Temporary W/E Loss

RedstonerAppeals → Temporary W/E Loss

CLOSED

Type of ban / demotion

lost privileges of World/Edit for 1 Week.

Ban/Demotion reason

Apparently, I crashed the server using /copy or /paste or something like that.

What I have done wrong

really? i just stated this in the ban/demotion reason ^^^^

Why I should be unbanned / re-promoted

1. I swear on my life, I have no recollection of using /copy or /paste (or whatever it was) before the lag started. Which means, that I most likely had chat pulled up, accidentally hit the up arrow (which pastes the last thing you typed in chat) and accidentally hit “enter.” This is actually almost definitely what happened, I do this ALOT. Like I’ll say “WB”, then a sec later, “WB” and say “sorry, accidentally hit up arrow once instead of twice then hit enter.” that has happened around AT LEAST 3 times on this server for me.

2. Even though I apparently crashed the server, it was an accident and I should receive perms again. irl, they don’t throw someone in jail for accidentally killing someone in a car wreck, if the guy wasn’t drunk or whatever etc…

this was CLEARLY an accident, and even if you guys don’t think it’s an accident, I can sincerely PROMISE YOU ALL, it surely was.

1. At least please lower the privilege loss to 1-2 days….

Even if this appeal fails, I understand that the staff are trying to follow rules and enforce good things for the betterment of the community, and I will still love you. I would just like to encourage you staffers to look past the normal cases of stupid idiots, and every once in a while, view things simplistically, because I believe my case is simplistic and deserves correct, and just attention.

Thank you.

ye, i agree

soemtimes, habits are habits

and also, what type of //copy //paste crashes the server :u

At least please lower the privilege loss to 1-2 days….

1 week is the low punishment for crashing the server…

It’s pretty obvious that it was you who crashed us, last command that got processed was //copy issued by you and the thread dumps from the crash logs say that it was hanged on worldedit block copying. Clear enough in my eyes.

and also, what type of //copy //paste crashes the server :u

Block limit doesn’t apply for //copy so you can make it go through all the blocks in your selection like that, considering the server’s CPU was at 100 % and memory usage steadily rising, I dare to say it was a very big selection.

@nemes i never said i DIDN"T do it, i just said it was a 100% accident. please re-read my appeal and reconsider.

Before I say anything else, I hope you understand that I’m sorry for you. Anyways there are two problems with this appeal.

1. Most of the time, people don’t intentionally lag/crash the server. The point of the punishment is to encourage people to be more careful so there are less accidents.

2. Even if the punishments didn’t apply to accidents, which would make no sense, there still isn’t any way for someone to prove/disprove someone claiming that their actions were unintentional, which makes the entire argument invalid anyway .-.

Again, 1 week is a short suspension for crashing the server. I hope you can still work on your projects until your punishment expires. Sorry.

Sounds about right, thanks @L0rdDrag0 for clearing it up a bit.

==closed==

what I don’t understand is why logal doesn’t lose his worldedit for crashing the server. this shows that staff see themselves as being above the rules which is abuse of power. if non-staff get punished for crashing the server I think that staff should get punished aswell. it’s only fair.

@prankstargangsta yes you get a point, not sure why logal still has world edit right now…

On the other hand, we also ban for website necroposting ;)

==locked==

This thread is locked.