Post your setup!

Off topicOther → Post your setup!

Post pictures of your computer / room setup, pictures first details after pics.

For anyone who doesn’t know how to post pics ![img](image_url)

@Doomblah Mouse on the left? NOOO!

img

My setup with a bit of random stuff :P

@futsy I didn’t know you were a cuber…?

anyway nice setup :p

Yeah no, you need the actual direct link, thats not it
question, why not just fucking put it on imgur or puush? im not clicking those links
Yea @PyjamaL1ama im left handed, i thought you knew that…
i see you got a naga aswell, although i prefer my old design naga the new ones look so boxy
@PanFritz actually despite the look, it feels great in your hand, I’d assume you’re using one with membrane switches? :P
I guess so although ive never had a problem realizing if ive clicked or not
@Futsy SAME DESK!
@Dico200 Ayyyy :D

img

One’s setup is not complete without a skunk mascot. Also I have no idea why the fuck there’s a jar of coriander on my desk

(The picture in imgur because why the hell not) https://imgur.com/WIUH2rf

@PanFritz only the thumb buttons are boxy, but it feels nice. Otherwise its a really smooth surface that fits perfectly in my hand, i love it to death and wouldn’t pick any other mouse over it. Mostly for the left handedness and not dumb ambidextrous-ness.

Just reserving my spot here, pics will follow! Lots of! >:D

Just to tease you a little: I can’t fit it onto one pic cause it’s several desks :P Multiple computers involved, multiple screens, a shitload of wires, some nice soundsystem and most important: My lights :D

Mwahaha

~Pepich~

@Doomblah im left handed too <3 at least for most things. Cause for some things, such as using a mouse, I’m right handed ,_,
@Dico200 Do you know where I can find that desk? I’m supposed to be getting one sometime next year (along with a lot of other shit so I actually have a setup and not just sitting on my bed with my craptop ;-;) and yours looks great c:
@Deeeeeeeeeedo and @Doomblah im also left handed ._.
I’m ambidextrous…. I prefer to use a left handed mouse but my parents think otherwise lol. I’d like to get a naga that’s left handed :p

I’m ambidextrous too Barry. haha so when I started playing baseball I could throw with my left and right arm >:D after a while I decided my left one was stronger. And in parkour/freerunning I flip different ways and favor different sides so weird c;

I’m nut going to post pics cause my setup is literally some crap speakers the mouse and the monitor on the desk ,_,

@jomo I have that setup too. Did you get it off Amazon?
@LogalGamer he might have got on Amazon Or from Google Images

img

Yes my mousepad I know it has so much balls xD

typewriter downloadmoreink.com
@PyjamaL1ama I bought it from ikea.
Thanks @Dico200 , I actually have an IKEA within a reasonable shopping distance :D
@bela333 that made my day <3 soooooooo funny
I got my desk from IKEA too I believe xD

My setup :-D

OVERKILL AUDIO FTW!

Mushroomcow C-:

Specs coming soon, also laptop setup/specs :-D

10/10 would cow again @Stomachfoot
Can I post a picture of my couch?
image I don’t know how to put picture. If you know how to picture tell meh.
@OmegaPilot360 read the post.
@CookieRedstone I did, and I tried. It doesn’t work.

Wait, I think I got it… img

nvm

img Got it. 2 mice, a joystick, a gamepad, a blue tooth headset, a usb hub, and 3 screens. Still waiting for my Oculus Rift.
yay a fellow mac user!
If you guys don’t mind a huge necropost sometime in 2016, I will be redoing my room and getting a proper desk and PC so I’ll probably post my setup then :D
I think I might invest in some better hardware even though i’m happy with my set-up how it is.

Here’s my setup img My PC is to the right by the way. And I just ordered a new BenQ monitor so the second monitor doesn’t look so ugly being smaller. And I switched my keyboard to an older white one so I can type faster. And the old computer where the smaller monitor is standing got trashed. It was a Pentium 4 PC. 2slow4me

Anybody interested in my PC specs? I did a PC build log vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyEkG09UK94

Basically I have an i7-4770K OC to 4 GHz, a Z97 chipset, 8GB RAM, 2TB Seagate HDD, and an ASUS GTX 660 Ti (gonna switch to GTX 960 Ti when it releases).

@ScienceRedstone What’s with the cling wrap on your keyboard btw?
@Nyxeon Long story short, dust. But it never felt right on my fingers so I got a new keyboard (this new keyboard feels better, too).

img

Current setup. And yes, it’s a laptop hooked up to a monitor because I regret my decision of getting a laptop for “gaming”. But yea, fully new setup coming in around February so I’ll post a picture then. New PC, bigger desk and some other fancy shits.

EDIT: I think I did something wrong on the formatting :/

REEDIT: I fixed it

Sebbe you gotta use the img link not the imgur page link
I’m moving into a new room in 8 weeks, so I’ll post my setup when that’s done :)

@SebTheSir Nobody gives a shit if you use a laptop for gaming xD

In fact, that’s a better idea

Also, @SebTheSir Razor much?
@SebTheSir Awesome keyboard, so jelly

Lol @Nyxeon I prefer the desktop feel though :).

And yea, other than liking the brand all the peripherals were for a really good deal @ATastyCookie.

@Doomblah, yea I love it :D. Got it for a really good deal last summer.

Skype me @SebTheSir D:

My Setup! img

Under the table

img

– i5 Quad Core – 14GB RAM – Primary Drive: 256GB Samsung EVO SSD – Secondary Drive: Toshiba 200GB HDD – Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 750 SC Ti

14 GB of RAM??!!?? You make me jelly D:
xD @Ralp @CookieRedstone
Dang it’s 14 GB… 8GB + 6GB sticks?
“[Nyx’s computer] Starting windows XP 0.01 beta”
@Mr_RedSheep wut @ScienceRedstone yes
Just ordered a new keyboard for my setup :D

Here’s my new and updated setup!

![Dual Monitor Display] (https://i.imgur.com/2jdLMWJ.png)

I moved my computer to a more roomy area. I also replaced the smaller monitor with a new BenQ RL2455HM 1080p monitor. That’s pretty much it.

@ScienceRedstone Ew your keyboard is horrible ;-;
Anybody got suggestio- nvm fuck that new post

@PyjamaL1ama Yes. Yes it is.

TBH this keyboard is just about the same as the newest keyboard I have. Besides, it uses a PS2 connection and I like the sound that it makes.

Sound? Take my sound away pls.

So I recently made quite a few updates to my setup.

Above the desk: img

So, basically, I got a new and bigger desk and rearranged my peripherals and all that shit.

Under the desk: img

Basically just cable management and my PC which I got on my birthday. I’m pretty happy with the cables. But yea, anyway, onto specs?

Heart of the pc is the new i7 6700 Skylake CPU, together with 16gb of RAM. For running all the games I have the GTX 970 which is more than enough for my needs lol. Boot drive is a 128gb SSD and then I have a 1tb HDD for mass storage.

