Forum Mod

ArchivesWebsite feature requests → Forum Mod

CLOSED

What feature do you want: I want redstoner to have a rank just to controll the forums around the hour. Why do you think its a good idea: mods cannot always reply on every forum as fast as possible, they have in-game stuff to do. So I thought of a position just for the forums witch would be 10 times usefuller. Just a moderator only checking on forums and replying on important threads.

(If this will ever come I would like to be one.)

situation 1 Someone has put the wrong post in the wrong forum (Wooops!). No staff is online except for forum mods. They will put it in the right forum section.

situation 2 Someone spams the forum with massive thread making, Then forum mods can ban him from the forums and remove all spammed threads.

situation 3 Someone puts a bug in the open bug section of the forums. It will maby get exploid so the forum mods set it in the locked bug section.

I would like to see that… Sounds like a good idea.
+1 for the people who are on the forums most frequently to be made into this rank so they can be there and change the thread(s) the quickest.
Extra: ForumMods will be able to remove/ change rude replies.

Someone has put the wrong post in the wrong forum (Wooops!)

Just like you did now…

And to the request, we have moderators that are on the website almost all the time, and if they aren’t on there is probably a MIT that are on. If an MIT see something that shouldn’t be here or is not sure what to do with, we (atleast I) notify other staff members, and they will come and see on the thread.

So I don’t think this is such a good request… so -1

ps. this should have been under website requests instead :P

So your idea is that a “regular” user moderates the forums?

I don’t really know, I’m neutral? on this, and to be very honest I don’t think this will happen.

So your idea is that a “regular” user moderates the forums? I don’t really know, I’m neutral on this, and to be very honest I don’t think this will happen.

I think it will

So I thought of a position just for the forums witch would be 10 times usefuller.

Also, do you even English?

Edit: No, I’m not going to start a debate.

I don’t see any real reason for this honestly, and @Ralp even if we implemented it we would definitely not choose mods based mostly on activity. That’s like making a rapist a police officer because he shows up at the police station regularly. -1
-1, I agree with L0rd.
-1 as do i, a lot of the replies a moderator has to make are things that you could answer only if you ARE a moderator with access to staff forums, staff chat, slack etc this idea simply wouldn’t work
-1 even though i have seen forum mods on different games, I don’t think we need any here because this community is tiny. It really works well in large scale forums with millions of people tho.
k :D it was just an idea! on the votes i can decide this is a closed case closed