Make mini modding against the rules for under trusteds trusteds

RedstonerCommunity vote → Make mini modding against the rules for under trusteds trusteds

Why? Because mini modding is annoying as shit

What’s mini modding? Mini modding is saying things like caps or spam, without being a mod.

Why should trusteds be allowed to do it? Because they’re more trusted than builders and lower ranks, quite obviously. Also, they are likely to be more just than builders, who may not know the rules as much.

Note: In no way am I attempting to discriminate against builders, nor am I trying to offend them. It would be easier and trusteds can generally be trusted more with things like that.

Do you think mini modding should be against the rules? ==Yes== / ==No==

###Feel free to elaborate on your opinions! Also, don’t argue! Only vote!

==Yes== if someone is spamming when there are no staff on.

==No== if people are saying “lag!” when there are staff online to solve it.

eh, i don’t think this is really my decision lol, but i agree with cookie, “lag” when there are staff just doesn’t work but some occasions, its ok +1

+1

Cuz when there are tons of builders on it just makes the lag worse.

+1 for @CookieRedstone

Me and @PyjamaL1ama have said several times not to say caps and spam atleast when there are mods on to solve it, and about the lag when it lags…..We know that it lags please do not say it.

And also when it lags for you try and do /lag, if the TPS is low and/or it doesn’t show straight away it is most probably server lag, but if the TPS is normail (close to 20) do not say lag since then it is either client side or your internet.

@CookieRedstone , they should ask them politely not to spam and if they don’t stop, report them.
+1 for the creation of this rule.
Mini modding should be punishable for everyone, including trusteds. Along with builders, they are the worst offenders (especially a select few). I did actually post a thread on this today.
I think its cute, people trying to be high and mighty like a mod. It is anoying tho so dont do it, if there isnt a mod on just /report it, if there is a mod on they probably know

###Guys I said to not discuss things in the thread, please delete any replies that do not have a vote in them, or edit your post so it does have an opinion in it. If you have already voted, please delete any later replies.

Edit by PJ: I think discussion is necessary here actually.

I personally don’t think it’s a big deal, however I would be very sad not to be able to express my frustration when someone spams or capses the chat personally. If nothing is done about it within a little while, it should be allowed I think. And if there’s lag… what if you’re an exception having lag? We can tell people to use /ping instead of filling the chat with ‘lag?’. That’s something we can do. We can write a plugin even that makes them ping when they write lag?. But I don’t think we should make saying ‘please no caps’ or just ‘caps’ or ‘spam’ against the rules. Rule enforcing would become a hassle too, and it’s just too small of a deal for the work mods would have to put in kicking people
@Dico200 I think if no staff are online, people should give warnings in the form of full sentences instead of one word. If the offender continues that’s the time to use /report, hence the word warnings. Even worse is when we are online! We don’t need our job doing for us!

@PyjamaL1ama i disagree there. Sometimes, yes, you DO need your job done for you. (You as in general staff). I, SO MANY TIMES, have had to msg and repeatedly try to get staff to help a newbie/new visitor or whatever because they are “tired” of getting asked the same questions and don’t feel like helping. That’s poor staffing, and people that respond like that to people in need aren’t fit for staffing. I’ve seen this happen so many times. Not naming anyone in particular

@Deeeedo To be honest, anyone can answer questions for newbies. As far as I know, that is not specifically a mod’s job, though included in it. Answering questions is no problem unless whoever asks them can either get their answers very easily from somewhere else or if they are actually just incompetent ._.

So what I’m saying is: Yes, you can answer questions for people, of course. However, doing so is not doing our jobs for us, although often it makes them a lot easier.

###Dammit I said no discussion. Make a separate thread if you want to discuss, if you don’t want to do that then don’t discuss at all. It’s difficult to see what’s going on because of the discussion.

@barrygold21 if you haven’t seen what @PyjamaL1ama edited onto your last reply about no discussion here it is again:

Edit by PJ: I think discussion is necessary here actually.

This is a topic that needs to be discussed both by players and staff, to see if we can come to a agreement if it should be allowed or not. So basically this need to be discussed since it is a topic that many people experience everyday on the server, and for staff it is a little bit annoying.

@Futsy sigh

I certainly have read what PJ stated, before I created my post.

I’m sick of threads looking messy like this, so I want a fucking thread for discussion separately so this one doesn’t look messy and difficult to navigate.

If people continue to discuss on this thread I will simply remove the thread. Make a fucking separate one, I’m sick of how difficult you all make it to navigate these forum posts.

@barrygold21 saying that could work if you link a thread to discuss on. This needs to be discussed. Here, I’ll count for you. Please don’t remove the thread. In favor: ±9 Against: ±2

@PyjamaL1ama I can see where you’re coming from with no saying ‘caps’ or ‘spam’, and adding that rule seems fine by me, considering most people appear to agree with the rule.

Let’s add something to this though, it should be allowed when:

• There are no moderators online (you can’t really rely on me to take care of it, I don’t follow all of the chat.. so don’t include admins here I guess)
  • There is no response from the mods within … 15 seconds? You could probably say <mod name here>, <player name here> capsed!, or something such.

Regarding the rule for not being allowed to say ‘lag?’, this only makes sense if someone just used /warn or /warnp. If that wasn’t called, then it should be allowed. As I mentioned, we could easily add a clause to our misc module which catches these messages and makes you write /ping instead.

Even though I have never seen anyone use other terms for “spam” and “caps,” but please block terms like “flood (means spam)” and “flaming (capsing).”
@Dico200 that module sounds great :)

I do not want to make redstoner a place where what you say is controlled by our plugins or defined by the rules, I want to keep this effect under control. Answerbot already blocks quite a bit for good sake, but we really can’t keep you from saying any of those things without a good filter.

Thus I’m not going to block words such as ‘flood’ or ‘flame’

Also, this doesn’t only need to filter ‘caps’ or ‘spam’ I think. Because then people will just say ‘cerps’ or ‘spem’

Honestly dico said it good:

" I don’t want to make redstoner a place where what you say is controlled by our plugins."

• tbh this whole thing seems so pointless and dumb. I feel like the mods just need to “get over it” and realize how little of a problem this is. I MEAN FOR REAL: is someone saying “lag, spam, he capsed!!” THAT BIG OF A DEAL???!!

I think we should all just move on in life focusing on the golden sunsets that lie in store for each of us if we just choose to move forward in dignity.

Yes I am serious.

Greetings

Deeedu

@Deeeedo you don’t realise how annoying it is for us do you? -,-
@PyjamaL1ama i actually would seeing as how i was mod in training. but all I’m saying is all this debate and plugin making or whatever etc etc is pointless – such a small issue (people saying lag spam caps) shouldn’t be “annoying”

people should give warnings in the form of full sentences instead of one word

Replace people with staff and you have another problem solved

What’s mini modding? Mini modding is saying things like caps or spam, without being a mod.

The way I interpret ‘Mini Modding’ is when a user enforces rules on another player while another Staff Member is online, an example of this is “Player1 stop using Caps please.' or “Player1 stop breaking the rules” saying something like ‘Caps’ in my mind is not considered ‘Mini Modding’

@FoggyIO, it’s annoying as f*ck for staff when people spam “caps”, “spam”, or “lag”, or anything of the like.