@Nyxis lol I totally forgot to mention that.. I have no idea how it ended up so dirty, and it’s really hard to get rid of. I used to have the same kind of dust by and even above my old bed, but I’ll give it a cleaning when I’m free.
@SebTheSir your wires look very organized, however the headphone cable drives me mad xD
@CookieRedstone haha I know.. I mean it’s nothing you see from above the desk, but for the sake of it I might mount some cabledrops underneath the table to hold the wire up. Might also get some velcros to run the wires from the computer by the table leg, and even get one of those cablehiding things for the cables from the TV (although I’ll move it later). Aesthetics are really important to me lol.
you can also drill a hole in your desk, under the keyboard, and run the wires through there, easier said then done however.
@CookieRedstone I had that in thought, but I’ll wait with that a bit, when I’m sure about all the positions of everything.
I wouldn’t drill a hole it ruins the perfect smoothness and whiteness of the table ;-;

@ScienceRedstone

under the keyboard

Jomo’s PC Specs:

128GB DDR5 RAM 3 Kermit GTX x5962 HD Titan XXX Runs High graphic games at 800+ FPS 36 CORE Processor 16TB HDD OS: Kermit 10 PRO DVD Super Multi Drive

Sebbe = WII U :D Happens by chance

img

PRODUCER :Lenovo, LG, AMD

PC SPECS: 12GB DDR3 RAM AMD RADEON 6320 HD GPU 500GB HDD OS WIN 10 AMD DUAL CORE PROCESSOR 1368x720 LG MONITOR

I couldn’t find a image on my pictures folder so I found the same one on Google

Imgur

Specs: 8GB RAM DDR3 4x 550MHz AMD APU 1TB 100KB/s SSD 1368x720 15.6" Monitor

#WorldsBestSetup

img img

My phone camera is crap, so excuse the image quality :P

Someone fix these ;-;

Fixed by Dico

Right so I got my hands on a good camera and thought I would try some photography. As a result I have ended up with a bunch of images of my set-up so I thought I might as well contribute to this thread :P HP Envy15 QuadCore + Duel Graphics HP Envy15 QuadCore + Duel Graphics HP Envy15 QuadCore + Duel Graphics HP Envy15 QuadCore + Duel Graphics Blue Snowball ICE Blue Snowball ICE black edition Novation Launchpad S Novation Launchpad S RAT M Wireless Mouse RAT M Wireless Mouse Sorry if this is a big post, this was originally me just messing around with a camera remember :P
@KPkiller1671 CUBER
@Hardfg5000 of course :P
Nice KP! You any good at the Launchpad?
@Aberdeened I like to think I’m pretty good with it :P I mainly use it as a mix board for my music and a macro board to run functions on my computer though. I also use it as a LED display for some programming projects :P

Nice KP:) img

Basic but I leik it

Cool! I saw that on your LogalChat thread.. T60 bros xD Yeah, I’m about to upgrade I think…

Okay so I finally got to taking some pictures of this thing :P

==Disclaimer:== Even though my second monitor is glossy, you can’t see my face anywhere, no nightmares this time :) And also don’t try reading anything off of Redstoner’s console, I blurred out all IPs that were readable to more than 1 digit

Thanks @PanFritz for the glorious background ;)

Overview of the setup myah

#arduino under the first monitor

overview

I even cleaned up my cable management somewhat @Pepich1851 ;)

(I know it doesn’t look like much but the power splitter is actually hot-glued to the table and there is a zip-tie near the giant hovering magical blob of cables)

cablez

Here is the inside of it

YAY rainbow cables! It doesn’t have a side window so I don’t care that much.

internals

And here is my lonely SSD on the other side of the case :c

SSD

And obviously… NemeServer™ 42O.0

Server

==EDIT: I guess some people would also be interested in the specs so here we go!==

Laptop

Display: 1336x768 @ 60 Hz (probably TN panel) CPU: Intel core i3-2350M (2 cores, 4 threads; 2.3 GHz) GPU: Integrated Intel HD 3000 RAM: 4 GB Drive: some ADATA 128 GB SSD

Desktop

Display: 2x 1920x1080 IPS @ 60 Hz CPU: Intel core i5-4460 (4 cores, 4 threads; 3.2 GHz - 3.4 turbo) GPU: Integrated Intel HD 4600 RAM: 24 GB Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD + 1 TB Western digital blue Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H

==Edit:==

Desktop

Added a dedicated GPU: AMD Radeon R7-360 overclocked @ 1200 MHz (768 stream processors, 2 GB VRAM)

Laptop

I gave the red laptop to my mum and am using her ‘old’ laptop as a server

Display: 1366x768 TN @ 60 Hz CPU: AMD E1-2500 (2 cores, 2 threads; 1.4 GHz - no turbo) GPU: Integrated Radeon HD 8240 @ 400 MHz (128 stream processors, shared memory) RAM: 4 GB Drives: 1 TB Western digital blue mobile Motherboard: idk, its a laptop… Special notes: borken battery, running Ubuntu 16.04 server edition

==Another update:==

Desktop

Added a sexy Intel 540 SSD (120 GB)

Look at all those unused PCI(E) bracket slots… And the stock heatsink xD
Lel, my table is kinda messy tho xD

Updates have happened…

img

Last time I didn’t run through everything so let’s do that this time :p

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series Monitor: Dell U2414H Speakers: Trust Soundwave 80 3D Plus (family relic here, they’re pretty ancient) Keyboard: Dell Sk-8115 aka that one that everyone has Mouse: The only thing it says on it is “Microsoft” so yeah, that one. Printer: Canon iP4700 series iPod: Shuffle 1GB, yeah 1GB. Hard drive: Western digital 2TB I dunno what model. I know it’s huge and old but it was free (previous owner: Croydon Council…), don’t knock it.

My headphones are missing from the picture (wearing them), they’re Plantronics RIG (from what I can see from a quick Google search)

Other crap in the picture!

Casio fx-85Gt Plus (calculator) Random light A chair A bulletin board thing A wall My brother’s poster The skirting board A few bits of crap on my chair which are there so my desk was tidy for the picture :p

That wallpaper though.

my setup is a 11 inch laptop that is tiny and there are no speakers (cuz i use earbuds cuz why not) and my desk is usually my laptop or if im lucky, the dining table, or my bed, and my mouse is wired and my mousepad i never carry around with me and yeaaaaaa. . . hi

edit: “and my desk is usually my laptop” i meant to say my lap but dat typo doe. . . its been a long day

@logal U think ur laptop is crap, well mine is shit: Introducing the brand new (old) ORIGINAL MAC SHIT AIR. yea. . .

Here is an update of my setup, it is not done yet but I thought I might aswell show you.

setup

After a few years, with my older setup, i thought i really should upgrade… Digital FTW!

:D

lol I have gotten upgardes as wall. . . alt text hue, the pun
@CookieDeLeScrub Fixed your image for you
Here’s my setup: img jk
WOW @Tsskyx that’s the most expansive setup in the world, so much better then mine, just look at the ram fitting perfectly in there! Great setup! c:
@CookieDeLeScrub xD
Oh, @CookieDeLeScrub, what’s that massive trophy for btw? :P
I dont really use my laptop monitor/keyboard, and the throphy is something I won by being awesome at tabletennis c: And there’s actually 2 thropies now aswell :) (smaller one though)
@CookieDeLeScrub Cool, I hate sport and I suck at it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Bk9SDsLcQ

Thats my setup tour video. sorry if this is sort of necroposty (fuck, this is a pinned thread right??)

