Name tags

ArchivesFeature requests → Name tags

SOLVED

My second idea today XD So what I thought is simple: Let’s say visitors with Gary name tag Member white Builder light green Etc…

It’ll add colorful to the server and it’s a little thing but it adds a lot .. What I mean by name tag is that tag with your name above your player’s name

We used to have this, whatever happened to it i dont know

+1

That’s possible with TagAPI and with scoreboard teams I think, I dunno how much the other devs would like a plugin messing with scoreboard teams tho and neither do I know if they’re used for anything else already. Don’t think so but I gotta ask that. Another thing is that it might interfer with the scoreboard ToDo lists but I can’t tell you about that yet as the plugin isn’t in a functional state right now but gimme a bit more time and then I can tell you about it :)

With TagAPI that’d bring another java plugin to the server and can make a bit of trouble: It can mess up skins and then everyone will have steve/alex skins and I think giving up the skins just for colored names is not really worth it :P

Greetings

~Pepich~

As I know, scoreboard teams option color Doesn’t work on Java :P @Pepich1851

As I know, scoreboard teams option color Doesn’t work on Java :P

Can you please explain this further I don’t get what you mean xD

Check public slack I’ll talk to you there that’s better than in this thread :)

@Pepich1851 I meant bukkit.

Checked it again and it got fixed using scoreboards.

We used to have a plugin called NameTags. It apparently was disabled.
le bump is it possible to make?
@IDontRedstone Most definitely. Even I can do it. Depends if they want it implemented.
@Nyxeon I know it’s easy to make My question is if it can be added
If people agree, and it doesnt screw with the server, it can be added. +1
+1337 just do it!

Why don’t we just use scoreboard teams? You know like: /scoreboard teams add Builder /scoreboard teams options Builder color green /scoreboard join Builder

One problem is that there’s no way of actually making it so each person will be at his group.

Another suggestion is an awesome plugins that I use on my server called NameTagEdit. It has the an option of sorting players to their groups.

Or just make your own Pyrhon/Java plugin ;)

Greetings, K0ala

Just to quote you on this scoreboard topic:

As I know, scoreboard teams option color Doesn’t work on Java :P

With java you meant spigot btw. And yes that was you saying that K0ala and now you tell us to use it? :P

Anyways, I’ll quickly talk to the rest of the staff and dev team and then get a scoreboard solution in place, and wirte a quick plugin to pick up the pex rank and set it as scoreboard group. Till then we need to manually add people… Dis gun be fun ._. xD

Greetings

~Pepich~

@Pepich1851 After I’ve checked it it turned out it does work. For whatever reason it didn’t work on my server.

Anyways…

I hope this works ._.

It definitly is possible, just need to implement it. Thanks to FaCe_Stupidadi for helping me :P

Greetings

~Pepich~

player.hasPermission(“group.admin”) -> True? Player is admin. player.hasPermission(“group.mod”) -> True? Player is admin or mod.
I don’t want to say anything wrong but is it Python or something? :P Anyways I think nametag.group.[group] is better. As well as I think donators should have different color (orange/yellow) MITs, and developers as well.
Seems like it got implemented :D I am marking as solved Thank you very much :)