Cannot create ban appeal without website account

ArchivesWebsite problems & bugs → Cannot create ban appeal without website account

CLOSED

I guess the title explains the problem - you need to get the token ingame. I suggest allowing the posting of topics in ban appeals if the token isn’t given yet? At least you should be able to post there without an account if possible.

If you get a permanent ban before you even get the opportunity to sign up on the website, you need to seriously rethink your strategy…

That being said, how exactly would you allow users to post without being signed up? Would it function in the same respect to an imageboard (think 4chan)? And if so, how do you moderate / prevent spam consistently?

Probably the easiest solution I can think of is to offer the traditional confirmation email registration as an alternative, but there are a number of things to think about.

@Mothership_Q just a scenario lets say you have a brother and they get ip banned and banned on the website how does t he older sibling make a ban appeal? There brothers in the same house so same IP :P