@AberLaWedstuner It’s alright, I’m gonna post my setup once it’s finished later this year. Redoing my room atm tho.

Since @PJ you said it’s alright (:3) Setup Update(not really): alt text alt text alt text alt text alt text Specs: Desktop: AMD a4-7300, a nifty beast for less than $50 [dual core 3.8ghz] Some gigabyte motherboard that came with the cpu 8GB Patriot Viper DDR3 1800mhz RAM Radeon HD8470D (or something like that), came with CPU cuz APU Hitachi 500gb SATA Corsair Spec 02 (with air holes the size of cheese grater holes) Some old Lenovo keyboard that works Microsoft Mobile Mouse 6000 ASU Mouse pad AOC e2051Sd 1600x900 59hz Dolphins x2 :3

[Not pictured] Acer Aspire R11 The “original” macbook air (aka mac shit air) Broken Sony Vaio laptop (that my mom dropped) Old windows XP Acer netbook (that is missing half its power cord) Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (meh phone :D)

Wallpapers are either various gigabyte wallpapers or the last one: the city of Phoenix (where I live :3) at night, so bootiful The dolphins are obviously the most important thing (orcas are dolphins too) since they migrate every picture :D

@Crazy2Larry same phone.
I’m using a motorola moto G 3rd gen Downside is that no fucking repair shop in finland can repair it and all the G3 replacement screens on amazon dont ship here. Im planning on getting an LG G4 soon.
@TuQuoiCompagnon Hey Arma can I have a link to your old wall paper on yout left hand moniter? I belive it was a door with cool cinimatic clouds? Thanks, -aber

img img img Sorry for the black box at the first pic but there was stuff that noone needs to see and I was too lazy to make a new pic :3

About the stuff that’s on there (left to right):

My soldering/electronics stuff. Yeah the thingy that I put together there on the breadboard actually works and is a DMX controller. Wifi controls still WIP, too lazy to program the wifi chip xD The multimeter is a VC155, the soldering station a ST-50A (both Voltcraft - actually all my tools are voltcraft, except my hot glue gun, I cheaped out on that one lol)

The heart of the setup, my main computer. The device in question is a macbook pro (mid 2015) retina 15" with 16GB of dedotated wam, an i7 4860HQ, an AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2048 MB of VRAM as the GPU as well as a few peripherals that I’ll talk about now.

The keyboard is a G710+ from Logitech, pairing up nicely with the G700s as my choice for the mouse.

The big screen is a 23.6" Asus VH247H 1080p 2ms display, I honestly like it but I’m considering upgrading to a 4k display for image/video manipulation.

Below the mac, there’s a small green lighting thingy being my headset soundcard, the headset in question is a Sennheiser 363D coming with that dedicated soundcard to produce amazing virtual surround, yet sadly the drivers are windows only so I need to use my other computer to enjoy its full potential.

All those peripherals (except the screen lol) are connected to a cheap ass sitecom powered USB 3.0 hub, hiding under the monitor.

Beneath that USB hub there’s my small raspberry pi B+ serving as media and web server as well as (soon to be) NAS and light controller. Just gotta finally finish it xD

Next in chain are some sweets. Random ass sweets. Just because.

Then my phone. Yay. Much interesting, such wow.

And then there’s a pile of chocolate. Everyone loves chocolate. Especially me. And no, you can’t have any, it’s ALL MINE! MWAHAHA >:D.

Last but not least (yeah they’re fairly hidden ik so gz if you spotted them :3) my two cubes, just standard rubik’s cubes. Nothing fancy. 3x3 and 4x4. Not much of a cuber therefor I don’t need more :P I know how to solve up to 7x7 but I don’t own one. Last time I solved one I borrowed it from a friend :P

Things that I didn’t show you yet:

My other computer (which is currently used by my brother cause his PSU popped ._.) My book collection (damn son why did I forget that - and why did I write it here instead of making pics? Maybe cause it’s like COMPLETELY UNTIDY? Who knows?) My 2nd desk (cause it’s empty. Computer ain’t there, you know?) My speakers. They’re hidden and used via bluetooth :P

The switch and my big ass drives hiding behind the screen. Those are a TPLink 8 port gigabit switch, a 2TB Intenso USB 3.0 HDD (3.5"), a 1TB Samsung USB 3.0 HDD (2.5") and a 500GB Samsung USB 3.0 SSD for my media collection.

And I skipped out on my whiteboard(s) as well, those are boring. Didn’t have anything interesting on them at the time so I might put them here once I got a weird physics thingy or sth to put on there xD

Greetings

~Pepich~

@Pepich1851 Solve those cubes pls. Hurting me ;-;

Also, I want some of dat chocolate :C

@Pepich1851 Would you recommend your ASUS monitor?
Solve that damn cube viper ;-;
pj you know he just twisted the corners right
No, I didn’t. If you look at one corner, it’s red on the orange side. Since when is the red face next to the orange face? I was just at OLL.
Still? Solve it xD
Don’t worry, I solved it… And then some.
@PyjamaL1ama when are your pics coming out??
@AberBoi Later this year hopefully

@Pepich1851 got the same keyboard bro! Well, not the plus version, the one with MX Blues. Anyway, sweet setup :).

But yea, might update with a new photo again soon. Just gotta buy a few stuff lol…

@SebTheSir RETURNS :o
I’m crying on the inside for you.

I finally got myself to post my REAL setup…

It is a toaster…

Alright, I lied again. here is the actual image:

Mai setup :O

I may or may not be upgrading to something else… IDK yet. Also @bela333 you are the one person I know who has a Wii U

More significant updates have occured

img

img

Alright, peripherals then specs:

Left Monitor: Dell U2414H Right Monitor: Dell 1702FP (hand-me-down, it was released in 2001 :p) Keyboard: Ajazz AK33 with Zorro (fake cherry) blacks (more similar to Cherry Reds) Mouse: Logitech M-BJ58 (plan on replacing this soon, with the mousepad) Speakers: Trust Soundwave 80 3D Plus Headset: Plantronics RIG

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 2500k overclocked to 4.1 - turbo-ing to 5GHz (1.37V) GPU: Sapphire Reference R9 290X Motherboard: Gigabyte GA - P67A-UD4 RAM: 16GB Generic Micron memory CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x31 (nothing fancy, there was a good deal on) Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX (yes, I’m using one of the best sound cards available (cheers cheap ebay deals) with a headset, waiting on money for better :p) SSD: 120GB Kingston UV400 HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda & 2 x WD Green 1TB drives that aren’t plugged in yet but will act as a RAID 1 redundant backup for the rest of the system) PSU: Seasonic SC12II 620W 80+ Bronze Case: NZXT S340 Other: White cable extensions from Silverstone because looks

Other shit on the desk:

Some random screwdriver, I go in my case a lot. A pink princess cup that I bought for €10 at Disneyland A stock Intel heatsink being used as a coaster because that’s all it’s worth.

