Redstone School

ArchivesFeature requests → Redstone School

CLOSED

I would like to think that a redstone server would have some way of learning how to do redstone for those who are newer at it. So you may as well have a place on the server that teaches others to learn redstone.

+1

Im bad at redstone.

Well, I still s*ck at making compact redstone so…

HOLY SMOKES. THIS IS BRILLIANT. how come I never thought of this?!?!? @UserErrorCode this is a very good idea that we should definitely implement.

I don’t think players/staff have the time nor patience to actually teach 1 on 1 redstone so maybe some advanced redstoners can make a place where there are TONS of beginner intermediate and advanced every day circuits. And some written explanations. Things like that maybe…

Maybe some explanations on how different items can be used to make your redstone builds more compact and efficient.

By far the best idea I’ve heard in a while on here.

Cheers

Hmm i might try my skills by making this, quite a neat idea :0
well we have the gallery that iirc was going to be like an area that would show of and explain how it works and what each component do.

This is very similar to what has been in the planning for months if not years. Gallery

It is currently not being worked on. Not sure of it future either.

I’ll say that this is a project that I would definitely be interested in working on, however I think we would need to start over from scratch. Anyways just letting you guys know I would be up for arranging this project, and I’m sure some others would also be willing to contribute.
Tbh i might make a “Back To Basics” Redstone things on my 2nd plot :D

+1, but I think that a better idea would be to have an area w/ something like this:

People to ask for help: —[Doors]——[logix]——[insert other part of redstone here]—— name………….name……………….name name………….name……………….name name………….name……………….name name………….name……………….name name………….name……………….name name………….name……………….name

Then, if someone was having difficulty with something, they could go to this place and see who is good at that kind of thing and ask them instead of pressing TAB and finding a random redstoner.

Well we did have a gallery at one point…
At ==ONE ^point ^^we ^^^had ^^^^a ^^^^gallery==
I may convert my second or first plot to this.. Mail me In-game if you are interested.
I wouldn’t mind helping out with doors by the way.

I have started this on my showcase plot /p h AberDeLeDerpeh if you are added to my plot already (fuck, half the server is) then feel free to add to it!

-Aber

+1 for the interesting concept! Now who are we going to hire to teach all these newcomers… nudge nudge
Hmm…. I will brainstorm for this idea for a bit.

I am willing to teach newcomers (using skype and stuff) 1 on 1. Maybe a new part of forums could be created for “redstone help.” However, I will note, I do suck at redstone (even more than fuwwy lol) and that I would only be able to teach simpler stuff like monostables and how to use stuff like pistons tapes and layouts and stuff like that.

HOWEVER, I do believe this “redstone school” shouldn’t just apply to newcomers. I would love to learn logix :P, and compacting, as well as reusing circuits. We should definitely open it up to everyone who wishes to learn.

(I can see a few issues though, but since I want to see this implemented, I will be brief :o

1. Available Teachers (um yeah)
  2. Newcomers can waste others' time (um yeah, although I don’t think it will happen very often)
  3. System32:Overload.exe (too many people needz help) xD [a bit like #1]
Will this/the gallery ever be added by the server/Devs (again)?