/alias improvements

ArchivesFeature requests → /alias improvements

DUPLICATE

MintyEdit: Closed due to a duplicate.
My idea is simple, add support for commands on both ends (Input & output) of the command This would be useful for stuff like ==//set air —> /clear== and other often used commands.
==//set air —> //delete==
I do not understand what you’re trying to say. Can you elaborate?
@Dico200 soo its like a new alias for //set air or known as //cut … so /delete will be an new alias of //set air
@Dico200 He wants /alias to be compatible with commands. For example, you could type “fill” and it would output //set quartz. Or you could make your own command aliases like making /close output /p deny *
So players should be able to set their own aliases?

Ok, @Dico200 @Pepich1851 how would you do this? In java, if you create some sort of thing to store people’s aliases, you could do (in the onCommand method)

if(players_aliases.contains(label)){ //run the proper cmd as player }

But in python you cannot really do that with @hook.command AFAIK?

No in onCommand, but in the commandPreprocessEvent you can check if the command used is defined as alias, if so replace it then pass on the ecent. Else just don’t touch it :)
@Pepich1851 derp. I forgot about that. (although I use it) Is someone making this? Or can I?
Well @curs3d you made chatalias. As I mentioned in a previous post somewhere, I do not see the use of the plugin as-is. But if you make it something like commandalias, that could be a lot more useful, I think. I’m suggesting that you actually get rid of its current use to alias the chat, unless you can give me a good reason or a good example in which you’d like to have it and which actually applies to a good section of the server. I don’t see that right now. However, I think making a command aliasing plugin instead should be pretty nice and I can see it being useful and used.

I’ll see if I can get this implemented before the next update. It looks like I got most of the things I want to be fixed done so I can start making new stuff again :)

Greetings

~Pepich~