That’s a beautiful PC Arma. Although they’re vastly different, it reminds me of my own. I have a ded sound card too but not as high end - xonar dgx (since recently, when I upgraded the fans too)

Nice custom cables, very clean cable management.

Great looking pc, like it a lot C:
Its better than my iPhone camera img
nice peripherals though i don’t much care for your choice of laptop :p
@Shannon69 Programming purposes

PSU died so now I have a test bench to test the new PSU:

https://i.imgur.com/Hgt3yjL.png

I also added a TPLink PCI WiFi card I found inside another computer for te lolz

@Shannon69 I just noticed your… pink princess cup. lmao.

I’m bored. So I might as well show off my own setup… img img img Top Picture: My whole setup. Haven’t really bothered with cable management yet, still procrastinating on it :P

Middle Picture: This is my most prized possession, my first ever custom built pc :D Specs!!!

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K at 4.4 Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ RAM: 16 GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX at 2666 Mhz Motherboard: Asus Z170 Sabertooth S CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT AiO Liquid Cooler PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 250 GB HDD: Seagate 2 TB Case: Anidees AI Crystal Tempered Glass Some Mods: Custom GPU backplate from V1 Tech, custom PSU cables from Cable Mod, and custom painted cable management cover on the right, and painted PCI-E slots on the right.

Bottom Picture: My keyboard, because why not? :P

oi @Skrileton. was hoping that my pc would be the nicest one on this thread for a little longer than it was ;) seriously though very sexy build, despite me not being the greatest fan of that case ;)

and @PyjamaL1ama are you telling me you DON’T have a pink princess cup?

heh. I actually have 2 different cases I could swap to, but man I love tempered glass and white led fans :P
i like tempered glass, never really liked LED fans as I can always notice the flicker and don’t think they actually look that nice, so I would always stick with regular fans, also nice choice of keyboard but i’d prefer the k70 rgb or the k65 (i think the k65 is the most beautiful keyboard ever made, just can’t afford one right now :p)
I love the Strafe RGB so much, the LEDs in the dark are absolutely gorgeous. the K65 is good, but I prefer to have a numpad :P and I don’t really need all the macro keys from the K70
k70 is like the strafe, it’s the k95 with all the macro keys ;) (and that thing’s ugly imo)

All the rubics cubes lul

on another note,that PC is sexy as all hell <insert fire emoji and 100s here>

Oh and @Shannon69 I think you should get RAM with heat spreaders imo

i plan on purchasing some aftermarket heatspreaders, they’re the cheapest things ever :p

as i’m sure you can tell by my choice of parts (bearing in mind i built it like a month ago and those parts are between 3 and 5 years old) i was on a very tight budget and was buying everything from ebay :p there just so happened to be a fantastic deal on the ram

so eh time for my suckish laptop thing… yay (not gonna do specs fuck that)

ehh so heres my shitty fucking laptop thats fucking broken…. legit its shatterd in the upper left corner… rip https://gyazo.com/eb6d8e52b9b5cc9394c5a3cf2317372d

heres a thing thats tottaly not overkill…. https://gyazo.com/41ab1352497caf38c262fcf3e1395266

and finnaly… a shitty pc…. with a good screen fucking for doing movies homework and probs lazy skyping or smthng

Same desk as me and Dico :O
@bobmandude9889 same desk as me too man :o
I want that desk lmao
@bobmandude9889 what’s that pc?
@CookieSwagStone Fractal design define r4 white w/ window Msi z97s sli krait edition I7 4790k 16 gb ddr4 ram 2tb hdd 120gb ssd Gtx 970 Corsair h100i water-cooler

@bobmandude9889 ‘slightly’ XD

I have the SLI Krait Edition too :o

@ScienceRedstone lol its only a little bit krait edition
@bobmandude9889 what’s the actual model tho?
@ScienceRedstone model of what? I built the computer if that’s what you mean

Welp, I got a new desk. Cleaner, bigger, and all around better :)

img

All these fancy pc’s… jumps while drinking bleach
@Skrileton you should get a stand or hanger for those beautiful headphones.
All I need is a better case and GPU and I would have a decent PC… :c
@CookieSwagStone I’m looking to invest in a stand soon, just need the money :P
Money for tempered glass case, no hanger for expensive headphones.
I could litteraly build one of those usb hub headphone stands for basicaly free…
@Skrileton no speakers? :o
Cuz bass n shit shaky house ;)
@LogalCoder basically summed it up for me :P And I have the money for the hanger, just too lazy to buy one…

https://youtu.be/Ma292NWv5pE

Made this video today. I thought I would revisit my setup type videos as my original one was really bad lol. If you goto the last ~30 seconds of the video it shows the full setup put together.

enjoy :D

-aber

Something new coming to a redstoner.com near you, featuring a build by StorageESP…

(Ordered parts for a new PC yesterday)

Oh right that PC thing…

img

(Temporary setup until about February when I get a new keyboard and a proper desk)

Oh yas tis a fancy machine

Specs:

i5-6600k (very overkill but I stream for about 7 hours a day on it, so it’s pretty good) Gigabyte 1060 6GB G1 Windforce OC (very wordy, and I probably got it wrong lol) Be quiet dark rock pro (I think) EVGA supernova NEX 650W (Now with 80+ gold : D) CoolerMaster mastercase 5 pro (the cool thing you put all the components in, in other words) Samsung 850 250GB SSD Asus Z170-A Asus VC239H (the thingy that lets you see : o) Corsair LPX 16GB (I have more RAM than a flock of sheep!) CM storm havoc (mouse) Steelseries QcK+ (mousepad) The keyboard atm is the one that came with my old PC. Next keyboard will probably be the Corsair K65 RGB though. (Can’t remember the headphones atm but this won’t be here when I check tomorrow)

Slightly overkill, but it does stuff well. Benchmarks will be soonTM

The CPU doesn’t rise above 55°C GPU doesn’t go above 60°C (that is, until I start pushing it!)

Ermergerd genji background (genji is my main)

Ermergerd genji background (genji is my main)

Genji is the best, can’t wait to get the game xd (tried it on a friend’s machine c:)

lol, as much as I like Genji, Zenyatta is my main :P
Overwatch is the bae

#My Setup sucks :(

##REALLY A FUCKING WINDOWS MOUSE

##and OF COURSE a win 95 F*ckin keybaord

#PC Shit:

And i also found out how to use imgur (>O<)

What i know /Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 2.67 GHz RAM: 4GB 64 Bit

Other shit: Logitech Headphones (These cost more than the majority of the setup) Shitty mouse Shitty keybaord Shitty 60hz Display Rubik’s cube

Also just ran a pc test and my rating is 4.1… fuck

EDIT: @Flearoy fixed -.-

I will be posting my set up soon

Apparently 60Hz is shitty now, everyone.

60Hz is arguably the best, because latency on the monitor gets “worse” the higher your refresh rate, and after about 75Hz you really can’t tell the difference (75fps on a 75Hz monitor looks basically the same as 75fps on a 144Hz monitor)

Smh

@barrygold_ but why would one buy a 144Hz refresh rate monitor if they know that it will never be used to its full potential?

but why would one buy a 144Hz refresh rate monitor if they know that it will never be used to its full potential?

