TheDJoe Lagging Server With WorldEdit

RedstonerBlames → TheDJoe Lagging Server With WorldEdit

SOLVED

Description

TheDJoe decided to do a WorldEdit for Maddefender, creating a plot sized grass platform in the sky, and creating tons of lag. In this time, chat worked fine, but all other things (levers, buttons, etc.) didn’t work.

Failed attempts

Nothing really, because there wasn’t much we could do.

Maddefender’s first plot, at Y = 165. Not much to give for X and Z coordinates, because it spanned the entire plot

Time

19:30 EST

Grief

No grief occurred, as he was doing a WorldEdit for someone who didn’t have access to WorldEdit.

Proof

Just him doing the WorldEdit, as you can see by the “Possible Lag Incoming” and everyone saying “lag” in chat. link

A screenshot of the massive grass platform he made. link

Just another screenshot of the platform from underneath. link

SacredRedstone can also confirm that this happened.

I can confirm everything mentioned above. After the accident, Maddefender wanted to be punished instead of TheDJoe, because he was the one that requested the worldedit. I replied that he shouldn’t be punished, because Joe was the one being careless with worldedit and not taking any precautions before doing the action. Causing lag with worldedit is easy to avoid, it was Joe’s fault for not doing anything to prevent it. I think Joe’s worldedit perms should be revoked for at least a week, if not more.

-_- this is EXACTLY what I did wrong last time. And it happened again.

Anyways, I would rather have TheDJoe punished of his non-usage of //fast in a big operation like this. (Its big cause of the lighting updates.)

@FullyStealth you ass. How have you not noticed that //fast is fucking broken?

I see no reason for a punishment, he has done naught wrong; he was helping players. Alongside this, he even used /warnp.

@barrygold21 In no way should anyone create an opaque platform with worldedit at a high level in one go. Over 1 million blocks had their light levels changed in the process, and thus the server lagged. This should’ve been easy to see coming and he should’ve taken it easy.
@Dico200 , isn’t it fine to have a mod / an admin make a platform if there is a justifiable reason for making the platform (e.g. my trapdoor that created lots of lag)?
I have to agree with Dico on the light update thing, and also, builders are told to look at some WE tutorials before using it.
Viper administered 1 week of nowe. solved
You can clearly see him warning the server, plus, it doesn’t lag much when creating a 100x100 platform, so it may be something else. And doing worldedit for someone who doesnt have it isnt against the rules ^^^is ^^^it?
@Nyxuzz Yes it does heavily lag the server when it is so high up, as Dico mentioned, it has to update ALL of the blocks below it, which means the higher up it is the laggier it becomes. Also I don’t believe that anyone said that Worldediting for a non-builder is illegal? Anyways, not really a helpful comment since his NoWE expired over 2 weeks ago. locked
This thread is locked.