEVIL NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR THAT CRAP ON A SERVER THAT IS FOR REDSTONE. it’s just (language) stupid and unnecessary.

besides what’s wrong with keeping away from language for the sake of the younger players? (Then you say “well they shouldn’t be playing then.") WELL BULL because THEY ARE and minecraft is a creative game played by players of ALL ages (especially young) and it’s not a place for crude language and vulgar sexual crap.

nough said.

I mentioned that Dico coded an optional swear blocker. Read everything I have to say before you get a tight pussy over it. Oversensitive, immature people like you are why I left redstoner.
I myself don’t like the swearing aspect myself, because it doesn’t fit into my religion. I feel like more people are leaving because of the over use of swearing and perverse language in chat, then there are people leaving because of not being able to do said things. I for a fact know that I’m not 6 years old. I just feel like my playing experience on Redstoner is more enjoyable with less swearing. I hope you understand, thanks for hearing my rant @BaruTeUnrekable.
@BaruTeUnrekable I have no idea what you’re trying to say. Anyways, perhaps keeping strong language out of public chat is an idea we should consider. I do understand the free speech thing, but the issue we are addressing is that the server’s public chat is, quite frankly, very toxic right now. I think it should be allowed in chat groups and messages, like @Futsy mentioned before me, but as a moderator who has to regularly clean up the chat, I think that at least limiting swearing would be a big help to how enjoyable the server is for our community.
@L0rdDrag0 precisely why I want Dico to put the plugin on.
@Dico200 I agree with all who suggested implementing the swear blocker, hopefully the mods can discourage the perverse as in sexual connotations and inappropriate topics and conversations. @BaruTeUnrekable Im not six either and I am not immature, but find some content highly disrespectful to others, i understand that it is hard to control what people talk about, but certain people might be attacted or turned away from Redstoner depending on what they see on the public chat. This will be Redstoner’s reputation. Thank you for your support.
Ah okay, I remember the swear blocker now. I like the idea of that a lot. Making it optional, of course, is what would make it helpful. We also already have /ignore for any players that may get on someone’s nerves even after the optional swear blocker is implemented. Definitely something we should implement.
@L0rdDrag0 basicly what we mean is: “Just get started coding, Dico!”
https://imgur.com/a/aCpHu Great last day of me being on Redstoner :DDDDDD

@BaruTeUnrekable dont say I “have a tight pussy” for no reason. Just because I find language offensive doesn’t mean I’m immature. If someone cussed your dad/mom out HARD I’m sure they would be offended and want to slap them. They aren’t immature for that. And neither am I!

I did read your whole reply. Dicos anti swear plugin was besides my point. My point was: regardless of plugins the community has degraded hard.

dont call people immature. Ever. Period. At least not on the Internet. You don’t even know said person/me irl.

@FullyStealth that’ll have to be later this week. I don’t have too much time besides my usual redstone time and lol time ;D
@Dico200 so its gonna be @Curs3d or @Pepich1851 coding this then?

I only got one lecture today which is pretty redundant, I think I can do it. I’d probably make it mentio-like, you got a default set of blocked words and then can /antiswear add if you want to. Maybe change the cmd to something shorter if you got an idea ;) I’d just either censor the message or remove the word completely, don’t quite know which would be better. Cause a lot of stars in chat woulb be annoying too.

I’m 100% against a “no swearinh rule”. We can limit it, sure but if we go like “till someone feels offended” then that’s nor a nice definition and “till staff feels like it’s too much” neither is. All depending on personal impressions. So like 3 WTFs/Minute or sth would be the definition and I just think that might be tough to enforce. But maybe you got a better idea…

“Anything that one is uncomfortable with…”

No! Bad idea! Because I’m uncomfortable with two guys playing on the server, will they get banned? Mods have to do something cause it’s in the rules… And I’m uncomfortable with the rules in general, I don’t like being forced to use common sense. Oh and I’m uncomfortable with the fact that mods can kick or even ban me, please do something about that.

Yes I know that the common sense rule should take care of some of the stupid requests but 1. People will ask such things anyways and 2. What the fork is that kind of rule supposed to enforce? Anxious behaviour cause one might be uncomfortable with me saying the word “arm” or building a banana and therefor people are now scared to do anything because someone could feel a little offended by me saying “fork”!? That rule would pretty much kill all other rules because you can just say “yeah but I’m uncomfortable when he’s alive and mods didn’t want to install a plugin that autokills him so I had to make those kill potion. And I’m uncomfortable with a punishment so you can’t do that to me now”. See where this is going? Completely pointless discussions over things that look like common sense should sort them out. I still say that such a rule would be a really bad idea! Please don’t!

@Pepich1851 can’t you just make use the CustomEvent function in java and use it in python?

Wat? I don’t get what you mean with that reply, sorry xD Don’t try to explain it anyways, this doesn’t really belong here anymore. We can discuss it ingame in messages or sth but please not here where it has nothing to do with the topic at all. My response was already enough of offtopic :P

Greetings

~Pepich~

+9001 @Pepich1851

EDIT: ye, this conversation should be moved to a different thread X-D