??? :D ??? I’m using it as an example, i.e you limit frames for the sake of this test

Anyway 144fps on a 144Hz monitor looks basically the same (apart from the fact the monitor probably has higher resolution and a larger screen size) as 75fps on 75Hz, same with 100fps on 100Hz. After about 60Hz it really doesn’t matter much at all.

Also if you could not mention me seeing as this isn’t in the slightest bit important that’d be great

Well i only manage to hit about 60 fps ingame so :D

after about 75Hz you really can’t tell the difference

speak for yourself mate. Pretty much everyone I know can tell the difference. I lust after more than 60 which is all I can get at the moment :p. 60 is nice; 144 is nicer. Also the response times don’t really get worse, hence the abundance of 144Hz 1ms monitors (not that there’s really any difference in input lag (for most people) until you either get very good at games or you get into quite bad input lag)

Well i only manage to hit about 60 fps ingame so :D

FPS In game doesn’t matter compared to the frames that you’re viewing through your monitor. The difference is that one you don’t care about, and the other you do; when you record things. Only when you start to record and edit content then you’ll have issues with 60fps ingame. Also, Assuming you didn’t buy a graphics card, (because you would remember it and therefore put the name there), and are using the integrated CPU graphics, 60fps is pretty impressive for a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 2.67 GHz

the website says it has a 9600GS. It’s about 2.5 times faster than the beloved GT 210 according to techpowerup (so still shite). Besides, minecraft is usual more CPU bound and his CPU isn’t that bad, it seems pretty badly optimised but whatever, doesn’t affect me c:
i hope so. those cables are giving me every disease

Cable management is gonna be hard with what i have to put up with

Btw oscar thats not my setup thats just all the stuff i have and need to implement :P

I nominate burger’s setup for messiest setup and sebbe’s for cleanest^(but most likely gonna catch on fire)
As i said. That isnt my setup that was just all my stuff sitting on my new desk and needing to install everything
Alright so i pretty much did the cables… its my first time please dont judge XD im for sure gonna change it in the future… dw https://imgur.com/pjgTMav
Better cable management then what I tried for my temporary setup, which is still my temporary setup 9 months later.
Heyyy pretty good
Nice Maxxter mouse, I have the same one in red, action gaming mouses ftw xd.
Its not maxxter tho it just looks really similar

Thought I’d share my friend’s baller setup for shits and gigs:

foobar

(He has two monitors now lel)

His raw specs:

CPU: Intel Core I7 4790K GPU: Nvidia gforce GTX960 (4GB) MSI oc RAM: 16GB crucial Ballistix sport @ 1600Mhz (He’s done some OCing on it recently though I think LOL) PSU: Be Quiet! Straight power 10 400W SSD: Intel 530 Series 240GB

(case is custom)

His peripherals:

Monitor: ASUS V279H monitor, 27Inch 1080P Sound system: Logitech Z5500 Satelites: Artsound AS20 Keyboard: Steelseries 6GV2 Mouse: CMstorm Havoc & MX master Leds: IKEA 12V leds strips under the shelf

######Totally didn’t copy this from here!

Bequiet 10/10, but no secondary HDD?

Is a secondary HDD required now?

If one wants to fit any kind of data on their computer yes. His other specs (like the gpu) indicate he’s either gaming or running something with CUDA acceleration like video editing. Both having games and keeping video files for editing are going to take up more than 240GB lol. I apologise if I missed some sarcasm ;p

@Nyxis well like he has his server for mass storage… Lol.
barry’s on drugs just look at his language (also i have counted you say “shits and gigs” 4 times today, plus this one, barry)
pj he’s just doing it for the shits and gigs
lmao, my friend said “shits and gigs” to me today in physics xD
I’m in a gc on facebook (don’t judge) called Shitz ‘n Gigglez, I like the call from pj. Please end it.

calm down, we said that just for the shits and gig- I dont even.

Btw should I post a new update for my setup? not too much has changed though

Actually @Logal Why dont you upload ur setup?
@BurgerLover1 just for the shits and gigs that’s why
Why wouldnt you though
@Logal Like someone is going to hunt you down from a photo of your computer…
Depends how good the pc is, pj ;)
@Oscargot_ well then I think I have nothing to worry about.
Alright so seeing that 90% of these setups are laptops… i would say my setup isnt that bad after all… i still want a better 1 though.
Lmao @Oscargot_ wanna do a heist on logal?
@PyjamaL1ama sure mate ;)
Logal’s probably installing security systems as we speak
@PyjamaL1ama @Oscargot_ Can I tag in? c:
I’ll add a setup for vacation. (Aka one of my three laptops)
@SmashDoesMC sure. i bet logal has some kind of self-built home security system though.
Got a couple parts on the way, including some shitty old laptop that i got for a good deal on ebay. hoping it works. Updates will come in time (probably like a week or so)

Ayy installed led lights <:

Updates:

img

img

My dad bought a new monitor, so I got a couple of his old ones: Left: Dell 2001 fp Right: Dell 2007 fp Middle (mine): Dell U2414H

Everything here was bought second hand or at a significant discount. Wait long enough and you can get some seriously good deals. Also helped by the fact that I have little social life to spend my money on, so it can all come back to my pc ;)

Keyboard: Ajazz AK33 Mouse: Logitech G602 Headphones: Sennheiser HD558 Earphones (box on left): Sennheiser IE80 Speakers: Trust Soundwave 80 3D Plus Webcam: Logitech C310 DVD player on top of the PC

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 2500k @4.1GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA P67A UD4 GPU: XFX RX 480 RS 4GB RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR3 Cooler: NZXT Kraken x31 Case: NZXT S340 PSU: Seasonic SC12II 620W SSD: Kingston UV400 120GB HDD 1: Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD 2: WD Green 1TB Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX (Backplate from Coldzero.eu) Random cheapo RAID card for second HDD Random cheapo network card cos I needed one once LEDs: Random cheap NZXT ones. Cables: Silverstone extensions ;) Barcelona magnet given to me by a friend from there.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 2760p i5 2450M 8GB DDR3 120GB Kingston UV400 SSD

It has a touchscreen as well, which is quite cool. Absolutely bargain on ebay.

Pretty sick knife as well, I hardly ever use it for its intended purpose but it’s really fun to fiddle with lol.

What price did you get the 2500K for?
Well i have an i5 2400… whats the difference between 2500 and 2400? I assume its just a little bit better

@CookieRedstone No special deal on the 2500k tbh, £73. Standard ebay price for it, but either way it’s a bargain. Overclocking chipset motherboards typically cost a little bit more, but if you wait you can get them for around the same price as the normal ones.

@BurgerLover1 The i5 2500 has a slightly higher clock speed than the 2400, so it’s a bit faster, but the main reason i got the 2500k over the 2400 was the overclockability, so it can be even faster than the 2400 (mine runs ~1GHz faster than a 2400)

I might upgrade it then
Not really worth the money, especially if you can’t overclock it. Tiny, tiny difference. tbh you probably won’t even notice.

