New concept for extenders

RedstonerBuilding → New concept for extenders

I recently created a new idea for creating piston extenders based off of slime blocks. It started with this small concept shown here This circuit seems ordinary, but when you power a single piston, this happens: Image The piston gets lifted up along with the other slime blocks. The second piston can be powered for a whole 2 blocks extension, and this can be hooked up to an ABBA circuit to create a double block extender fairly compactly. I then started working on other designs and ways to expand this. I diverged and tried to create windey designs and got up to 5 blocks with that. Eventually, I settled for one design that could expand 6 whole blocks, encompassed a small 3x2x3 area when retracted, and would retract faster than conventional extenders. Remember that this is without an ABBA circuit to go with it (necessary for proper retraction). Imgur Imgur

If someone can find a way to add an ABBA circuit in a compact manner in order to make this compact, this could be a useful extender seeing as this is possible both vertically and horizontally.

Figure this may be useful for someone, and I hope someone better at conventional redstone than me can fit in an ABBA circuit.

image formatting fixed by hacker

uhh I think this was already done before
Already went through this argument with doomblah. When I asked around on the server nobody recognised it from anywhere so I rolled with it.
Bro its everywhere. Even I’ve made a few models.
Asked who on the server? If its guests who barely do redstone I wonder why.
A mod, a few builders and another visitor I designed it with (who is now a member).

if i recall correctly the argument was getting pretty bad, and before it got REALLY bad i stepped away from it. I don’t remember reaching a conclusion on whether it existed before or not.

leave me out of this

Yeah, we both dropped it without anyone being pursuaded.
I compacted it to 140 blocks!
nice! The best I was able to get was 765 or 210 blocks.

Nicely done, nice size hacker and Zwei.

Just as a side note: I’ve seen a famous you tuber use this concept before. Pretty sure I’ve seen it in many other videos on YT as well. Either way, you’ve done a good job compacting it.

Cheers

Thanks Deeeeeeeeeedo.

Hey hacker, I’m interested in seeing how you compacted it. For mine I basically had it spiral around the set of pistons while minimizing interference. For some reason though my design only works on this server. :/