Make KOTL fun again.

ArchivesFeature requests → Make KOTL fun again.

CLOSED

Well, you’ve most likely noticed that you can now fly in spawn. Not a bad thing. But, it ruins the fun of playing KOTL. You can now fly right above the top and fall down to claim the top of the ladder. Boring. What I’d like is a seperate island that you walk to and can’t fly on so KOTL is fun. It’d make it more interesting and exciting than the current KOTL, as noone can cheat looks at staff. Alongside this, it’d be nice to have more lax rules for the game. I personally think that it’d be more interesting having bows, weapons and armour allowed, and Flying, Camping and Hacking forbidden.

I agree,

Besides that it’s getting REALLY annoying that everyone tries to kill you at spawn, you can’t go anywhere without being knocked off the edge by someone. And if you ask then to stop, it just continues and gets more frustrating, I think we need better rules. And to all staff, please, play in survival mode, instead of watching everyone else get killed.

Or what about a command which dissables pvp for a person yet allows him to go into creative, yet when he dissables the commands he gets teleported to spawn and his gamemode is survival and his pvp rights are given back to him?

And also, I don’t need a wild L0rd shooting fireballs at me when I’m playing kots -_-

I can say that I changed the game mode in Spawn to survival so they can’t cheat anymore
@jomo “It is a creative server” -yesterday
@Futsy You ruined the fun of the REST of the spawn that way. Jomo said it himself, redstoner is a creative server, so why not have spawn in creative mode?
We never had flying in the old spawn anyway, I see no reason at all to change this… You can’t have it all Barry so either you keep flying or you have your original request granted. We will come up with a fox for KOTL but at least in the meantime we will keep it this way.

Can I just say that KOTL worked just like it was supposed to do.

You can’t just fly to the top and claim it, the region goes all the way up to y = 255 so if you survive that fall I will gladly give you a diamond.

What about… A new world specifically, for King of the “Island”?
@bela333 hmm, that might be a neat idea (at least i think so), you might wanna post a feature request or something for it.
We can quickly set up a worldguard region around the KOTL where your gamemode is automatically changed to adventure mode.
I agree with @Dico200
@Dico200 and @HardDerpinIsLoud it is å region around kotl and it works the way it is supposed to do