Updates!! img img

Almost everything here was purchased by me brand new (except for the CPU and PSU) so yeah. Here we go

Monitor: AOC G2460PQU (Decent monitor, 1080p 144hz IPS, just really large bezels) Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry MX Brown switches (RGB makes no sense because I always have the LEDs set to white) Mouse: Mionix Castor (Most comfortable mouse I’ve used, up to 10,000 DPI) Microphone: Blue Yeti (For when I make the very rare YouTube video) Mouse pad: Corsair MM300 (Pretty much was just an impulse buy) Speaker: Bose SoundLink Color Wireless (Gets the job done, definitely not permanent for this setup)

There’s also a Samsung Wireless Charger on the left. Really handy.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K overclocked to 4.5 Ghz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 Superclocked RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz Motherboard: Asus Z170 Sabertooth S CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT AiO 280mm SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte Black GPU back plate courtesy of V1 Tech Custom sleeved PSU cable courtesy of CableMod Headphones: Sony MDR 1000x

Sooo yeah… if you guys have any recommendations, let me know

Intel Core i7 6700K overclocked to 4.5 Ghz

@barrygold_ It’s a very respectable overclock. I’ve managed to hit 4.8 before but I had temps in the high 90s under load
pcmasterrace is disappointed, my i5-6600k is at 4.6 stable 100% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My computer is now at 4.6 Ghz at 1.37 volts because for some reason you care so much about a 100 mhz difference

lol my 2500k only got to 4.1 at 1.37V. sucks to be me i guess :p

also skril, i think he’s joking, but it’s hard to tell sometimes…

nice updates too ;)

lol my 2500k only got to 4.1 at 1.37V. sucks to be me i guess :p

being serious: 1.37 volts is REALLY high for 4.1 ghz, i have my 4.6 ghz clock at that. lower your voltages a bit and you’ll see much much better temps, especially for your clock speed. 1.37 is what I’d recommend for about 4.6 GHz, btw.

play around with your voltages to see what’s more stable.

being serious: 1.37 volts is REALLY high for 4.1 ghz, i have my 4.6 ghz clock at that. lower your voltages a bit and you’ll see much much better temps, especially for your clock speed. 1.37 is what I’d recommend for about 4.6 GHz, btw. play around with your voltages to see what’s more stable.

Lol you think I haven’t already? It’s just a shit chip (plus overclock results aren’t necessary comparable in this way between generations, though sandy bridge is supposed to be a pretty good overclocker)

1.365V @ 4.1GHz = crash. I’ve done my testing. Temps are at ~70 under a Prime95 stress test, depending on ambient temperatures of course, so they’re fine as well.

1.365V @ 4.1GHz = crash

holy shit

@Skrileton damn that case looks absolutely stunning. The only thing that triggers something in me is the little red square on the SSD.

The only thing that triggers something in me is the little red square on the SSD.

Samsung’s “Pro” line of solid states :')

I’d show mine, which doesn’t have the red square but it’s sorta in the case lol

and yes it triggers me too

@Skrileton Nice background there buddy ;)
Btw @Skrileton what do you think of the stafe’s keycaps? I’m tempted to get the strafe rgb (red) but I like the k70’s keycap font more… Media keys is something else that is a factor for a board, too.
@WandowsTin They’re really nice. Looking back, I really wish I bought the K70 instead of the Strafe because I like the media keys and the volume scroll wheel

I really wish I bought the K70 instead of the Strafe because I like the media keys and the volume scroll wheel

thanks for the input, and helping me make a decision :3

Eh, well I can’t really complain. This keyboard is going to last me quite a while :p and it’s up to you if you want to spend another $30-$40 for the K70
@WandowsTin TFW I said I was gonna get the k70 months ago and you shit on corsair
Pj, looking back u said u were gonna post ur setup in 2016… its 2017 fucking do it already

Corsair? More like coarse hair amirite…

Such offtopic but it wasn’t relevent enough to be a lol.

What am I doing with myself

@BurgerLover1 can’t be arsed also still have a shite kb
Got my hands on an IKEA Signum, update coming soon c:

img

Specs:

i5-6600k @ 4.6GHz Asus Z170-A be quiet Pure Rock CPU cooler 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte windforce OC 1) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W (80+ gold :D) coolermaster mastercase pro 5

Monitor: Asus VC239H (1080p 60Hz monitor) Mouse: Coolermaster CM storm havoc Mouse pad: Steelseries QcK+ Keyboard: some crappy HP wireless one (for now!) Headphones: Pioneer HDJ-500 (black) Headphone stand: Generic banana stand from the range Mic: Neewer NW-700 Phantom Power: InnoGear 229 XLR cable for the phantom power came with phantom power (generic, nothing special) Phone: Nexus 5X 3x3x3: Gans 356 (custom sticker set) Crown: MINE.

Hows the crown yours? There are 2 people with better specs XD
it’s a bday present l o l
I own the crown……………………………
Picture taken with the 5X?
B…but im a genji main ;-;

EWW everyone

^(cinemasins)

@WandowsTin same mousepad lolz (except mine is the smaller version)

ordered k70 rgb today

will post pics on tues

I now need to update my post again because I got a sexy new monitor… hopefully I’ll remember to do that soon
I’ll finally post pictures after I get my new keyboard, which should be around the end of March as that’s when my birthday is. I too am going for a version of the K70 RGB :D
I still need to do some cable management, maybe I’ll post it soon.

New keyboard :DDD

setup

keyboard

Specs

i5-6600k @ 4.6GHz Asus Z170-A be quiet Pure Rock CPU cooler 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte windforce OC 1) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W (80+ gold :D) coolermaster mastercase pro 5

Monitor: Asus VC239H (1080p 60Hz monitor) Mouse: Coolermaster CM storm havoc Mouse pad: Steelseries QcK+ Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Headphones: Pioneer HDJ-500 (black) Headphone stand: banana stand from the range Mic: Neewer NW-700 Phantom Power: InnoGear 229 XLR cable for the phantom power came with phantom power (generic, nothing special) Phone: Nexus 5X 3x3x3: Gans 356 (custom sticker set)

@WandowsTin I love that picture of just the keyboard
yez am professional photographer

Oh god what is that…

an ENTER BUTTON?!

no like why the hell is the enter button on two rows of keys
he answered… it’s a (UK) ISO layout ;p standard in a lot of places, though I use an ANSI layout board myself (though not out of choice) There’s also a smaller shift on the left to fit in a 105th key (backslash)
Oh kk nvm I’m dumb

So i think i have improved… also some cable porn for the people that love it c:

https://imgur.com/a/FKdJY

Also sorry for the 2 cables at the monitor.. also the mouse and keyboard :/ (planning on getting wireless keyboard n mouse) https://imgur.com/L73jis8

for fuck’s sake embed your images @BurgerLover1

Ok, here’s my setup:

Specs: I think it has an I3 CPU or something like that ._. (also, there’s a subwoofer below the table, you just can’t see it)

Minimalist with the keyboard changes. Like it.

Setup mini update with cable management that I’m happy to show off coming soon.

Here’s a sneak peek:

mic stuffs

@Doomblah same setup here :P

#Updated setup~

##Above the desk

setup_image_1 setup_image_2

Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB (MX Reds) Mouse: CoolerMaster CM storm Havoc Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+ Monitor: Asus VC239H Headphones: Razer Kraken (Dog chewed old headphones :() Desk: Ikea Malm

Machine’s specs:

CPU: i5-6600k GPU: Gigabyte windforce 1060 6GB Mobo: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Case: CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 5 PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX 650W

##Cable Management

setup_image_3

Not much to say. Two drooping cables are drooping because what they’re for are often adjusted. That cable going downwards is my surge protector/extension lead, I’m simply a very lazy person and can’t be bothered to put it right.

Setup pics coming soonish! Have finally got a new keyboard. And made it work.

@Nemes gotta love github

##Above Desk Sorry for the blurry pictures. I wasn’t taking my time at all.

img img2 img2

##Cables Pretty Messy :/

img4

##Specs/Desk Items

Current Laptop:

Lenevo Y Gaming
16GB Ram
Intel I7 4700HQ
Geforce GTX 890M

Mouse/Keyboard:

Mouse: Logitech G602 Keyboard Logitech Orion G910

@JackkOLantern same mouse :o
Ffs pj just upload ur setup already
@PyjamaL1ama I have that mouse too c: Good choice.
Yo people should start posting their laptop rigs too because a lot of people have good laptops along with their main desktop pc (and they say jack shit about them)
Everything’s dead in my setup :D will post soon enough
I’ll post my new “setup” after the new table comes in. The only thing you would notice the change of is the ones surrounding the actual “laptop”
I still dont get why people do these things “yeah i’m waiting for my stuff wil post the thing later” just please do the damn thing when you get the damn thing
@Nyxify I don’t have a good laptop, it can barely run Ableton Live 9 :l (neither can my desktop for that matter, but that’s a software issue not hardware, don’t lol amd me)

Time for another update guys :D

img img img

Almost everything here was purchased by me brand new. Here we go

Monitor: Acer CZ340CK 34" Ultrawide Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB with Cherry MX Brown Switches Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Microphone: Blue Yeti Mouse pad: Corsair MM300 Extended Speaker: Bose SoundLink Color Wireless There’s also a Samsung Wireless Charger on the left. Really handy.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K overclocked to 4.6 Ghz GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 Superclocked RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2666 Mhz Motherboard: Asus Z170 Sabertooth S CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT AiO 280mm SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte Black GPU back plate courtesy of V1 Tech Custom sleeved PSU cable courtesy of CableMod Headphones: Audio Technica ATH M50xs

Sooo yeah… if you guys have any recommendations, let me know

Acer predator monitors or that dell 5k (maybe more than one?) and/or a laptop? Nice setup, much better than mine

@Skrileton The only thing I’d recommend is to do this to your cables (mostly the pcie cables powering the graphics card) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIr9u-sr99g

It looks a lot nicer than having them flopping around, takes a while but imo it’s worth it.

Will post my setup in a bit

Now that I have something better than my $400 potato, I though I’d share. (Just ignore how giant the pictures are thanks)

My Desk

Desk Two monitors (One 1ms gaming monitor from ASUS, and a smaller one I got from best buy for like $99) Keyboard is the Logitech Orion G610 (MX Brown), Mouse is the Razer DeathAdder 2013. Headset is a Razer Kraken Pro, plus a little raspberry pi 3B hiding under it that I don’t use (yet?). ##The PC PC The case is the Thermaltake Versa H15, with a Ryzen 1400 and an OC’d (250 MHz core / 293 MHz memory) EVGA GTX 1050 Ti on an MSI Grenade A320M, with an EVGA 400W PSU. There’s also 16GB of 2133MHZ HyperX Fury DDR4. For storage I have a generic 1TB HDD, and boot off a 120GB SSD. Runs most games at 1080p60fps at high settings, even with a web browser in the background (I use both Firefox and Chrome, sometimes both at the same time for some reason). ^^^^^Note ^^^^^to ^^^^^self: ^^^^^let ^^^^^the ^^^^^camera ^^^^^focus ^^^^^next ^^^^^time…

https://imgur.com/O9PA9R1 i think i should clean my desk lol

Also @PyjamaL1ama where the fuck is your setup 3 months ago you said “soon”

Which reminds me I haven’t updated mine in a while, its gone through at least 4 major changes since then. Coming soon :3

New Setup

Finally got my desk. Also noticed many people have Ikea desks. xD

img img img img (btw, Same desk as _Brit, but in black) (Sorry my pc is dusty) Desk Items: Keyboard: K70 Strafe Mouse: Razer Deathadder Mousepad: Razer Goliathus

Computer Specs: CPU: I5-6400 2.7 Ghz(3.3 Ghz with Turbo) Motherboard: Asus B150M-A RAM:8GB DDR4-2133 G.SKill Ripjaws V series GPU:EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX Case:Corsair Spec-02

Images fixed by PJ

Razer \o/ also i stack my boxes aswell dw
I gotta say, that’s a really nice looking setup. I also stack boxes, but I stack them in a little side room I have.

Highest Quality image ever

https://imgur.com/gallery/OmatV

Specs: 8GB RAM 2.66ghz i7 CPU NVIDIA 3100M 512mb 1440x900 500 GB Hard Drive

Razer Lancehead TE RGB Some Lenovo keyboard I’ve had for a while 5 year old sony headphones (no mic)

@CurliestFries you’re meant to use the share link not the album link, dimwit

Amateur photographer btw haHAA

got a g pro for christmas which is pretty cool :^ )

also got a new HDD but you can’t see that

full setup mouse Keyboard

Last one didn’t turn out as well as I hoped. Oh well.

ok fine here’s my drives

muh drives

@PyjamaL1ama still hasnt uploaded his fucking setup. We must start a rebellion
WAIT, is that a Wii U?

WAIT, is that a Wii U?

yes.

(@)PyjamaL1ama still hasnt uploaded his fucking setup. We must start a rebellion

I’ve told him too many times on skype tbh

You could get a Switch
but WWHD isn’t on the switch and I don’t want one.
Okay y’all Super excited, I ordered my first pieces to my ~$1400 CAD PC. Expect it within the next month, also; https://pcpartpicker.com/list/93fZnn Plus triple monitor @PyjamaL1ama come on man
tbh you probably could’ve squeezed a bit more performance out of that system by getting a 1700X instead of a 1700.

@Xav101 the 1700 is the only CPU that makes sense in the Ryzen 7 lineup because they’re all overclockable and b350 motherboards are cheap (compared to z370 anyways). With the “X” at the end, you get like 100mhz extra boost, not worth it.

Also my system should be ready to showcase soon.

placeholder for later, just finished cablemanaging my pc, should be ready for showcase real soon

I’m happy to announce, i saw pj’s setup.

it sucked

Lmao. I told you it was part of it, and the picture wasn’t great quality, and my desk was covered in all of that revision stuff (remember I took the picture to show my friend from school). But k.
SO @PyjamaL1ama just show it already!
Just a little teaser alt_text
If i had some money i would have a dank-ass setup aswell XD ^pl0x ^gimme ^money ^richbois
My build is now done! Pictures should be up later today.
Why do people tease and make trailers and updates for their setups, just post the damn setup
@BurgerLover1 I’d love to, but unfortunately a lack of painting hangers is preventing me from completing my setup.

I must apologize for not following up. I’ve been spending too much time in the streets of Los Santos and getting headshots in Insurgency. Here is my setup: alt_text alt_text alt_text alt_text alt_text Parts:

1. Xeon x3440, a 4 core 8 thread monster for the $17 I paid for it
  2. Asus P7H55 CM5575 Motherboard, something I overpaid in hopes of overclocking my CPU, but looks like I wasted $54 here
  3. Cryorig M9i, a $20 tower cooler that performs about the same as a hyper 212, but looks much better
  4. PNY GTX 1050 Ti, snagged it for $140 while it was on sale at a black Friday back in 2017, still pissed that I couldnt get a rx470/570, but ᖗ( ᐛ )ᖘ
  5. Thermaltake Smart 600w, nothing important to note here, no modularity, no gold rating, but it works, and it cost less than $50, I used a sharpie marker to color over the ketchup and mustard wires
  6. ADATA SU900 256 GB SSD, nice and fast boot drive, got it for free
  7. Hitachi 500 GB laptop drive, hidden away under the PSU shroud, also free
  8. 5x Apevia Blue Ring fans, running at max speed, $29, not too loud, but we know light up fans make your pc run 360% faster
  9. Thermaltake Versa H18, it cost me only $50, has a PSU shroud, tempered glass, mesh front panel, and is amazing for the price, I call it the poor man’s Fractal Design Meshify C Mini
  10. A random 1600x900 monitor, dont have any 1080p ones to spare, probably the weakest part of my system
  11. Lenovo business grade keyboard, got it for free from a charity, came with a Pentium 4 system, and I am still loving it, has the most key travel of any keyboard I have ever tried, and I can annoy people with the clacking sound 12)Magece g1, I got it for $8, and it made my Insurgency gameplay so much better than my old Dell mouse 13)Fujifilm TX2? who knows
  12. A drone, it sits on the top fan filter on my case, and flies sometimes 15)iPhone 5c, acts as my youtube consumption device when Im gaming or doing stuff 16)Xiaomi Redmi 4a, all photos were taken on my new daily driver 17)Patriot Viper DDR3 8GB 2x4 Running in Dual channel, nothing special for $60 (but let’s call it $40 because I got my first 8gb for $40)

my steam name is Antares if anyone wants to play insurgency with me

Dang. For <500 dollars you actually made a fairly solid computer. Honestly I wouldn’t be too mad about the whole “couldn’t get an RX 470/570” thing - the 1050ti is not a bad graphics card (there’s a reason it comes in at second place for the most common gpu in steam’s hardware survey.)

Peripherals are all decent^(fix mouse pl0x it should be blue)

Anyways, nice build. You did pretty good.

Lol @Xav101, 1050 ti ain’t bad, but I paid full MSRP for it, oh well, July’s gonna be here soon enough, people will be selling their rx580s for $100 hopefully :-D

AND, I snagged a i7 4770 for only $95, I’ll be putting that in the system soon enough, along with another 2TB archive drive, I’ll post new pictures after new upgrades, and yes, I’ll make the mouse blue this time :P

Full MSRP… damn, that must have really sucked considering the GPU shortage. feelsbadman

i7 seems interesting. Will love to see a follow-up

Also, 2TB archive drive? Are you referring to something like this? If you are, and you haven’t bought it already, I might consider buying something different. If I remember correctly, archive drives have an issue where when doing a write it overwrites more than the data it needs to write, requiring it to read the data it was going to overwrite, and then write it back to the drive along with the new data you wanted to write to the drive. If so, I’d just get like a Seagate Ironwolf 2TB or something similar instead.

@Xav101 I apologize, I meant a 2TB Seagate Drive for archiving my old music, videos, pictures, projects, etc. $140 for a 1050 Ti isn’t fantastic value, but what can I do? At least I rescued the last 1050 ti in stock from the mines :D

I am quite happy with my setup also setup

3 full HD monitors (high enough res for me) and 1 HD monitor Razer blackwidow chroma keyboard, genius gila mouse

PC: 16gb DDR4 RAM, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six core processor (runs well enough?), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card, Some extra graphics card for more ports to connect displays, TB of HDD, 128GB cheapo SSD for OS, A really big case.

My cable management could use some work though… XD

@thegunmaster what the hell is that case? do you have dual systems or an eATX system in that mothafucka?

Time to fucking update my setup post, huh? Here you go!

Intel i7-4770 16GB DDR3 RAM Too many harddrives for me to care about. Nvidia Gefore GTX 1070 Blue Snowball Ice Corsair RGB Strafe Some knockoff brand mouse that will need replacing in two months Some mismatching monitors. And a complimentary cat.

img img

set1 set2

HP Laptop. Intel core i5 with Nvidia graphics, 4GB RAM, ½TB for the storage (iirc). I use a seperate keyboard because my laptop keys are borke from the insides. The mouse and keyboard are connected into one usb.

And then a headset next to a bag of fresh batteries (in case I need to change my battery)

I have a new pc, specs: 16 gb ram. 4 tb storage. 256 gb ssd, amd ryzen 2400 g.. and suprisingly no graphics card. Waiting for the 1180 and buying that.. or if it turns out to be shitty i’ll get the 1080 TI
Also hopefully my laptop comes in tommorow! (I7(cant remember which), 1050, 16 gb ram, 1 tb storage and a 256 gb ssd)
that sounds like a beast for a laptop, burger.
College requires it for some reason.. well not the 1050 but the rest they do
I don’t understand about the ram, but I do understand that a 1Tb storage is needed. Still a beast imo (compared to mine)
I also dont know why they require 16 gb, for what i’m doing 8 is fine tbh
nevertheless really nice specs. You made a good choice :p

fat 2 monitors

two monitors r nice

still need to set up wii vc to play oot but holy fuck fixing ios9 is annoying, also gamecube controllers 2 rare which is a feelsbadman

144hz smooooooooth

for some reason viewing angles on new monitor kinda blow. very sad. still smooooooth 144hz.

@BurgerLover1 wait for benchmarks. ray tracing seems to just be fat scam since it only works on games that support it, would suggest getting the 1080ti tbh

img img img

Ryxen 7 1700 MSI b350 tomahawk kingston hyperx 16gb corsair air 540 evga 1050 (i dont game at all) samsung evo 970 m2 like five other hdds

my ethernet solution is janky, it comes in through a powerline and into a switch (tiny white box) then from the switch to my pc, but also from the switch the the router to make a hotspot because my main router upstairs is terrible range

Here is mine. PC : I7 7700k Kaby Lake (classic) Geforce GTX 1060 by Zotac (same) 16 GB RAM DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2400MHZ (same) MSI B250 Gaming Pro Carbon (idk i bought the cheapest one lol) Watercooling CoolerMaster (basic too)